Thai Food

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by dukanette, 24 July 2010 Social URL.

1. dukanette

dukanette Member

Start Weight:
    11st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(8.07%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Morning ladies. I've got a dinner on Tuesday at a Thai restaurant. I need menu suggestions!

:candledinner:

My two requirements are (a) it has to be Dukan friendly, and (b) it needs to be something that won't raise any eyebrows (I haven't told anyone that I am doing Dukan - because we'd invariably get into a "you don't need to lose weight" or a "low carb diets are evil" conversation - neither of which are helpful).

All I can think of at the moment is a green or red curry without any rice - or maybe something fish-based. Do you think that would work? Any Thai fans out there?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LVLLM

LVLLM Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Carb Cycling
    have you got a menu hon or is there one online? Im just looking at a general menu now....fish or chicken or beef. but the currys have coconut milk in which is a no no. omg thats a hard one at Thai restaurants and i love em!

4. dukanette

dukanette Member

Start Weight:
    11st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(8.07%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    No, don't have a menu yet... Bugger, I forgot about the coconut. This is going to be tricky...

5. LVLLM

LVLLM Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Carb Cycling
    what the place called?

6. LVLLM

LVLLM Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Carb Cycling
  7. jaqys

jaqys Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    low carb
    http://www.thaisquare.net/images/sohomenu.pdf has a bunch of stir fries where you choose rice etc separately, hopefully it'll be similar.

When we've been with work they've done the rice communally so it dosent notice if you just pass it on.

8. anjuschka

anjuschka Dukan Ancestor!!

Start Weight:
    76kg
    Current Weight:
    66.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    64kg
    Lost(%):
    9.7kg(12.77%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Dukan (Stabilized)
    Thai do lots of soups. You ladle your soup and have a bowl of rice separately (I'm trying to remember last time I went out for Thai!). Avoid any with coconut milk - as been said before, but I recall plenty of clear ones.

Just perusing my local takeaway menu: less soups, but this one has a large section of Main dish 'Thai Salads', but the ones starting in 'SOM' all seem to be made up with palm sugar and fish sauce, the others look better.

And of course they do FISH, if you can find some that's steamed not fried, and not in a curry...

Unless you choose an explicitly rice or noodle dish (like Pad Thai), the rice should always be served separately, hopefully in a big bowl for everyone ;)

Good luck and enjoy your night out!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.