Thank you ... and good night !

The chips can wait!

Another eventful day here (again), after spending the morning in hospital my daughter was discharged. Sped round to my office (5 mins away from the hospital) with my daughter in tow for a meeting I didn't want to miss!

Took her home at about 1ish to realise that I had no bread or milk or anything else for that matter in the house (god I am so undomesticated sometimes) so asked her if she fancied chips and cheese for lunch. I could have bit my tongue off as soon as I said it but couldn't very well renege on it could I?

I made her promise that she would eat them and then throw anything left over in the bin and I went upstairs.

I come down about 20 mins later and of course the left overs weren't in the bin but sat there screaming at me and they were all the crispy little ones too! OMG I nearly had heart failure over it I just stood and drooled literally. I picked one up and put it semi in my mouth before running to the bin and spitting it all out and put the rest in the bin. It was a new bin bag in there and I must have opened the lid to the bin at least six times before I took the washing up liquid and squirted them all!

The chips can wait, I have a stone and a half to lose by bonfire night!

Today was a great day for compliments. A chap came round today who comes round periodically and hasn't seen me for a good while. He kept sitting there saying "bloody hell you look just great" - to the point where it got embarassing (very embarassing - once or twice is compliments any more than that and it gets a bit creepy iykwim??).

Also my neighbour from opposite called me to her today to say she thought I had moved out and my husband had a new girlfriend - she said she had kept looking at me and wondering who I was but it had only just dawned on her it is me! She was being serious as well!!!

And a girl in the playground today told me I looked as if I had lost a stone overnight. I think it is because I had contacts in and had pulled my hairback with the sunglasses perched on top of my head. It all helps the ego though lol!

I don't think I have managed four litres today - that is my only downside - I had about half a litre in the hospital, then into the meeting and some how I have struggled getting back on top of it.

But another good day dietwise and I am going to go make myself a black decaff to finish off the day and go to bed before I do go and blow it!

Well done you - what a day for compliments - sounds fantastic!!!

Bet you looked like a film star with your hair pulled back and sunglasses on!!!!

Well done on resisting the chips!!!!!

Really, really proud of you - you are flying now. That stone and a half has no chance - it's going be coming off whether it likes it or not! :D

Thank you lol! I wouldn't quite say I look like a film star but I definately felt better that is for sure.

Just going to go do my morning exercises then get into work.

Catch you later.

Sounds like a manic few days hun. Well done on abstaining especially with the left over chips :)

Hope your daughter feeling better.

Kitty x

Thanks Kitty, daughter is fine, she is back at school today and I have managed 100% abstinence all week now although weekends are usually where I fall down so fingers crossed I can stay strong all weekend - I just need to keep busy lol!

Whooph. What a few days. Well done on that huge discipline- when amid all the chaos you still thought about diet things and got your packs sorted, then resisted the evil chips that were calling to you! The compliments sound great- I love hearing about how people react to other people's transformations!

Whooph. What a few days. Well done on that huge discipline- when amid all the chaos you still thought about diet things and got your packs sorted, then resisted the evil chips that were calling to you! The compliments sound great- I love hearing about how people react to other people's transformations!

Do you know - my life is full of chaos, if I gave in every time there was a disruption I would still be 15stone 10lbs!!

Thanks for your support.

I gave myself a fright this morning!

OK I know I am going round the bend now but I didn't half give myself a fright this morning.

I was in my daughters room drawing her curtains and I caught sight in her full length mirror that is hung quite low down for her a set of legs and tummy.

I jumped sky high thinking someone else was in the room with me - until I realised that set of legs and tummy were mine.

They look so very different to MY legs.

Absolutely bizarre but it left me giggling like crazy.

OK I know I am going round the bend now but I didn't half give myself a fright this morning.

I was in my daughters room drawing her curtains and I caught sight in her full length mirror that is hung quite low down for her a set of legs and tummy.

I jumped sky high thinking someone else was in the room with me - until I realised that set of legs and tummy were mine.

They look so very different to MY legs.

Absolutely bizarre but it left me giggling like crazy.

lol...........:D you made me laugh! Well done though it must be working if you dont reconise yourself!!!!
Your
you'll be jumping all over the place really soon when your at target
xxc

Can you post me one of those mirror's you have in your daughter's room. I had a similar experience. It is really bizarre looking at yourself so different but yet I feel exactly the same as I did 14 weeks ago (obviously without the bloatiness).

Sorry to hear about the last week with your daughter, forgive me if I haven't enquired how she is until now but as I mentioned on phone, I couldn't find your thread until now. How is she, hopefully on the mend, you can't take risks like that can you but it takes so much of your time, and it couldn't have helped your abstinence but you did it girl didn't you.

My god, if you can climb to top of MEN Arena stairs and buy a bag of candy floss and not even have a bit, your on your way to success girl.

Thanks for the offer of the extra pack N. I'll settle up with you next Thursday and email you with my address.

Have a lovely weekend and lets hope there are no more catastrophe's.

