The 14st Curse: Ellie's journey

Thought it was about time to update on here.

Well I had a STS last week. Partly I was a bit like booooo about it but then I think it was the cupcakes I made that did it. Shame on me. I just couldn't resist them.. Also I don't think they could've accounted for the difference between going from 3lb a week loss to nothing, so I think my body is just adjusting anyway.

So I'm going for a weight loss again this week. Yesterday according to the calorie estimates, I burned off 3,800 cals - that was 2hrs of cycling plus being on my feet all day. I was quite impressed at that. So I did have more calories yesterday - no more than 2000 so hopefully it'll be ok. I just feel guilty having 2000 cals! Today I had 1500. Both days it was mostly in the evening, I also feel like I can't have lost anything on both days as well, because it's normally when I go to bed really hungry each day that I end up with great weight losses. I feel guilty not going to bed starving if that makes sense, and I think I must've eaten too much! i.e. eaten maintenance not losing calories. Eugh. We'll see.
Anyways fingers x-ed for next week. Don't want any plateaus.

Feeling very blessed :)

Awwwww I got that warm fuzzy feeling, majorly. I'd been feeling pretty down lately - just a combination of being away from OH for so long, & so long til I'll see him again, and being at the palace reminded me of being with him last yr.. Also the people at the palace are very boozy kind of people mostly so I don't really enjoy hanging round with them much. Nice people and all, but it seems to me that they spend most of their time drunk, planning to be drunk, talking about drinking, or hungover. Not my scene and never has been. Plus the job is pretty mind numbingly boring. So I'd just been feeling a bit like I'm plodding through not enjoying life much.

But I had a lovely day today with my grandma and aunt. We went round clarence house on a tour which was fabulous, then I took them on a tour through the palace and they were a bit blown away I think - certainly very impressed with my knowledge of the palace, and then we went for afternoon tea at a very posh hotel.. There weren't the words to describe how wonderful that was, and perfectly timed so that we were desperate for it by the time we got there.. And by way of thank you for organising it and giving them the tour etc they bought a stunning pearl & diamond bracelet for me from clarence house - I thought it was for someone else, but thought it was so stunning... Then they surprised me later with it. Awwwwwwwwww major fuzzies. I really am very very blessed..

I love that feeling and just wanted to share it :)

I know that feeling - it's not even the cost of it - it's the appreciation and the love that comes across. That's really lovely Ellie x

Exactly right Gem: it wasn't even a particularly expensive thing, it was just that it was so unexpected and so thoughtful.

Well I reckon I won't reach my target of getting to 13st by 5th october now.. but I am just going to keep going and lose as much as possible til then. This week hasn't been bad but hasn't been great either: I think I've stuck to about 1500cals each day, but I don't feel I'm losing anything. even 1lb I'd be happy with this week to be honest. ah well. I guess as long as the weight goes down, it's going in the right direction. we'll see when it comes to friday.
x

Even if you don't reach that particular target you could still surprise yourself with a couple of good weeks x

Oooooooo one excellent thing to add. A friend of mine has lost weight (I think she looked fine before but anyway), had some lovely jeans now too big for her that she gave to me. They're size 14 fat face jeans, and they Bloomin fit!! Look great as well. :D:D:D

Yay - well done with the jeans - your friend's loss and all that x

woop woop! soon you'll have to give them away as well i bet ;)

enjoy them while they fit hun.......you sound like you're on the right track :) :)

well done xxxx

Thanks rhoobs! :D I was well chuffed.

I just heard about this scheme run by the NHS where they pay you to lose weight!
Weight Wins - Rewarding healthy weight loss
In fact I might do a little post on general weight loss, it might give people that little extra motivation!

That's interesting Ellie - not sure I could do that though cos I need to have control. It might put me in sabotage mode x

Thanks clarri! gaah I think my journey is 2 steps forward, 2 back really! Hm. But anyway I guess at the least I have still not put on any weight again for quite a while. I just try and look for the positives: it helps keep me going rather than focusing on the negatives.

It's the only way to succeed Ellie x

Ellie this is a damn hard thing to do so well done for focusing on the positives! :cool:

Right. I've had enough of these STS weeks and I've decided that this week I'm going to have a definite loss. I want to get into single figures in the 13sts: ideally 13st8lb. So yesterday I had an excellent day, today is also good so far, the day before was not great but not awful. I want to translate that into a 2lb loss this week!

On another positive note, I have a pair of black trousers that are now too big! Had them for donkey's years (I think in 6th form for my waitressing job), and it feels great to be too small for them (instead of the opposite!). And I sort of noticed today how much I've lost from my tummy area: not so much from my thighs but a massive difference from my tummy. Woo! It's sorta motivated me to get started again.

That's your answer then Ellie - you're in redistribution mode and that's why you haven't been losing weight. Having said that, I suppose I'd better get ready to give up that balloon this week - IT COULD BE YOU - Good Luck

Gem to be honest I think it's because I've got a little complacent with it and lost focus a bit. i.e. oh it won't matter if I have this extra or that extra today: I burn off all these calories anyway.. blah blah basically excuses to myself. But then for me I'm kinda happy enough to have some weeks of no loss and being easier on the diet (as long as it's not gaining!), and some weeks of being strict and losing. I think if I was strict all the time I would go into rebellious mode and majorly fall off the wagon :) And it always seems to be every half a stone or so that I need a little 'break' with less focus. Anyway.

But who says I'm going to get that balloon, I'm sure it's going to be you again this week gem!

We'll see - nothing's budged yet this week - squatters can get a little sticky after a while. Taz is a contender though - she's hell bent on losing this week - and Silence and Clarri have been on a roll so who knows. Then again, it could be one of the others grabbing it from under our noses - Stirky or Karen perhaps............. x

Hey babe!

Those STS weeks start to really suck after a while, don't they. Especially when you're putting in the hard work. You are working so hard at this, the scales are just being plain stubborn! Just remember you're gaining muscle as well as losing weight, which will make all the difference to your shape and fitness, but not always for the scales.

Know what you mean with the complaitencies. I've been the same: "Eating a spoonful of Marmite won't hurt!" or "Just one sweet!" We'll kick it, we've both got the drive and the focus!

Keep going, babe!

Bron

Back