Tess' fight against the flab

Tessieg1

Silver Member
Hello all,
I started on Slimming World today, and thought I'd keep a diary of my journey.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Teresa and I'm 33 years old. I have a beautiful 3 year old little girl and have been living in the UK for 8 years now. I worked shifts for 10 years and recently our department closed and I got made redundant. The weird thing is that I'm finally not working shifts and I can try and eat like "normal" people again. :eek:

I was skinny at school and even when I left school, I was still technically underweight. Since I left, a few things happened and I began to comfort eat. I've been dieting on-and-off for about 5 years and I've decided that this is it. I've tried every diet under the sun, including Lighterlife, WW, Sureslim, CD, and I'd lose weight really well, then go back to my old habits and put all the weight back on.

My family had a get-together this passed weekend and when I saw the photos I knew it was time to sort my life out. I do not want to be a fat mother and I want to be slim and healthy for my little girl and my family.

So, yesterday evening I joined my local Slimming World group. It was quite nerve-wracking and I am still seriously struggling to get my head around the plan, but I'm determined that I am going to get to goal as soon as possible.

This is my fight against the Flab. I'm sorry for the long post, but I really look forward to any tips or advice and support along my journey. :)
Take care.
Tess

Good luck, I started properly yesterday too. I am slimming for a holiday. xx

Thanks very much! How are you finding it so far? :)

I'm feeling great! Definitely feeling better today and less bloated. Stomach feels miles flatter! Sooo looking forward to all my meals because I'm taking time to prepare nice things.

Good morning all, day 3 for me today, and so far it's actually going ok. Still struggling to get my head around all the plans,etc but I've been using the online food tracker to make sure I'm not overdoing things. So far so good. I am feeling a lot less bloated, and I've just found out that two of my friends are also doing Slimming World, so I have extra support. :D
I did go over my syns yesterday, though, but not by much as I had a glass of wine :eek:, so I'm trying to make up for it today.

I'm mainly doing Extra Easy although I think I'm going to have a few Green days too. I don't actually eat meat anyway.
So today I've had so far:

Breakfast:
2 weetabix with skimmed milk and sweetener with banana

Snack: (I'm eating it now!) Muller Light toffee yogurt - yum!

For Lunch: I have Quorn Sausages and mash with lots of veggies

Then I have loads of fruit if I feel a bit snacky during the afternoon. I also tend to crave salt in the afternoons quite badly and used to grab big bags of crisps for the drive home. To combat that, but still get my salt fix I have a small pck of Snack a Jacks Crunch Curls (3.5 syns). Any other ideas would be much appreciated. :D

Does this look ok so far?

Thanks so much for reading. I'd better get back to work! LOL.
Have a good day, all. x:)

Sounds yummy to me. I'm sure i'll be drinking too at weekend. may have vodka though and get leathered! Do you feel less bloated or anything? I feel like a new person, sooo much energy! Glad its going ok for us.

PS, What's your daughters name? she's gorge! xx

Sounds yummy to me. I'm sure i'll be drinking too at weekend. may have vodka though and get leathered! Do you feel less bloated or anything? I feel like a new person, sooo much energy! Glad its going ok for us.

PS, What's your daughters name? she's gorge! xx

Hiya, yes I definitely feel less bloated. I've just had my lunch of quorn sausage, mash and veg, and I'm feeling quite full! Not used to eating so much. LOL.
My daughter's name is Jessica and she's three years old. A real little madam at the mo, but still my little princess. :D
Have a good day. x

hi i have started this week too, only i am doing it online, don't have the confidence to go to a class at the mo.
sounds like you are doing fine so keep up the good work.
i too started a diary cos i am sure it will help me focus x
heres to the first weigh in :eek:
mandy x

Hi Mandy, thanks very much for your post. Good luck with your weightloss journey. I'm sure we'll manage to figure it out together. ;) I was going to join online, but the classes are better for me as I need the accountability. Here's hoping for a good weigh in on Monday!! :cross:

Good morning, all

Can't believe it's Friday today! Eeek! I finally feel like I'm getting to grips with this diet now. I'm doing a green day today and have LOADS of fruit with me to snack on. The menu for today is:

