Thai Food

dukanette

Morning ladies. I've got a dinner on Tuesday at a Thai restaurant. I need menu suggestions!

:candledinner:

My two requirements are (a) it has to be Dukan friendly, and (b) it needs to be something that won't raise any eyebrows (I haven't told anyone that I am doing Dukan - because we'd invariably get into a "you don't need to lose weight" or a "low carb diets are evil" conversation - neither of which are helpful).

All I can think of at the moment is a green or red curry without any rice - or maybe something fish-based. Do you think that would work? Any Thai fans out there?

have you got a menu hon or is there one online? Im just looking at a general menu now....fish or chicken or beef. but the currys have coconut milk in which is a no no. omg thats a hard one at Thai restaurants and i love em!

what the place called?

Thai do lots of soups. You ladle your soup and have a bowl of rice separately (I'm trying to remember last time I went out for Thai!). Avoid any with coconut milk - as been said before, but I recall plenty of clear ones.

Just perusing my local takeaway menu: less soups, but this one has a large section of Main dish 'Thai Salads', but the ones starting in 'SOM' all seem to be made up with palm sugar and fish sauce, the others look better.

And of course they do FISH, if you can find some that's steamed not fried, and not in a curry...

Unless you choose an explicitly rice or noodle dish (like Pad Thai), the rice should always be served separately, hopefully in a big bowl for everyone ;)

Good luck and enjoy your night out!!

Back