Thank you ... and good night !

HIYA!!!

Just caught up with your thread - How are you doing??

Had to laugh at the mirror incident - i got up to the loo at 5am the other morning adn although didnt frighten myself couldnt believe my waist was getting so small!!
It was nice as i havent really noticed myself getting smaller until now.

When is your next weigh in day -Is it Thursday?? I'm not getting on the scales now until Friday - hoping they are kind to both of us!!!

((hugs)) you are doing so well! And getting chatted up too!
cheeky girl about the other 'hubby' you'd like to meet up with again! lol lol made me laugh! :D

You may review your goal once you get there, but facts are you have done your body no end of good by losing weight! and your confidence is along for the ride obviously as well! :D

Can't wait to follow you! ;)

LOL I have never had a confidence problem that is for sure!! I want to be 10 stone something and then I am happy, I think I was about 12 stone when I got married which I took speed to get down to that size (from a dodgy doctor).

Thanks for replying.

HIYA!!!

Just caught up with your thread - How are you doing??

Had to laugh at the mirror incident - i got up to the loo at 5am the other morning adn although didnt frighten myself couldnt believe my waist was getting so small!!
It was nice as i havent really noticed myself getting smaller until now.

When is your next weigh in day -Is it Thursday?? I'm not getting on the scales now until Friday - hoping they are kind to both of us!!!

Did you have a good weekend away? I will go read your thread now.

Yes Thursday is weigh in day, I have done well so far although I did nibble on a bit of lamb before (well I only had a taste to make sure it tasted ok :rolleyes: ).

This is the trouble with Jewish festivals, everything revolves around food and lots and lots of it - even a fast!

Day 97, food, food and more food!

Bloomin' Jewish holidays are all about food, even though this one is a fast, it is still started with a four course lamb roast dinner and finishes with a three course fish dinner!

Today I have struggled, I have been bickering with my husband (there is a lot of stress through work) and that has broken down some of my resolve. Not massively just enough for me to shove a taste of lamb in my mouth but it has been a constant battle not to eat today.

Not helped by the fact that I have spent the whole day cooking said four course meal for the family and tomorrow I have a dozen people coming to my house to break the fast and need to cook all the salmon and everything.

I am trying to keep strong and focussed but it is not easy :mad:

On a positive note, I have done a lot of exercise today - a good 20 mins of toning this morning, followed by a very quick dash round Asda (twice because I kept forgetting to pick things up so ended up doing a stupid route round), then a long walk to the synagogue and back.

I don't know I just feel really down at the moment, I seem to be swinging from highs to lows constantly.

I love reading your thread - you are doing so well!! :cool:

LOL this was obviously posted whilst I was having a "this is so hard moment".

How are you DQ? You seem to be doing really well now?

So-so!! Would say I'm in control but the weight isn't shifting, so need to move into a 'higher' gear. Fortunately all 'do's' are over with so can concentrate. Am hoping some of your strength rubs off on me - even when you are finding it hard, you fight through it. You are doing great mate, hang onto it! xx

Agree completely with DQ - You are doing so great and always survive the horrible tough days - dont let the odd nibble worry you. You are on top of things and know what your goal is.

I did so so over the weekend but let myself down a bit last night. I had a nibble of my sons cheese and ham toastie that he had for supper - :( How stupid!!!! Anyway we gotta put the little slips aside and keep going.

Hope things are better between you and hubby now - dont let the stress get you down. :) Keep smiling honey and text me whenever you want. xx :)

Agree completely with DQ - You are doing so great and always survive the horrible tough days - dont let the odd nibble worry you. You are on top of things and know what your goal is.

I did so so over the weekend but let myself down a bit last night. I had a nibble of my sons cheese and ham toastie that he had for supper - :( How stupid!!!! Anyway we gotta put the little slips aside and keep going.

Hope things are better between you and hubby now - dont let the stress get you down. :) Keep smiling honey and text me whenever you want. xx :)

The stress at the moment is all consuming, today I should have been going to the synagogue to repent all my sins, lol, instead I am sat here waiting for my packaging agent to call me so I can go and meet her and sort out the mess and total destruction following Friday's bombshell and the thing that has been ongoing all weekend. To quote my husband "he is leaving it with me as he doesn't do stress". :mad: :eek:

So-so!! Would say I'm in control but the weight isn't shifting, so need to move into a 'higher' gear. Fortunately all 'do's' are over with so can concentrate. Am hoping some of your strength rubs off on me - even when you are finding it hard, you fight through it. You are doing great mate, hang onto it! xx

I am trying desparately hard DQ to move up a gear, every time I think I have got there I go and blow it by eating.

As I now have the house to myself for a while I am going to do some toning exercises and then start to seriously shift some water.