Breakfast:
Banana
Hi-fi bar

Snack: apple

Lunch:
1 x wholemeal toast with low-low cheese (HAE)
small handful of grapes
2-finger kitkat (5.5 syns)
3 x satsumas

Snack: Snack-a-jacks Crunchy Curls (3.5 syns)

Dinner:
Jacket Potato
Baked beans
Mixed salad

Hope you're all having a good day. :)

mmm menu sounds nice. I had jacket with baked beans last night. It was lovely and so filling! I had to have a break half way through and I never do that. hope you enjoy it :) Have a great day. Nat x

Hi Nat,

Thanks very much. How are you doing today? I'm working till 5:30 today, but due to travel will only get home about 7-ish. Really looking forward to my baked potato though. Absolutley love them! LOL.
Have a good day. :)

Good morning all, it's the start of a new week. It's been an ok weekend, although I did have a little bit of chocolate yesterday whilst we were watching a movie. :eek:

Still, I'm quite hopeful that I'm going to have a fairly good weigh in this morning. My scales show a loss, but the Slimming World scales are quite different to mine, so fingers crossed! My weigh in is 7:30pm tonight, so have to be VERY good today. Planning on eating pretty lightly.

Breakfast:
Hi-Fi Ruby bar
Apple

snack:
Grapes

Lunch:
spagetti in tomato sauce
1 slice wholemeal bread
Mullerlight FF vanilla yogurt

Snack:
Nectarine
Pear

I don't know what I'm having for dinner yet, but it will be after the weigh in anyway.

Hope you all have a good week. :)

Hope you have a loss Tess! I've lost 5lb this week :D I've been ridiculously good though!

Menu sounds lovely, do you have treat night? thats where I always used to go wrong lol. I dont do it now though xx

Hope you have a loss Tess! I've lost 5lb this week :D I've been ridiculously good though!

Menu sounds lovely, do you have treat night? thats where I always used to go wrong lol. I dont do it now though xx

Hello Nat! Wow, well done on your loss! That's amazing. :D I hope I do as well.
Yes, I'm going to have a treat night, but not going to go overboard or anything. (Well, at the moment I'm not planning too! LOL). I will allow myself a little treat, but don't quite know what yet. We'll see. :)
Anyway, I will update my diary as soon as I get home after the weigh in tonight. Hope you have a good day. x

Well, I have slightly mixed feelings at mo. I lost 1.5lb this week. Really wish it was more, but at least it's a loss. I am aiming for 2lb next week, so fingers crossed!
Off to bed now, so g'nite all.x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well, had a bit of a rough day yesterday and ended up eating loads of rubbish yesterday evening. :eek: So, I'm starting afresh today and have been really good so far. I'm staying at my mom's for the next three days as she's looking after my daughter while I work. I have no idea what she's cooking for dinner, but my menu so far for today is:

Breakfast:
Quaker Oats
Semi-skimmed milk

Snack:
Banana
Nectarine

Lunch:
Chicken Breast
Mixed Salad

Snack:
Grapes
Apple

Dinner:
??? Whatever my mom makes....

Anyway, firmly back on the straight and narrrow and aiming for a 2+ lb loss this week.

Hope you're all having a good day. :)

Hi Hun, Well done on the loss! 1.5lb is still a loss! and a step closer to target. Ive been really good again this week :) currently at work wanting to go home to my MASSIVE steak and salad! xx

Good morning all,

Still going strong on the diet. Don't feel like I've lost anything though, which is quite worrying. It is T.o.M though, so that could be the reason.
So, today's menu is:

Breakfast:
Fruit salad (banana, grapes, strawberries) with Activia peach ff yogurt (0.5 syns)

Lunch:
Roast chicken Mugshot (free) (my colleague knows I'm doing SW and she brought it in for me!):D

Snack: Snack-a-jacks Crunchy Curls (3.5 syns)
Nectarines, apple.

Dinner:
Jacket potatoe with baked beans (free)

I'm still feeling pretty disheartened because I really want to lose my target this week of 2lbs. I'm going to eat light meals for the next few days (eg omelette and veg, chicken and veg, etc) and keep my syns down. I'm also going to go on my exercise bike every day and play on the Wii - Just Dance/Zumba. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good weigh in Monday evening.

Hope you're all having a good day. Will catch up soon. :)

Back