Thanks

bubbs67

Banned
Just want to thank. Starlight,Bordersgirl,Rebekah,Lordlulu, and Munchbunch for the encouragement to start this on Thursday. Don't mean to keep on but thanks. Coz I was gonna chuck it all away. And go on a long dreary road on WW. Which hopefully I won't have to do now. Well there's no hopefully about it. I need to think positive. Love how this diet will be so flexible. Just wanna get on with it now. Roll on Thursday. All the inspirational pics will keep me going. Plus my cigs. I can give up smoking laterz. Or at least cut down when my ecig arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Don't worry about it , that's what we are here for !!

Good luck with starting Thursday will keep an eye out for you :)

Ditto :) these girlies have been ace support to me so far :)

Set up a journal so you can keep us posted xx

Thanks Jamsi and Rebekah. Don't think I've the guts to set up a journal Rebekah
Would make a complete idiot of myself if I fail. Thanks Munchbunch x

Got to give up smoking!!!

I all I've got to give up smoking. My chest infection is not clearing up at all. The trouble with an electronic cigarette is u get the nicotine but not all the other chemicals you get addicted to. So I've noticed that my meal packs will last to 2013. I've just googled my symptoms and it looks like I have emphysema or not far off. I'm breathless all the time and can't walk. There's no way I can give up smoking and do VLCD at the same time. Going to my GP on Friday so thanks for all advice. But there's a girl on here who's doing this with an Ecig and was wondering how she's coping. She said she would look out for me. Never mind I will give up dirty stinking habit first then come back to this. Not gonna do WW either. Coz when I give up smoking I eat too much. I don't care about weight at the moment. Want to be able to walk again. If I walk to the corner shop I'm breathless. On inhalers etc
but not working on me. So see you all in a few months. I know I'm doing the right thing for myself by giving up smoking first. So thanks everyone!' :) :) :)

bubbs67 said:
Thanks Jamsi and Rebekah. Don't think I've the guts to set up a journal Rebekah
Would make a complete idiot of myself if I fail. Thanks Munchbunch x

If you start a diary then all your posts could stay together in one place, rather than starting a new thread each time :) people could follow your journey and give you support that way. It's good for Venting too, as well as shouting about your weight losses each week :) I love mine-it's been a lifeline :)

Welshtigger said:
If you start a diary then all your posts could stay together in one place, rather than starting a new thread each time :) people could follow your journey and give you support that way. It's good for Venting too, as well as shouting about your weight losses each week :) I love mine-it's been a lifeline :)

Thanks but gonna have to give up smoking first. So my packs last til 2013 and will start in a few months I think I will be ready by then. Even 2 months. My poor chest just can't handle anymore fags. Antibiotics and steroids haven't worked. :(

bubbs67 said:
Thanks but gonna have to give up smoking first. So my packs last til 2013 and will start in a few months I think I will be ready by then. Even 2 months. My poor chest just can't handle anymore fags. Antibiotics and steroids haven't worked. :(

Well when your better , give it a whirl deffo start a diary I go back to when I ate naughty stuff and read how I felt !! I read other peoples diarys too see how far they have come

Reminds me not to do it again & how much I want it

Might be wise as giving up smoking first as doing it after may result in weight gain and you will be undoing all your hard work!!

I blame giving up smoking for my weight gain (I gave up twice!) First time I got addicted to mince pies and was going through a box a day. Then I started smoking again because I didn't like getting fat and thought that smoking was a way of controlling my weight (BIG MISTAKE!)
Second and last time I gave up I just shoved everything in my mouth. I am smoke free for a couple years now and that is why I can sort out my fatness because I know I definitely won't be turning back to cigs for "help".

I would suggest talking to your Doctor about giving the tablets "Champix" a try they make giving up smoking so much easier.

Good luck with everything, I hope it all works out for you :)

I would recommend Champix as well, have a word with your GP.

They are tablets that you take to help manage the mental cravings for cigarettes, although they are not a magic pill, you will still need willpower.

