The 100k step challenge!

I feel like such a slacker: Day 3 total 7,594!

Well I thought I'd done really well yesterday until I came on here!!

Thursday - 17,000
Total so far: 29,247

I had actually done 16,997 when I looked when I was in bed, so I got up and did three more to round it up :p Did so much as I walked to and from the city centre, which I have worked out to be just short of 2 miles each way.

Got a bit of time to stop and chat today! Been very busy at work recently :(

Rosie Lee, hope your finger is okay :( Did you end up going to A&E? Hope your daughter had a good birthday, sounds like you had a good meal :)

My foot is still sore :( I can walk around but got a bit of a limp. Thanks for the advice Minnie Mel - I was just wearing socks so I think it will be trainers from now on.

You're all doing so well, I am very jealous! I try to do as much as I can while at work, but because I'm stuck at a desk it's not much. On an evening I'm often tired, although my boyfriend has offered to go on walks with me :)

If you don't mind me asking, what do you all do for a living? You all seem to be much more active than me!!

Hey,

17k is definitely not too shabby!! I normally wouldnt have high counts but went out walking as it was a day off. I work in a childrens home so depending on the shift will depend on how much walking about i actually do. Its out of work, on days off that i do more :)

how on earth do u do so many?! ive got a theory u take tiny baby steps to bump up the total :D

you're all doing brilliantly :)

how on earth do u do so many?! ive got a theory u take tiny baby steps to bump up the total :D

you're all doing brilliantly :)
LOL i have an active job where im walking non-stop for 4 hrs this includes walking to n from work..take my pooch out couple times a day and do lots of general running around as do you peeps :D tbh i used to do alot more but im working myself slowly back into it :):):)

Well done everyone on today!

My total today is a 1/4 of yesterdays!! Not much running about at work so my days total is 6081

My total so far is 30304!

Where would I get a pedometer from?

I bought mine from Asda... cost about a fiver. I just have a basic one. You can get fancier ones from Argos or Amazon but mine does the job :)

My steps were very sad yesterday...
4,612 -- but I did not put my pedometer on until mid-day (I forgot). However, I doubt I missed many steps.

Will have a look next week when I'm there, thanks for the reply.

My steps were very sad yesterday...
4,612 -- but I did not put my pedometer on until mid-day (I forgot). However, I doubt I missed many steps.

Every step is a movement in the right direction :)

I agree every step is good. I think we are often too hard on ourselves and only view certain types of exercise as 'proper exercise' forgetting that anything that gets us moving is good.

It think you would be surprised at how many steps you take each day

For me today, i have done nothing but sit and write my essay. I have barely moved!! I am on nightshift in a couple of hours so may make up some steps then. I dont mind though. Ill make up some steps tomorrow when i go for a walk after my shift ends in the morning!

I was right... my total for today was a grand sum of 1322!! I'm not too upset by it. I am planning on going for a walk tomorrow to build my steps back up.

Total after day 3 - 31626

Back