Texty's Back - Plain and Simple

Hello Texty
Are you ready to have the gammon conversation? In your earlier posts in this Food Diary you often mentioned eating Gammon and it always sounded delicious. I have never cooked it as my children used to have it at school dinners and don't like it! Yours however always sounded delicious! Can you give me step by step instructions for delicious gammon! Like what to buy/somed or unsmoked/ joint or steaks/danish or english.....etc....anyone else who loves gamon...join the advice line!!!!

BTW...I loved your photos of your night out....you are looking lovely! I never get glammed up....!

Thanks hun. I wont get a chance to get any before WI I start work at 7 15 in the morning :( I hope its just a one off.

Hows you?

I am a snot machine :( hope it clears up overnight, don't want to feel ill on my birthday waaaa, booo to a very early start at work for you x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Awww Lisa its horrible hun and always happens at the worst time. On the plus side I hope you have a fanastic day hun make sure you enjoy all your plans to the full. x

Hi lesleyanne - Im ready lol. This is the gammon I buy Gammon.jpg

I get them in Asda in the chiller cabinets beside the bacon, sausage etc. Depending on size they vary in price from about £4 up to £7. You can also buy them in smoked ( not nice in a broth) lol.

Once you take of the plastic wrapping there is another plastic seal around the outside of the meat holding it together. I usually cut this off, then I place in my slow cooker ( dont know if you have one)? Put it on a low heat (with just enough water to cover it) whilst im at work so roughly 8 hrs. When I get home I just lift it out with a fork and it should basically drop to bits as its so tender. So if you have an electric knife you could get perfect slices, I just use a normal bread type knife and cut it rough. Ideal for Salads, soups, sandwiches, broths. Give me a shout if ive missed anything hun lol.

And thanks for the compliment hun xx it was a cracking night out

Awww Lisa its horrible hun and always happens at the worst time. On the plus side I hope you have a fanastic day hun make sure you enjoy all your plans to the full. x

It's birthday Thursday, but out with work for 1st of my birthday celebrations, x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeh I remembered it was Thursday hun but might not get on here until late tomorrow and didnt want to miss wishing you a happy one so thought id do it tonight lol :bestwishes::bday: Have a good one chick xx

Hey sheila, just catching up on your diary! You look fab in your photos! Swit swoo indeed! (still wouldn't put you at your age!).
Hope you are feeling less bloated and normal today. Good luck for WI xxx

Hi lesleyanne - Im ready lol. This is the gammon I buy View attachment 81486

I get them in Asda in the chiller cabinets beside the bacon, sausage etc. Depending on size they vary in price from about £4 up to £7. You can also buy them in smoked ( not nice in a broth) lol.

Once you take of the plastic wrapping there is another plastic seal around the outside of the meat holding it together. I usually cut this off, then I place in my slow cooker ( dont know if you have one)? Put it on a low heat (with just enough water to cover it) whilst im at work so roughly 8 hrs. When I get home I just lift it out with a fork and it should basically drop to bits as its so tender. So if you have an electric knife you could get perfect slices, I just use a normal bread type knife and cut it rough. Ideal for Salads, soups, sandwiches, broths. Give me a shout if ive missed anything hun lol.

And thanks for the compliment hun xx it was a cracking night out

Aaahh Thanks for this...Sounds delicious. I will try it this weekend....I will get un smoked to start. I don't have a slow cooker. but I do have a cast iron pot with lid to put in a very cool oven....about 160 for 4 hours do you think? Also what liquid do you put with it...just water?

Mornin hun!?! Sorry i didnt get back to you in time last night, im thinkin you needed me for somethin to do with the pate recipe?? Hope you managed to sort it last night, good luck for weigh in chick xx

WI in about 40 mins thanks ladies I hope your all well??

Peri I love the new pic hun your very pretty.

Lesleyanne - there will be fat around the outside hun just cut it off and then its SYN FREE whoop :D

Back