Thailand bulge battle commences!!!

charl_young

Gold Member
Hi everyone!! I've been hanging around your threads a little bit and looking for tips and advice. I taking the big plunge to vlcd after 5 months doing slimming world. I've lost 1st2lbs but thought I'd have plenty of time to get to target but I lose weight slowly, so now it's time for something a bit more drastic.

I'm going to Thailand in 5 weeks. 22nd aug, so plan on attempting slim and save for 4 weeks, I absolutely love food so am really anxious.. I have a good diet it's not like I eat crap I eat very healthy food and cal count also, but just want to go on holiday feeling confident for the first time ever!

I have twin boys who are 5, and my bf lives with us so I'll still need to cook normal food for them, which is going to be quite trying.

Soo, I have my taster pack, and am going out tomorrow night so starting Sunday. Depending on my losses I might just do 3 weeks then gradually build cals up over the last 1.5 weeks so hopefully I don't gain too much back using SW red days so limiting my carbs still.

Does anyone have any advice or tips? And what I can expect, or ways to get through the hunger which I'm really worried about! Or how does everyone eat the meals? Mainly Meal or shake based plan? And how do you mix the veg in, or ideas for the protein meal maybe. Also does it make exercising quite hard? I'm worried I'll have no energy then want to eat again. Ah god so many questions!

4 weeks isn't that long so I keep thinking I can do it but I'm scared!

Thanks. Looking forward to getting to know you all xxx

So I've officially begun! Feeling absolutely horrific and can't even remember what I was even doing last night. Seems like a good way to begin. Just had a lemon bar and I'm trying super hard not to be sick! Not because it's horrid just because I drank my own weight in gin and vodka until 6am! Eeeesh!

Here goes, kinda excited, kinda nervous. 4 weeks and 3 days until holiday and 4 weeks until I eat a normal meal, wonder what I'm going to look like when I get there!

Good luck everyone xxx

Welcome hunny

You are brave starting with a hangover!! Don't think I could!

See how you go!

The time will fly by hun. I'm 11 weeks in with 10 weeks to go!

Good luck Xx

The best tip of the lot is to drink at least 3 litres of water every day, ( especially after a night on the town), they say the more you drink (water), the more you Shrink! Get yourself some Coke Zero too, it's allowed. You're allowed 200g of certain veg, so stock up on green peppers, green chillies, cauliflowers & brocolli for example and pour your meal over them. You're also allowed 100g of protein, so chicken/turkey breasts, eggs, tuna etc, and away you go! Simples :D

So I've already failed. Bf is making me food as I really feel horrific. Hadn't actually eaten since lunch yesterday so I'll start properly tomorrow, as I actually do feel pretty bad so maybe dropping my cals down today is silly as I'm already feeling like a corpse!

I'm a water fiend I already drink about 3 litres a day at least so I should be good there. I might to a half day to wean myself onto the plan. So bar, meal, shake today then full steam ahead tomorrow.

I'm pretty excited now, which is good. I'm thinking prawns and stir fry veg for my meal as 100g prawns feels more generous than 100g of chicken for some reason! X

Good thinking! Give yourself a chance to get over last night. Lucky lassie to have BF who's prepared to cook on a Sunday :D

Haha! He's the lucky one to have netted meee! Ha! I'm joking, yes he's a star! Looking forward to starting tomorrow now :) quite excited!

Bf has woken me up too early and I'm absolutely famished! So here goes day 1! Just made my first shake, chocolate, typical me going for the choc straight away!

So day plan...
7:30am choc shake, tea w/milk (450ml water and ice)
10:30am half chocolate coconut bar, tea w/milk and 1ltr water
11:30 another 500mls water
1pm spicy spaghetti, added 25g of mushrooms, 15g lettuce leaves. 500mls water, cup of tea
2pm another 500mls of water
2:45pm 500mls coke Zero
4:22pm 500mls water
5pm 500mls water
5:30pm roast chicken with 160g salad (spring onion, cucumber, lettuce, olives) half choc coconut bar, cup of coffee
6pm 500ml water
6:50 green tea with mint
8:30 green tea with mint
9:45 green tea with mint.
Bedtime another 500mls water

Bf is pretty unimpressed with this diet he thinks I look good how I am, but it's how you feel about yourself isn't it.

Are you supposed to drink the shake slowly? I drank it really fast as I was so hungry. Def feel quite full from it, not sure how long that'll last tho!

Last edited:
I try to fill up on water till 12pm.. Have my lunch then.. Shake at 3pm, pack at 6pm, last shake at 9pm then bed! It's worth being starving in the morning for me to know I WON'T be hungry after 12pm.

