Texty's Back - Plain and Simple

Hello lovely ladies - Thank you for my WI good lucks xx

Tooty I've messaged you the recipe hun xx

Currently tucking into Grapes, waiting for the garage to ring me and tell me my car is ready to pick up from its service. Not too expensive I hope

Thanks Peri love xx

I had my MOT done in Dec it passed with a couple of recommendations, Service today, Tax due end of the Month arghhh

I want a new one but cant afford it boo hoo

I have a Renault Megane, I've had it coming up 4 years in March. I would love a Ford Focus or a Toyota of some kind. I would never have another french car i've had 2 now and had bother with them both.

Texty_F said:
I have a Renault Megane, I've had it coming up 4 years in March. I would love a Ford Focus or a Toyota of some kind. I would never have another french car i've had 2 now and had bother with them both.

I've had a megane, years ago though, think it was a P reg, that's how long ago it was lol. And I've had a clio. And a Picasso. French car theme going on here!!! We have a ford c-max at the mo, OH mentioned a normal focus the other day, but can't afford a new one :( think i'll buy a lottery ticket on the way home!!! Hehe x

Lol just remember who ya friends are :D

My Citroen was a nifty little car i loved it as a first car from passing my test, then she died on me lol I thought , when I have to start paying lots of money out for repairs its time to get rid.

Then I got the Megane, Id only had it a week, got into work one morning , hadnt took my coat off and the security guard at work rang me - Sheila your car is rolling away in the car park arghhh, the car park is on a slope, they had managed to stop it rolling into any other cars. The handbrake had slipped it wasnt tight enough, so got that fixed.

Then 2 weeks later the electrics went on the windows ( a common fault with meganes apparently) so I had to drive to the garage with all my windows down when it opened at 9am, it was raining, foggy, blowing a gale and i had to tape black bin bags at the back ones. I looked like a right numpty driving with my windows wide open down the motorway lol. The week after that I had to get breakdown ppl to come to work as I couldnt get the handbrake OFF grrrrrrrrr. I want a new car lol

The electrics went on my fiesta a few years ago and I swore I'd never have another ford for as long as I lived lol. The doors wouldn't unlock and and i had ex's 1 year old twins in the back with my son who was about 6 at the time and we couldn't get them out! We were miles away from home and had to drive home as it was starting to get dark with no lights! Scary!! This one has been ok though. We needed a more powerful car for when we used to tow the caravan. We just have a trailer now so don't really need such a big car. Not that we holiday in the trailer now....be a bit of a squash ;)

I keep threatening to get rid of mine and buy bus passes again cos ,hubby keeps saying "were always bloody pulling money out for that car" - When I mention buses he shuts up lol.

Haha I'd be lost without my car I must admit. Shame they're so expensive. Maybe I should get a motorbike like my OH hehe. Less than £100 insurance a year!!

We've had a rav4 for 14 years... it is still running. awesome little car. Oddly more space in the back of there than there was in the back of the landrover (which mum hated and nearly blew up). The rav4 has been sat outside with no one driving it for a few years, it'd even grown lichen on it and there was a wee next under the hood, all it needed was an oil change and it was good to go. It's a great car. It was going to be given to me, but I can't afford the insurance :( I've not even had any lessons yet because I know I just can't afford to run a car.

I hate motorbikes lol. My insurance should be a little cheaper from this year, when my son passed his test 2 years ago, he bought a peugeot (the french theme rears its head again) lol. The insurance was going to be something like 1800 quid a year, so I transferred my no claims bonus onto that car, got the insurance in my name and put him on as a named driver, his payments were still over 100 a month, mine also went up as I had to start from scratch on my own car with no claims. This year he has got insurance in his own name, still 90quid a month but it means with my 7yrs no claims my payments come down to about 23 a month whoop.

Fran its the best thing I ever did, I didnt pass my test until I was 44 lol so there is time for you yet hun

I've still got my first car- a Toyota Yaris, it's 9 years old, I've had it for 5 and its amazing! I was told to stay away from French cars as well, and we've all got Japanese cars in our family (Dad-Toyota, Mum-Hyundai, sister- Nissan).
Plus father in law has got a Citroen van and its always breaking down! Whereas husband has a Ford van and he has no problems. Same age as well lol.
Next car we get will be a family car, most likely an Audi (or so my husband wishes!) it needs room for kids and 2 dogs lol

Lost 3.5lbs this week - Got my 2st award and slimmer of the week wahooo I thought id never get there as I was so close before xmas and then seemed to slip back. Im a happy bunny

Texty_F said:
Lost 3.5lbs this week - Got my 2st award and slimmer of the week wahooo I thought id never get there as I was so close before xmas and then seemed to slip back. Im a happy bunny

Well done mrs happy bunny!!!!!!! :)

Back