Thanks both. My GP won't let me have Champix coz I'm a depression sufferer. But I'm seeing him on Friday coz I still get depressed giving up smoking anyway lol. But then there are ppl who do get very depressed taking Champix that have never suffered with it at all. I'm gonna quit with patches and lozenges. I always thought u didnt need willpower with Champix lol. I've been begging my GP for a long time for it and didn't think u still need willpower ummm surprised.

munchbunch said:
Well when your better , give it a whirl deffo start a diary I go back to when I ate naughty stuff and read how I felt !! I read other peoples diarys too see how far they have come

Reminds me not to do it again & how much I want it

Thanks munchbunch I will defo be back once I've got over the worst of the cravings. And yes I will start a diary too. Thanks honey. Yeah I can see how a diary must help. I will be back soon coz I'm 18 st already. :)

bubbs67 said:
Thanks munchbunch I will defo be back once I've got over the worst of the cravings. And yes I will start a diary too. Thanks honey. Yeah I can see how a diary must help. I will be back soon coz I'm 18 st already. :)

Take care mrs !!! Xxx

bubbs67 said:
Thanks miss you too. I can see ur goals. You've done well so keep it up. Be back soon I hope.

Awww thanks , I need to crack on honestly iv been mahoosive for so long I can't take it anymore ! Because im short makes it Worse !!
It's a good job I joke about it as if I didn't I'd cry ...... It's my way of dealing with it !!

Just pop on let us know how you are & when your ready to start you'll know .

munchbunch said:
Awww thanks , I need to crack on honestly iv been mahoosive for so long I can't take it anymore ! Because im short makes it Worse !!
It's a good job I joke about it as if I didn't I'd cry ...... It's my way of dealing with it !!

Just pop on let us know how you are & when your ready to start you'll know .

Yeah thanks munchbunch. I'm short and weigh 18t and a size 26/28 hell on earth what will I weigh by the time I give up smoking. I dread to think!!!

Bubbs you'll only put on weight when you quit if you eat more. People eat to take their mind off smoking, it's a conscious decision. Engage some willpower and you won't put anything on. Has your doctor diagnosed you with emphysema or is this just from looking at the Internet? From experience, self diagnosis is not good for the soul! I hope you find the strength and willpower to tackle the smoking and weight loss at the same time as I think once you have lost a little and cut down a little your health issues will really alleviate.

Saddlebag said:
Bubbs you'll only put on weight when you quit if you eat more. People eat to take their mind off smoking, it's a conscious decision. Engage some willpower and you won't put anything on. Has your doctor diagnosed you with emphysema or is this just from looking at the Internet? From experience, self diagnosis is not good for the soul! I hope you find the strength and willpower to tackle the smoking and weight loss at the same time as I think once you have lost a little and cut down a little your health issues will really alleviate.

Hi saddlebags. Well COPD/Asthma. Don't even know what COPD is and never had an asthma attack in my life. Just googled it though and it says bronchitis and emphysema. Wished he had explained that to me at the time. I do get very breathless. But saw the asthma nurse and she said onset of COPD so not full blown COPD. I don't know lol. I hope it clears up. Yeah I shall give up and get back on this ASAP!! I have an electronic cig being delivered. Get nicotine fix without all other harsh chemicals. My GP has given me the go ahead for a VLCD diet anyway before I had chest X-RAY CHEST X-ray was ok though. Thanks xxxx

You can do this hun honestly, i was 15st 8lb and a size 20/22 after having my baby this diet is the best thing ive ever done and its so worked for me! at first i mucked around and kept going back to SW which was great but too slow for me and i kept drinking all the time lol so i stayed at 14st 10lb for months! got on SnS reached day 2 and caved into pizza and vodka, i was so upset with myself, a few weeks later i thought....what am i doing just decide on a ****ing diet already! so i chose this and ive not looked back, ok ive had a few breaks and had a blow out this weekend (i blame the celebrations lol) it took me a few days of 80% sns to get back to 100% but im here now and back on day 4 re-start i have no need to binge or feel like binging, i get cravings sometimes but thats normal for all diets, trust me you can do this, i found going for a nap when i was in the first 3 days to keep the headaches at bay helped alot! 3 days just go by in a flash and you feel so full of energy and happy, im on anti-depressants too and feel so down when i dont take them but they havent effected my weight loss at all infact they helped me stop drinking lol, i know what you mean with the smoking, but this whole new new should inspire you to cut back or quit completely, not everyone puts on weight after smoking, thats not the case at all! like not everyone puts on weight taking the mini pill (i went from a 12 to an 8!) its all about willpower just like everything in life, its hard as hell when food is everywhere its not like illegal, and cigs are everywhere too lol, my OH quit using nicquitine lozengers, and chewing gum! good luck xxx

Back