The 14st Curse: Ellie's journey

Interresting reading Ellie. I have long thought that the frenzy over getting us all to a certain bmi, cholesterol number (however artificially) and putting us all into little boxes was a little obsessive to say the least. Healthy eating and exercise, keeping within sensible levels of everything is surely better for your health than obsessively persuing the impossible goal.

I would rather enjoy a healthy lifestyle and have weightloss as a by-product.

Good morning Ellie - have a great day x :)

Eeeek!

The universe has a strange way of working sometimes. Having just reached equilibrium with my mental state in regard to dieting, I just got accepted onto this weight loss trial. You get paid to lose weight basically and in a fit of madness I signed up to lose 20lb on it and maintain for another 9 months. Now I think losing a stone will probably be a good target for me to get to final goal..
But... I HAVE to lose 20lb now! No more fooling around!

Eeeee!

I was thinking of signing back up to the weightlossresources.co.uk thing. I remember until my head got stupid about whether it was the right number of calories, it worked. It was definitely good to have a concrete guide on how many calories is 'right' having exercised.

Eeeeeeeeep!

Good luck with the program Ellie and have a great day today x

*BANG* *SPLAT* *SQUISH!*

There go 3 squatters :D 3 of the little ******* gone this morning, :D

That's right - splat the little blighters x

Darn I was trying to find a smiley of 3 squatters lining up before a firing squad or something. Funny enough they didn't have one.
EDIT: This is the nearest:
:tomato::tomato::tomato:

Funnily enough although I was really shocked to start with about having to lose another 20lb.. a stone & a half! eek! Now I've got used to the idea I kinda feel like it's given me the kick up the backside I needed.

I'm feeling ready to get on with it - last saturday I was going on a 'well if I have to lose all this weight I may as well make the most of being able to have things I like before dieting'.. But I found I just wasn't enjoying pigging out. So in the end I didn't have much, just a bit of chocolate. I wanted to get started not faff around. And with it being a monthly weigh in, I sorta feel like 'ok I know I HAVE to lose 8lb this month (I think... It's 20lb over 12 weeks. So actually I guess it's less than 2lb a week??). So rather than cheat the system and try and be not-so-good sooner in the month and very good later, I want to 'get ahead' by losing as much now as I can. If I aim to lose 10lb each month I'll kick that 20lb target in the butt, pronto! Hm. Altho apparently if you lose more than the alloted amount you still get the same amount of reward. Anyway it's more for my own sake!

I just really really hope I can keep this mindset going.

Eeeee.

I'm scared about being able to do it. I'm also excited about losing 20lb! Getting to my ultimate goal! Nervous about whether I'll be able to cope with losing that weight, i.e. the whole being able to recognise yourself in the mirror thing. Cos actually I kinda like how I look now and lots of people say that I look good and wouldn't worry about losing any more weight. Still I guess it'd be nice to just smooth round the edges a bit. - shear off those extra wobbles and just have smooth sexy curves :D

Yes, of course you can do Ellie. If you really want it - go get it x

:D well I'm happy to report I've had a good week so far! Yay. Even if I blow it tomorrow, technically I'm still waaaaay under my calories for the week. So I'd have to eat about 4000cals to really blow it. :D
I just seem to have hit on a formula that keeps me satified but calories low. It's great!!
Fingers x-ed for a great friday weigh in!

Uh oh fell off the wagon yesterday and today. I just need something to break the cycle again and I'll be alright, need my head to click into gear again. Hopefully cycling tomorrow will do it.

Well I'm glad to report that I've turned it around :D and now back on track, under my calories for the week. (after a couple days of exercising and eating well). I just decided hey girl, I have a choice. Let this eating of junk keep on and put on weight. Or get back on track and lose weight again. No use in beating myself up over what I did, more use directing my energy towards making the right choices next time.
So I decided to do the latter. It's so weird though with sugary things like chocolate. As soon as I've had a bit I want loads. Well I dunno. I guess I can have like one chocolate bar. But those are easy cos they are preportioned and you can't just have a bit more, a bit more. My mistake thursday and friday was getting bigger packs and eating all of them - not all at once, but just by eating a bit, a bit more etc. ooooooooooops!
Anyway. I'm back on track. That's all that matters. Yay!

Oooh. Just a quickie. Yay! Got my first star! :D

I'd like to add to your rep but it keeps telling me to spread around with everyone I try to rep - how many do I have to spread?????? Congratulations on your star Ellie x

Thanks Gem! :D

Well I had another good day today. I had aerobics today, all was good. Feeling so much fitter yay! But still emerged really sweaty and yuck so obviously got a good workout too. Ooh and the instructor gives us some killer toning exercises to do as well. eeeeeeeek!

But I've eaten well. I made these yummy apple and cinnamon muffins. And it's the first time that I've been able to have a something that is a treat to eat, that I'm not tormented with temptation with. I don't get cravings that I want more and more and more of them. One is enough but they're well yummy. It's great! Maybe there's hope yet that I can have treats in the house and not binge! One step at a time eh.

Yay You on the work-out. The muffins sound great too x

SH1T!!!!! Oh Bl--dy hell! 4 squatters??????? From 5 excellent days, one fairly bad?

Ok I didn't have a great day yesterday. And I know it's TOTM. In the scheme of things I'm probably about 1000cal over my weekly 'lose 2lb a week' allowance. I jumped on the scale this morning. And I was back to BLoooooomin 14st1! I am SO BLOODY cross!

And knowing me this will be permanent weight gain too, it happened before I put on a ridiculous number of squatters and they stayed. I just DONT UNDERSTAND IT! HOW????? Cos even being 1000 over my calorie allowance for the week it should take me to a 1.5lb loss. NOT A bloody 4lb gain!!!!!

It's all just BULLSHIT!

excuse me for the rant. Sorry if my swearing has offended.

Back