Thank you ... and good night !

Thanks Vicky, you are damn right you do give good advice and of course I would have stuffed myself today and I didn't. I have just had a few poor weeks but I knew they were going to be bad weeks because of being away and now the Jewish new year, it is just so difficult to keep on track when the chatterbox is doing such a good job.

I survived the new year weekend - and actually did very well on it!

I tried a different strategy today. We got back from the synagogue and I had a soup, I then sat down at the table, had a taste of chopped liver and a slice of turkey and a slice of brisket (both very small). I cut them up and ate them very slowly. I didn't have any veg as I wasn't sure that I could have the green beans and the smell of broccoli and cauliflower makes me puke! I by passed everything else - including noodles and roast potatoes. I also avoided the challah bread today (major achievement), the sticky toffee and chocolate fudge puddings, the cherry pie and the honey cake!!

I felt completely stuffed after my bit of turkey as well.

I have drunk tonnes of water again all day long and am back into ketosis (just done a stick).

Tonight we went to the inlaws for tea and I had the best excuse ever not to eat (I hate eating there, it always makes me gag blugh!).

So the weekend passed without any major disasters, yes I ate but it was very controlled and apart from the half a slice of bread yesterday I managed to avoid all carbs.

I'm not expecting a major loss this week - I will be happy with a lb or 2 so long as I show a loss of some sort.

:)
I am actually feeling very proud of myself.

Massive well done to you, im so proud for you x x x x

Really proud of you!! You have done so well to have been so strong!!

Happy new year and a happy new you!!

Oohh Vicky, You've got my mouth watering with the description of the food. I used to live in Manchester and my best mate's mum was a fab cook.

When I moved to London I used to go to the place on Baker street where the food was almost as good. They were a nice bunch even though I'm obviously not Jewish and it took them a while to figure out that I'm Indian.

Nowhere in Aberdeen - probably just as well!

Leshana tova tikateivi vetichatemi

HI

How you doing today? How you feeling about weigh day tonight? is this your last one before development (hope thats right - not sure about LL terms. :) )

Hubby is home and i'm bck on track. Felt a bit down about the weight gain thing this morning but know if i eat it'll be 'real' weight not just water that i'll be putting on.

Had a decent weekend but have the week of hell ahead of me!! My in laws are coming to stay while me and hubby go away and to say my MIL is clean obsessed is an understatement. I never feel like my house is tidy enough so am spending the week cleaning my house from top to bottom. Not sure why i'm putting all the effort in though as she'll re-do it while i'm away. Ah well, gotta love her. ;)

HI

How you doing today? How you feeling about weigh day tonight? is this your last one before development (hope thats right - not sure about LL terms. :) )

Hubby is home and i'm bck on track. Felt a bit down about the weight gain thing this morning but know if i eat it'll be 'real' weight not just water that i'll be putting on.

Had a decent weekend but have the week of hell ahead of me!! My in laws are coming to stay while me and hubby go away and to say my MIL is clean obsessed is an understatement. I never feel like my house is tidy enough so am spending the week cleaning my house from top to bottom. Not sure why i'm putting all the effort in though as she'll re-do it while i'm away. Ah well, gotta love her. ;)

Mother in laws - just don't set me off lol! I am doing fine today, I am about to update my blog so you can read all about it. I am definately having a major bout of insomnia though, too many thoughts buzzing around my head lol!

Just read your diary, glad you are doing well today, now you stay strong as I need your help to lose a stone and a half by bonfire day!!

Oohh Vicky, You've got my mouth watering with the description of the food. I used to live in Manchester and my best mate's mum was a fab cook.

When I moved to London I used to go to the place on Baker street where the food was almost as good. They were a nice bunch even though I'm obviously not Jewish and it took them a while to figure out that I'm Indian.

Nowhere in Aberdeen - probably just as well!

Leshana tova tikateivi vetichatemi

Many thanks! You can always flit down to Glasgow, there are some fab kosher shops there ;)

As one chapter closes ...

Well tonight was the last night of the Foundation stage of the programme, even though by my calculations I still have another 8 or 9 days to go. It was sad in some ways as we have become quite a tight knit group, but, in another way it is very exciting and very awe-inspiring because oh my god we did the 100 days (or very nearly).

I have been doing a lot of thinking about where to go next and I am going to set myself the challenge of loosing a stone and a half before bonfire night. That will take me more or less to 10 and a half stone, which is still a stone over my "normal BMI" but I just can't see myself at all at 9 1/2 stone and think that I will be at my ideal weight then but am prepared to take another judgement then to see if I want to lose any more weight.

So how the heck do I up my ante to shift this stone and a half by bonfire night? I am going to go all out on the water and exercise. I haven't exercised in ages and ages and ages but it really is time now to get my metabolism working again, so lets see if I can make a real last ditch effort to get to where I want by bonfire night, that would just be amazing!

We were given our after photos today, unfortunately our LLC's computer crashed and she lost all our before pictures.

I lost 2lbs tonight which I am actually delighted with, strange as that may sound - especially given that this was the week that I could have totally blown it.

