Terrible week will be followed by a terrible gain

spinme307

Eurrrgh! Feel awful after an awful week.
My 6yr old has been in hospital all weekend after fitting & vomitting at a kiddies party. Spent all weekend at the hospital eating out of vending machines and drinking lots of coffee. Fortunately my dd is well and home now but I got the scales this morning and have gained 4lbs! I can't believe it!
I know I have eaten junk and been very stressed but surely i cant have eaten that much junk.

I have weigh in wednesday night but cant see me making much of a dent into those 4lbs by then...oh dear!

Don't give up! Be sensible between now and then - it's not the end of the world. Your body weight can fluctuate up to 2lbs either way during the course of a day. Just look on between now and Wed night as a head start on next week's weight loss. Glad your DD is well and home again. Look after yourself.:)

spinme307 said:
Eurrrgh! Feel awful after an awful week.
My 6yr old has been in hospital all weekend after fitting & vomitting at a kiddies party. Spent all weekend at the hospital eating out of vending machines and drinking lots of coffee. Fortunately my dd is well and home now but I got the scales this morning and have gained 4lbs! I can't believe it!
I know I have eaten junk and been very stressed but surely i cant have eaten that much junk.

I have weigh in wednesday night but cant see me making much of a dent into those 4lbs by then...oh dear!

Understandable that food was down the list of priorities so don't give yourself a hard time you probably haven't eaten as much as your scales say. If you were eating way out of your normal plan, your body has probably adjusted with an increase in fluid retention, so try to get some fluids in to flush that out and being back on plan will get your body back in check. Also stress can have a really negative impact on weight loss and blimey, what a stressful time you've had! You will probably be surprised at how quickly the weight goes if you get on plan immediately. The best thing to do is just to be a bit kind to yourself and get your stress levels down by looking after yourself with some non food treats, some tasty healthy food and accept the gain as you know the reasons why it has happened so you know it will come off too. It's not as if you just went out and blew the weekend and don't know why so getting back to normal will get the gain off. Whatever you do get back on plan straight away, no delays and no waiting till tomorrow as it can so easily and quickly grow into something that feels a lot harder to shift. Glad to hear your daughter is much better what a horrendous fright that must have been. Hugs x

If you have eaten a lot of crisps and processed foods that you don't normally, you've probably had a massive sodium intake, so I bet an awful lot of that 4lb is water retention and not 'real' weight gain......so, I agree with the advice to massively up your water intake for the next few days and try and balance it out. You can also eat diuretic foods like celery and cucumber (make sure you really are drinking A LOT of water!) and high potassium foods like banana to help too.....good luck!

pixel said:
If you have eaten a lot of crisps and processed foods that you don't normally, you've probably had a massive sodium intake, so I bet an awful lot of that 4lb is water retention and not 'real' weight gain......so, I agree with the advice to massively up your water intake for the next few days and try and balance it out. You can also eat diuretic foods like celery and cucumber (make sure you really are drinking A LOT of water!) and high potassium foods like banana to help too.....good luck!

Not to much water though, we dont want her drowning :) 2 litres a day is plenty unless youre doing alot of exercise, then 3 litres would be more like it.x

Weighing mid-week can give you a false gain so don't get too down about it, just get back on plan now and wait and see what the scales say on Wednesday.

Whatever your gain try not to get down about it, as you can't help what happened, food was the last thing you were thinking about. So glad to hear your daughter is okay

Don't stress. In that situation no one would have given a stuff about sw! Draw a line under it, have as little syns as possible before now and weigh in, drink lots of water. And if you gain, you gain. It's no big deal. You just work it off next week. Don't beat yourself up or stress about it!

Glad your little one is home safe and well!

xxx

Ah I can sympathise with this...hospitals, grrr! As everyone says, draw a line underneath it. A gain is only ever a small bump in the road provided you stick to plan and the right attitude - and Im pretty sure EVERYONE has bumps in the road during their weightloss :)

Back