Red Day Thai Chicken Curry - Freestyle SW style!

GymClassHero

Silver Member
Right guys and gals, i've just made a delicious Thai Chicken curry, completley off the cuff for only 2 1/2 syns per person (served 2)

I used:
2 inch piece of root ginger
3 cloves of garlic
3 sticks of lemongrass
4 shallots
3 kaffir lime leaves
3 bird eye green chillies
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp fish sauce (nam pla)
2 tbsp splenda
100ml fat free natural yogurt
100ml light coconut milk (5 SYNS)
1/4 pint of stock made with chicken bovril
Fry Light
2 Chicken Breasts

To serve:
Vegetable stir fry with cabbage, mange tout, bns, carrot, peppers, mushrooms, beansprouts.

1.Cut the chicken breasts into pieces and brown off in a wok with the fry light

2.Roughly chop the lemongrass and ginger into chunks and put in a blender with the cloves of garlic, shallots, bird eye green chillies, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, fish sauce and splenda and blend until it forms a paste

3. Once the chicken has browned off, transfer to a suitable pan and sizzle in the curry paste on a high heat for 5 minutes whilst stirring

4. Add to coconut milk and yougurt and kaffir lime leaves and keep stirring on a medium heat for 5 minutes.

5. Add the stock, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.

6. Serve with stir fried vegetables

You could do this on green and use your chicken as your healthy extra and then serve with rice or noodles if you prefer.

OMG that sounds fabulous! thank you!

Thanks for this recipe. If you havent tried it and you like Thai food then you need to try this it is gorgeous!x

Yum I think I will have to add this to my expanding recipe list yum yum Slimming world rocks

xx

Yummmm I made this last night for tea with a big pile of noodles and rice and made 4 portions so just over a syn per portion will def make this again thanks for posting xx

sounds amazing!

Oooooo this looks good I'm going shopping tomorra for the ingredients should be interesting as. Don't even know what half of it is let alone what it looks like lol

I like a challenge :)

sounds good this cueey think it'll be on the weekend menu at home.......can't remember the last time i had a take out but only half of me is missing it...........39 syns in a mini naan put me off
xx

A Syn Free Version...

is easily obtained if you substitute the coconut milk for coconut essense. I do this all the time. I also use the essence in FF Greek yogurt over fruit or in Quark for a coconut cheesecake type pud! Scrummy and all syn-free :)

Back