Now I have got all this off my chest I wonder if I can actually fall asleep now? Been to bed once but all this has been buzzing around my mind!!

Water and exercise definately!!!! Well done on the 2lbs!!

I want to lose exactly the same as you so lets do it together!! We can get to 10 1/2 stone by bonfire night!!!

Hope your day has gone well today. Can you pm me your blog addy again? have deleted all my pms by mistake. doh!!!!

You have mail!

Oh and you are on for the challenge, lets stay determined and focussed (oh and no nibbling!!)

You have mail too. :)

Definately NO nibbling. Am so determined to lose the last of this weight now. No more messing just ssing all the way until bonfire night. Gonna buy the biggest rocket i can find to celebrate too. :)

No messing at all yesterday, loads and loads of water and I exercised before I went to bed too!

I am going to do another set this morning.

On my scales first thing I was fluctuating between 11st 13 and 12.0 so I think I am probably having an early morning weight of 11st 13.5lbs which would be amazing if it is true. Trouble is that my end of day weight is always at least 4lbs heavier than that but I know that I am on my way down so that is all that counts (it just takes a couple of days to catch up).

Thanks Libbie, I really want to get off abstinence and back onto food and if I am going to do it any time soon I need to stop cacking around and pull my finger out.

I just need to carry this feeling through with me now!

WOOHOOO. In the 11s. I know it's not official but heck, that should keep you motivated. :)

Pleased you had a good day - and you exercised - flipping heck you are serious about doing this! ;)

Expecting the same from you today. :)

Oh and YOU HAVE MAIL :D

Hi Flopster

JUST THOUGHT I WOULD REMIND YOU TO LOOK THAT IVE MANAGED TO SUSS UPLOADING SOME PICTURES ONTO THE MINIMINS PHOTO GALLERY. IT'S TAKEN ME FOUR BLOODY HOURS TO DO THIS BUT FINALLY IT'S WORKED. IT'S A SHAME LLC PC'S GOT A VIRUS AND HASN'T GOT OUR BEFORE PICTURES BUT HEY ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD IS IT?

WOOHOOO. In the 11s. I know it's not official but heck, that should keep you motivated. :)

Pleased you had a good day - and you exercised - flipping heck you are serious about doing this! ;)

Expecting the same from you today. :)

Oh and YOU HAVE MAIL :D

Finally replied to you and yes I did exercise yesterday and I am just going to do a set now too before I hit the sack!

Hi Flopster

JUST THOUGHT I WOULD REMIND YOU TO LOOK THAT IVE MANAGED TO SUSS UPLOADING SOME PICTURES ONTO THE MINIMINS PHOTO GALLERY. IT'S TAKEN ME FOUR BLOODY HOURS TO DO THIS BUT FINALLY IT'S WORKED. IT'S A SHAME LLC PC'S GOT A VIRUS AND HASN'T GOT OUR BEFORE PICTURES BUT HEY ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD IS IT?

I will go look but also know you have sent me an email. I haven't been here since first thing this morning (full update just above), will email you when I get chance tomorrow!

OMG What a Day!!

What a blinkin' day. Last night when I put my eldest daughter to bed she was complaining of a headache and her eye had glided right in the corner. She got up this morning and was still complaining of a headache and was very weepy - not like her at all.

So, I kept her off school and took her to the doctors, two doctors saw her and suspected meningitis because she had a couple of spots as well that weren't blanching (rash type spots).

So off to hospital via home to pick up a bar a couple of packs, a spoon and a bowl - oh yes and a two litre bottle of water as well lol! Get my priorities right!

We waited in A&E from 10.15am and were finally moved to a ward at 4.15 after a very very traumatic time because they insisted on taking bloods and my daughter is positively phobic about needles.

Anyway to cut a long story short, we saw a consultant on the ward whom I have known for a long time and after thoroughly checking her through he allowed us home on the proviso we went back immediately if her temperature peaked or if her headache worstened and that we are back there for 9am at the latest tomorrow to be checked out.

I whizzed home at 5.45pm to pick up my youngest daughter to take her to see Disney on Ice - her promised "one on one" time and got home about 20 mins ago (10.15pm!!).

I am knackered, I only managed two litres of water and I had three and a half packs (my daughter had over half my bar which leaves me with a dilema - do I eat another half pack which is where I am edging or do I forget it? My inclination is to make some crisps and have a few as my tummy is rumbling!!)

Today's noticable achievements:

• I got chatted up by the male receptionist at the hospital!!!
  • I managed to abstain all day.
  • I bought a great big bag of candy floss and didn't even have a taste or lick my fingers!!
  • I managed to climb up and down the steep stairs at the MEN arena without feeling as if I was going to topple and without losing my breath.
  • I fit so much better into the seats at the arena, it was an amazing different, I was so uncomfortable last year!
  • The stress and upset didn't push me into eating.
Right I think I will go make those crisps and have a savory drink and then do a few minutes of exercise for good measure.

Night all.

i think you did extremely well and i admire you, what a day, i do hpe your daughter is ok, and well done on sticking to the diet in all that adversity

Back