You are doing great, you just need to reprogramme your brain to tell yourself that - we can all see it reading your diary - a much lesser person would never have been able to combat all that lovely food and ate only a bit!!

Sins - surely you dont have any to repent of!! :) ;) :)

Hmm sounds like a typical bloke!! Useless when you need them most!! ;)

Hope things improve today :)

Probably my most honest post yet.

Well today didn't go as planned, far from being a fast day I have actually had a feast :rolleyes:

The day started off so well - at 2.30 this morning when we had yet another power cut which set off the alarm etc.

I had so much buzzing around my head I bearly slept.

Without going into too much detail on a public board, I had/have a major problem with packaging for our first order for a major major new customer - everything that could go wrong did - it failed at every step of the process.

I was on the phone to the packaging supplier at 8am who was on her way to the plate maker and then the printers before coming to see me (so much for getting to the synagogue today), so I got the kids ready and sent them off with my husband to the synagogue and then onto the inlaws as we normally do. Meanwhile I get a phone call from the supplier asking me to meet her at 12.30 at the local TGI as it is just off the motorway for a coffee.

So I went completely unprepared (normally I take foodpacks whereever I go) and she asked if I would join her in a salad. As relations were strained to say the least I decided to get a chicken salad which I picked at. After about six mouthfuls I was completely full and i know the chicken had I eaten all of it would have been about half a fillet because it was sliced so very thinly - it was off their lunch menu and there was nothing to it. I told them to bring it plain with no dressings - it should have been BBQ.

I know it is an excuse, I could have said no but I also wanted to "shmooz" this lady because she is the difference between me delivering on time with perfect packaging and not.

So there it is, not only did I eat, but I ate on the most religious day of the year - the fast day of atonment - I don't know what is crippling my conscience more, I feel desparately annoyed with myself for breaking that more than anything else - it is bad enough I was going to take my food packs but to sit down and have a meal and a meeting is something completley different.

Oh dear - sorry things went t*ts up.
At the end of the day what you have actually eaten isnt a major deal so forget about that and dont feel guilty. Chicken and salad is not the end of the world.
As for today being so special to you religiously - I dont really know much about it but can understand how guilty you feel. Say sorry and move on it's done now and over with. I'm sure in your religion the most important thing is how you are over a long period of time not just on one day?

Chin up - things will get better. Today has been crap but after a good nights sleep you'll feel better. :)

And it went from bad to worse!

Oh god, as if eating chicken wasn't enough I have just had a piece of salmon as well (to break the fast), yuk I feel stuffed and sick.

Absolutely bloody bummer.

Tomorrow back to abstinence with a vengance.

Pre LL if I had broken the diet I would have given up and put all the weight back on and more.

Now I can actually have a chuckle at myself an my resolve to continue holds fast.

It's not what you have done that counts but what you will go back to if you completely stop.

Eating delays your arrival but doesn't stop you getting there :)

Keep going Flopster because you know you can :D

Thanks COM, I am straight back on the wagon today, unfortunately though, I didn't get to bed til nearly 1am and then my daugther went walk abouts at 5.15am and I couldn't get back to sleep, I am just going to have a back coffee before and do some exercises going to wake them all up. It is going to be a very long day!!

What on earth were you doing up at 4am???

Hi Flopster

I really admire the determination you're showing in this.

I'm not Jewish - i'm actually Muslim (kind of). It's meant to be our month of fasting and I've chosen not to do it but to carry on with CD instead. My approach is that God cares and understands and I hope will help me through this time to lose the weight and that way I'll be around to do lots of years of fasting as opposed to being with him early due to obesity related illnesses. Even though I have binged once rather than being extra good as planned (always the way).

Hope that doesn't sound too insane- also that my Mum never finds this site or she'll be wondering where she went wrong :)

Thanks Soraya. I wondered how Muslim people were getting on with a whole month of fasting, that must be very difficult when VLCDing. I think your logic is actually spot on.

I had made a very rational decision to carry on with food packs but it went wrong when I ended up having lunch with my supplier. That was very naughty (and not just from a diet perspective). My mum would be livid if she found out and my husband would probably divorce me - they were less than impressed that I had to spend a couple of hours working yesterday as it was!

Next year ....

Good luck this month, let us know how you get on.

How you feeling today honey?

Hope you feel better and ther is some kind of light at the end of the tunnel work wise.
Take care xx

A very quick update to say that I am still here in the land of the living (sort of), I am very busy with work for the next week and may not be about much although I will try to keep up with what is going on.

I am back into abstinence but starving for some reason. Ketostix is showing pink so it can't be that but I could eat a scabby horse today. I may resort to an extra pack later.

Talking of packs, time for another before we start working again for the evening so signing off.

Keep at it flopster - i need somone to keep me on track :)

Back