See how your first day goes you may be ok. Other idea is to weigh your shake into 2 portions.. One at 9am then the other at 12pm.xxxx

Hmm I need to eat when I get up. I've been doin SW since feb and I've noticed the days I don't eat until 1/2 for whatever reason I then can't stop eating at all, and by nighttime I've used about 3 days worth of syns as its always sugar I crave. And bread, I think my metabolism definitely works better when I eat more regularly as I don't snack at all when I have a proper breakfast.

Don't feel hungry at all yet, a little sick if anything. But it's only 11! Maybe if I'm really positive it'll help, I'm just trying to tell myself how can I be hungry as I've eaten so it's ok!

Thank you for the tip, love the milk allowance so I can still have tea. I'm addicted to green tea with lemon am I allowed that still?? Xx

Last edited:
Welcome Charl my advice is keep active and distracted good luck for 1st week.
Sorry to say citric not allowed as it will knock you out of ketosis (fat burning)
So only green tea I'm afraid.You can have peppermint tea though which is refreshing x x

Ok cool! There's loads of little questions I have but don't really know the answers to! The kids are off so that in itself is a good distraction. Actually going to do an online shop for everyone else so I don't have to go to the supermarkets and won't be tempted by things. Thanks for the advice :) xx

Just green tea is fine hunny. I would say having plenty of little veg to snack on helps, water, coke zero... take it hour by hour and it will fly by :)

xxx

Struggling a bit actually, all im thinking about is food which is stupid, I was kinda gutted when I made the spicy spag and saw how small the portion was. I have 160g of veg left to have so thinking a salad of that weight would be quite big, so maybe I'll feel satisfied after that, and I might have the other half of my bar as a kind of pudding.

Phew today is going to be a long day I think, think I'll go do a big house tidy to distract myself. Is it normal to feel a bit angsty?? I'm being quite snappy with my kids, unless it's just pmt.. Who knows! Xx

You will be amazed how filling the spag is, have it over veg it will fill you right up. Have some veggies to nibble on, make a nice long drink. Keep busy hun, dont think the weather helps, its so darn hot. you will get there xxx

How do you do the plan? Do you have 4 packs a day and spread your veg over the meals? Maybe it would be better doing it that way.. I knew the first 3 days were going to be difficult and I'm just being stupid as its 3:10 already so the day is ok and I'm not starving or anything, just have the urge to eat. Thank u for the advice! Tomorrow will be cool as gettin some kale so just going to have stir fry veg with chicken and crispy kale as I love it. Xx

I tend to do what I want each say, some days 4 other days 3 n protein.

I'll take to work a variety of package then can decide later.

Sometimes Il have a salad during the day then or stir fry some veg n eat that for a snack. Other days will have no veg

When starting out I would way have veg, have your milk, have coke zero or Dr pepper zero. All helps, you will find a routine that works for you in time

I'm 11 weeks in so I tend to just go with it, I normally eat very little between 8-5 then have packs in the evenin. See what works for you

Xx

RebekahR said:
I tend to do what I want each say, some days 4 other days 3 n protein.

I'll take to work a variety of package then can decide later.

Sometimes Il have a salad during the day then or stir fry some veg n eat that for a snack. Other days will have no veg

When starting out I would way have veg, have your milk, have coke zero or Dr pepper zero. All helps, you will find a routine that works for you in time

I'm 11 weeks in so I tend to just go with it, I normally eat very little between 8-5 then have packs in the evenin. See what works for you

Xx

I can only fit in 3 weeks now before holiday as I'll do the proper refeed so I don't gain too much. I'm really hoping for 1.5stone in 3 weeks with a little gain. Wish I had time for 4 but never mind! Who knows I could lose a crazy amount my first week and feel great! Thank you for the advice, it's all really helpful as this kind of diet is totally new to me. Xx

Bananas said:
Hi good luck with your weightloss journey :)

Thailand is amazing and its quite easy to eat healthily there with all the fresh fruit and veg. Unless you plan on undoing it all with the buckets ;)

Ah thank you!! That's what I'm thinking, loads of salad and veg and fruit with fish and stuff for the first week, try not to eat too many carbs, then the 2nd I can be a bit more relaxed. Going to stick to SW principles again and cal count once my 4 weeks of s&s is up. I'm pretty sure I'll go a bit mad on the buckets tho, ESP at the full moon party, but don't want to drink too much unless I'm out clubbing as its more of a relaxation holiday than a crazy one! Xx

Back