Texty's Back - Plain and Simple

Afternoon ladies hope your all well?

Im back from the hospital and where do I start!!

The disc that is causing the problem is in a difficult place to get at, surrounded by tiny nerves. The problem disc is showing on the left side but i'm having all the pain on my right side. I have to have another MRI scan which is more in depth than the previous one. My case is being referred to MDDT ( this is a panel that discusses difficult cases and decides the next course of action) If they decide to operate they have to decide whether to go in through my back or my chest wall as there is a risk of paralysis.
He has ruled out Cancer ( this was a relief in itself), he mentioned a possible injection which would numb me down one side but I'd have no pain! this has to be repeated its not a one off.

My case is not straight forward as problems are normally at the top or the base of the spine not in the middle. He also said because its gone on so long its clear that it will not disappear as some disc problems do.

So in a nutshell - thats it until I have my MRI done :-( xx

Hi Hun
Only just got on the comp today so never got to wish you good luck. Sorry to hear its all a lot more complex than first thought - I know how you must be feeling as weve been through (are still going through) it with Tony, he has potentially another 3 ops to have to try give him more relief on the other leg. Its all very scary when they start talking about paralysis etc huh? Try the injection first if I were you - that's what he did, at least then you have some pain free time whilst wating for any operations xxx

Hi Sheila, I'm really sorry to hear about your disc problem hun. My mum suffered a slipped disc once and was in an awful amount of pain. It took a few months before she was better and a lot of physiotherapy . I really hope the MRI scan appointment comes up soon so that you can gain more clarity on the situation. I hope the injection in the meantime can offer you some pain relief. Hope you feel better soon hun :).

Hugs Kay xx

Aww hun.... Sorry that it wasn't what you were expecting to hear... Are you able to have the injection whilst they decide what to do? Or are you happy with the painkillers? Xx

Aww hun.... Sorry that it wasn't what you were expecting to hear... Are you able to have the injection whilst they decide what to do? Or are you happy with the painkillers? Xx

I wont be seeing him again until after the MRI now hun, the tablets are working for now so will just keep on with those in the hope I dont have to wait long. xx

Hello, sorry to hear how tricky your disc problem is to sort but they said they can do it, and they'll always have to outline the risks. I'm hoping that they can make you better & pain free very soon with no problems.

Xxx

Thanks lovelies- Im not going to panic just yet lol not until I have the results of the MRI anyway. It was weird seeing pics of my spine OH was fascinated lol

Afternoon ladies hope your all well?

Im back from the hospital and where do I start!!

The disc that is causing the problem is in a difficult place to get at, surrounded by tiny nerves. The problem disc is showing on the left side but i'm having all the pain on my right side. I have to have another MRI scan which is more in depth than the previous one. My case is being referred to MDDT ( this is a panel that discusses difficult cases and decides the next course of action) If they decide to operate they have to decide whether to go in through my back or my chest wall as there is a risk of paralysis.
He has ruled out Cancer ( this was a relief in itself), he mentioned a possible injection which would numb me down one side but I'd have no pain! this has to be repeated its not a one off.

My case is not straight forward as problems are normally at the top or the base of the spine not in the middle. He also said because its gone on so long its clear that it will not disappear as some disc problems do.

So in a nutshell - thats it until I have my MRI done :-( xx

Oh dear, so sort of good news as in they seem to be trying to resolve the problem, but boo to not know what that is, when will you're next MRI scan be?

Hope it gets sorted out as quickly as possible for you in as least pain as possible x

Oh dear, so sort of good news as in they seem to be trying to resolve the problem, but boo to not know what that is, when will you're next MRI scan be?

I just have to wait for the letter hun, could be weeks could be months - he was concerned that ive been in pain 2 years and nothing has been done until now regarding a referral to see him. He asked when it feels better, when it feels worse, and I said to be honest there is no good or bad time its there constantly and the only thing that helps are the tablets which I dont want to take for the rest of my life If I can help it!.

He made loads of notes and examined me. He had a machine next door like an x ray thingy which had 3 big screens on and my MRI pics, He was very thorough which im pleased about. Watch this space lol

Trust you to need a panel to discuss your case Sheila!

Hope you get your MRI appmt soon hun. Would you consider the injection? x

Lol I know - I like to be different Adelle. I'll see what the results show first regarding the injection, he said the ones he had were like looking down a dark tunnel with a small torch!! It didnt show enough for what he wanted to see. Im assuming the next MRI I have will be in one of the industrial sized machines we see on TV and not the mini one in a portavan that I had done.

The injection would be a short term measure per injection with nothing to say it would even work. The tablets are having the same effect, they keep the pain at bay but are masking the problem and as soon as I forget to take one the pain reminds me :-(

Ah its all a waiting game x

Back