>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

You could make a nice white sauce with skimmed milk, a couple of teaspoons of cornflour, mustard powder, salt and pepper??? Or turn it into a cheese sauce and chuck a grated Hexa of cheese in?

Or a nice watercress sauce made with quark, from frais, orange, garlic and watercress.

Mustard and herb sauce? Spiced lemon sauce? SW tartare sauce?

Depends what flavours you like really

Thanks! I like the sound of the watercress one, would never have thought of that. I love tartare sauce, will have to look that one up too :)

Thanks! I like the sound of the watercress one, would never have thought of that. I love tartare sauce, will have to look that one up too :)

When are you wanting to make the sauce Sarah? If you're not in a rush for it, I can scan and email you the pages from the book when I'm at work tomorrow? I don't mind :)

I'll just post this one for you to be going on with :D

Watercress Sauce
Serves 4 = 1/2 syn per serving on all plans

finely pared rind and juice of 1 orange
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
225g Quark
100g FF From Frais
57g Watercress, finely chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper

1. place the orange rind and juice in a small pan with the garlic. Simmer gently to soften the garlic.

2. stir in the spring onions, quark and from frais and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until the quark has melted and the sauce is smoth (do not boil or the from frais will curdle and the quark will split)

4. stir in the watercress, season to taste and serve

Corkscrew said:
I'll just post this one for you to be going on with :D

Watercress Sauce
Serves 4 = 1/2 syn per serving on all plans

finely pared rind and juice of 1 orange
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
225g Quark
100g FF From Frais
57g Watercress, finely chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper

1. place the orange rind and juice in a small pan with the garlic. Simmer gently to soften the garlic.

2. stir in the spring onions, quark and from frais and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until the quark has melted and the sauce is smoth (do not boil or the from frais will curdle and the quark will split)

4. stir in the watercress, season to taste and serve

Corky do you come over and cook it too?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

And this one......

Tartare Sauce
Free on all plans

198g ff from frais
6 gherkins, finely chopped
2 tbsp capers, finely chopped
small handful of freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
small handful of chopped dill
fresh lemon juice to taste
salt and black pepper

1..place the from frais in a small bowl with the chopped gherkiins, capers, parsley and dill and stir well to combine.

2. Add some lemon juice to taste, season well with salt and pepper and mix. Cover the bowl and chill until required.

Corkscrew said:
Bog off! If I wanted to get into catering I'd get married again! :8855:

Lol how very selfish of you!

Corkscrew said:
:rotflmao: Yup that's the beauty of divorces :D I can be selfish anytime I feel like it :D lol

Ahhh well I guess you have a good point lol

Feeling a little bit crushed right now. Had a STS this week. I can't work it out. I've been good food-wise, kept under my syns, snacked on superfree...
I know I upped my exercise and water but this is the third week of that and my body has surely adjusted by now. The only thing I can think of is that I've changed from bread to alpen light bars since Xmas and since Xmas my losses haven't been so great. Connection?

Feeling a little bit crushed right now. Had a STS this week. I can't work it out. I've been good food-wise, kept under my syns, snacked on superfree...
I know I upped my exercise and water but this is the third week of that and my body has surely adjusted by now. The only thing I can think of is that I've changed from bread to alpen light bars since Xmas and since Xmas my losses haven't been so great. Connection?

Could be the change, but could also still be the exercise, it can take some peoples body's a bit longer to catch up and if your exercise is more sporadic then regular (as in not at the same sort of time or same day etc) then your body could be holding onto 'supplies' so to speak to make sure it has the energy for the exercise it thinks may happen if that makes any sense.

Try swapping back next week to see if that makes any difference, if your weight loss has been slow since making a change then it has to be something to do with it.

On the other hand the body can be strange at times. Sometimes it just hangs on to weight no matter how good you have been.

Have you been measuring yourself? I bet you have lost inches, and seeing it come off in some other way until the weight catches up, may keep your motivation going. Having said that, Im a fine one to talk, I havnt measured myself since restarting SW.

Thanks Corkey, I'm going to try both of those :D. Just trying to have a bit of variety so I don't get bored. Fish is so good for you but I never fancy it, I need to find a dish I really like.

Tried liver last night for the first time in years - it wasn't too bad actually. Forgot to put bacon in with it tho :d'oh:

Mandy... it's so hard to stay upbeat and motivated when you feel you've been good but don't get the loss you're hoping for :(. I'm sure everyone is going to say the same, but if you keep at it it WILL come off eventually. There are so many reasons it didn't this week, might be a good idea to look at what you're eating and the portions etc incase you're getting into a bit of a rut. I've been really trying over the past couple of weeks to control emotional eating and recognise when I'm physically hungry, not just 'wanting something'. I'm actually eating a lot less. I think the trouble with SW is that it works if you stop eating when you're not hungry anymore but if you're an emotional eater (which I suspect many seriously overweight people are) then you never feel satisfied. Some days I can just eat and eat, and if it's all sf or free etc. technically I'm sticking to the plan but realistically I'm eating far too much in terms of the calories vs energy expended equation. Unfortunately whatever 'plan' you follow, weight loss is simple.... put in less than you use up!

Also, SW does kind of promote the the more free food you can ram down your throat the faster you will lose weight, but this doesnt work for me , but more than that it doesnt re teach your body to not gorge on food, this is why i am here in the first place, i like ramming food into me gob!!
Mandy, i feel your pain sister! i was super dooper this week and lost a pound, and before anyone says it NO ONE POUND WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR HOW GOOD I WAS lol xxx

Awww Mandy, how flipping disappointing for you :( Sometimes out bodies work in very strange ways...........infact, they can be rotten traitors sometimes!!

It happens to us all at some point, but that won't make you feel any better atm :eek:

Don't let this week knock you off track though, your pesky body will soon get the message that you mean business :) xxx

Thanks Corkey, I'm going to try both of those :D. Just trying to have a bit of variety so I don't get bored. Fish is so good for you but I never fancy it, I need to find a dish I really like.

You're welcome :) I've got 98 more where they came from! :lol

It's weigh in tomorrow, I'm so excited... it's really sad but am really hoping that I will see 17st something for the first time in years and if I'm really lucky I could get my 10% award which means 2st down (although I think it will only happen next week). I feel like I'm waiting for Christmas... I will cry if I don't get under the next stone as have been really good this week.

It's weigh in tomorrow, I'm so excited... it's really sad but am really hoping that I will see 17st something for the first time in years and if I'm really lucky I could get my 10% award which means 2st down (although I think it will only happen next week). I feel like I'm waiting for Christmas... I will cry if I don't get under the next stone as have been really good this week.

I'm hoping to see a number 17 this week too, so if you're sad then so am I! lol

Is yours a morning or an evening WI?

I'm hoping to see a number 17 this week too, so if you're sad then so am I! lol

Is yours a morning or an evening WI?

Evening... It feels like so long to wait!

Back