Thanks C. I feel completely the same as I did at the beginning the vast majority of the time which is why when you get these funny sideways glimpses of yourself when you aren't thinking about it that you have to do a double take.

Don't be daft about settling up with me!!! Huge tuts!

My daughter is fine now, back at school today and excited to be back.

We will be packing stock this weekend for the BIG order! Don't suppose your daugther wants to earn some extra money do they??? If so call me and I will fill you in.

N

Hi Flopster,

That was a good surprise finding yourself in the mirror like that and thinking it was someone else!

I have to take a second look sometimes as well, it is very strange.

God, you poor thing it was hectic for you with your daughter, so glad she is fine, very scary.

You have done well and it goes to show that we don't always have to turn to food when we are under stress and this is something we have to remind ourselves off that eating solves nothing but can add more pressure in the long run.

It does take awhile for a new habit to become part of us.

Have not got chatted up yet by anyone apart from husband:rolleyes: :(

Must lose more weight, must lose more weight...:p

Love Mini xxx

Hi Flopster,

Have not got chatted up yet by anyone apart from husband:rolleyes: :(

LOL it will happen you'll see.

I know who I can't wait to see me like this but haven't managed to engineer a meeting yet and I doubt my husband or his wife would be overly impressed anyway!! Ho hum.

My mum (again)!!

My mother is unbelievable. I just popped round to see my mum and dad for five mins and the conversation went like this:

Dad: "you have lost a lot of weight you know".

Me: "yes I have lost just over 3 stone now".

Mum: "will you tell her it is enough now and that I am getting worried about her".

Me: "mother, I am still 2 1/2 stone overweight and a size 16".

Nope she wouldn't have it at all, she insists I should be in at least a 14 now (could be but as my 16s still fit and I am happy in them what difference does it make).

Mothers!!!

Hiya Flopster, what a mad week you are having!!!!!!!!!!

I havent had the chatted up bit yet but Ive had so many, "oooh dont go mad, you've never been so slim, maybe you should stop now"!!!

and the "oh have you had your hair done, you look different"

and "you look well on it, but dont make yourself ill"!!!

I know they mean well but for goodness sake Im 12s 12lbs not posh spice!!!!!!

So chuffed about the chips, you did amazingly well, especially after the stress!

Well done on a great week x

Hiya Flopster, what a mad week you are having!!!!!!!!!!

I havent had the chatted up bit yet but Ive had so many, "oooh dont go mad, you've never been so slim, maybe you should stop now"!!!

and the "oh have you had your hair done, you look different"

and "you look well on it, but dont make yourself ill"!!!

I know they mean well but for goodness sake Im 12s 12lbs not posh spice!!!!!!

So chuffed about the chips, you did amazingly well, especially after the stress!

Well done on a great week x

Hiya Vicky

Every day seems to be a mad day or a stressful day here, I just don't seem to do "normal"!

I have had all of those comments and more besides, people are so funny!

Good luck for your WI tomorrow.

Thanks hun, Bonfire night here we come x

Other people's reactions!

It seems to be the week for "other people's reactions".

Yesterday the kids teacher told me she didn't recognise me and wondered who was talking to her which was rather funny.

A few weeks ago I wrote a post on here about the other mums at swimming and their negative reaction. Well I haven't been for a few weeks because I was away in Germany and last week was the Jewish holidays.

Their reactions today were brilliant, they all came up and congratulated me on my weight loss and each one said I looked as if I was disappearing (but not in a negative way).

I also saw one of my oldest friends today whom I haven't seen in a while and she quite literally did a double take, it was really funny.

I have to say I looked and felt great. I was wearing a black jumper that my brother got me years ago in a size medium that I couldn't even get my shoulders in. I had completely forgotten I had it stuffed at the back of my wardrobe.

I was also wearing a pair of size 16 petite jeans from Next someone had given me. They are now quite baggy on the leg and bum but still fit on the waist. On my feet I had a pair of highish heeled ankle boots that I got a couple of weeks ago from next.

I am now also only wearing contact lenses as my glasses look massive on my face.

I am now feeling much better about myself, it is great that people are REALLY noticing and all in all I am feeling highly motivated.

All this despite finding the weekend difficult and wanted to nibble. I haven't but I feel as if I want to but I am enjoying people's reactions too much and I am on my final push as I have decided that come what may I am going to go into Management after the bonfire challenge.

I have decided that is a good time to do it as I should hopefully be 10stone something by then, maybe as little as 10stone 7lbs which is what I am aiming for (but probably unrealistically).

The main reason however is that I will be well into management by the time Christmas and the Christmas parties come round and will hopefully be able to control what goes into my mouth after about 6 weeks of management rather than it all being fresh and new.

Besides I always said that I wanted to be 10 stone something and in a size 14. That is good enough for me!

((hugs)) you are doing so well! And getting chatted up too!
cheeky girl about the other 'hubby' you'd like to meet up with again! lol lol made me laugh! :D

You may review your goal once you get there, but facts are you have done your body no end of good by losing weight! and your confidence is along for the ride obviously as well! :D

Can't wait to follow you! ;)

Back