Tesco cordial - which brand?

x-Katie-x

Gold Member
Somebody mentioned that there is a Tesco cordial that you can drink on the diet, similar to using the flavourings available through LL and Cambridge. Can anyone let me know which cordial it is?

I looked up and down the aisle the other day for it but all the ones I found had citric acid in them.

Appreciate any help with this one :)

Hello Katie

I drink the Tesco High Juice no added sugar Apple, Pomegranate & Raspberry squash. No citric acid & it doesn't knock me out of Ketosis. I drank this before when I did Cambridge & it didn't slow my losses. Everyone is different though. xx

The Tesco flavoured still water, Strawberry and also Apple have malic acid in them not citric and I think are ok, but check with someone who has tried it first, keep meaning to buy them but haven't yet.

Thanks for the info, I'll buy some and give it a go. It's strange as I can drink water no problem at work but I really struggle at home so hopefully this will help.

Did you buy some Katie, what was it like? xoxo

It would be great if we could use that - so much cheaper than the Cambridge water flavourings - wont the actual fruit juice be a problem though?

Laurie said:
Did you buy some Katie, what was it like? xoxo

Yes I bought some, just used a little in a couple of glasses of water and it was fine. I don't test for ketosis so I can't be 100% that it didn't knock me out but I didn't feel any different.

A litre bottle of Tesco High Juice no added sugar Apple, Pomegranate & Raspberry contains 50g of carb and 260 cals, so you wouldnt want to go drinking a whole bottle a day. It does contain natural fruit sugar which accounts for the carbs, so the label is a bit misleading, no added sugar doesnt mean no sugar in it, just no extra sugar added.

If you make a bottle last 5 days lets say, then thats 10g of carb extra a day plus an extra 50 cals a day. I doubt that 10g of carb will knock you out of ketosis, but Exante isnt that low in carbs either at 58.5g in 3 meal replacements, so you could end up bordering on being in or out of ketosis depending on how sensitive you are to carbs.

You should be ok on it, but you still have to allow for the extra calories it contains. If you are 100% on exante then thats still only 650 a day, so may not have much of a knock on effect.

*edited cos my math is not good at this time of night

Thank you so much that was really helpful!
I did buy two bottles today, I wasnt planning on having it strong just to give a little flavour.
I will try and make a bottle last a week.

I will give it a go next week, and just keep testing on my ketostix that I'm still in ketosis.

xoxoxoxo

Well, im trying some of this today, it's day 4 and I can honestly say I'm sick and tired of drinking water.
I've worked out a bottle is to last me a week. I'm having 2 glassed of water a day and 3 glasses of squash. It works out as 35 extra calories a day. I hope this doesn't effect my loss. I will just see how it goes this week, and then decide if I continue or go back to plain old h2o lol xoxoxo

Back