>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Trying hard not to comfort eat right now... had a bit of worrying news..
My doc rang about my smear test, with abnormal results. And she said "if you'd left it any longer it could have been cancer".. which leads me to believe I'm going to have to have the laser surgery..

Really just want to munch into a big bar of chocolate right now..

Oh hun. I would probably be eating several. Have they said what the next step is?

Oh hun. I would probably be eating several. Have they said what the next step is?

I have to have a colposcopy to definitely rule out cancerous cells, and then they'll decide whether or not I need the laser surgery...

I have to have a colposcopy to definitely rule out cancerous cells, and then they'll decide whether or not I need the laser surgery...

Well hopefully it's nothing. Better safe then sorry though hey.

My doc rang about my smear test, with abnormal results. And she said "if you'd left it any longer it could have been cancer".. which leads me to believe I'm going to have to have the laser surgery..

I must have been typing when you posted this Mandy :eek: Sorry if I've come over as insensitive xxx

What a strange thing for the doc to say without any tests having been done though :confused:

It is a worry though. I've had 2 abnormal smears in the past and both times (after me worrying myself sick!) it turned out to be their fault for not doing the test right! Apparently it's quite common :confused: which seems a bit bad to me....

How long do you have to wait before you go to see someone??

Chin up pet xxx

I don't know how long I'll be waiting... hopefully not too long! I thought it was a bit odd of her to say too, unless she had information not given to me... she was a locum doctor, not my usual one so I'll have to call into my doctor during the week and have a proper chat.

You didn't come across as insensitive at all... sometimes posts don't get noticed on here for a while cos we're all such chatterboxes lol

Thanks for adding me. I do have a blog somewhere but posting this from my iPad. It's called nothing tastes as good as thin feels.
Anyway, my real name is stefanie and my first goal is 17st 10lbs in time for my birthday and going to sicily with the boyfriend!

Currently I'm at 18st 6.5lbs ish and I started around 18st 12.5lbs (a little less since joining this site because I joined later on in the diet :) )

My goal weight is around 9.5st ish

Bit disappointed with a STS this week. Had a very similar week to last week when I lost 4.5lbs! Sometimes there's just no logic to this weight loss game. Only thing I can think of which was different was I have been to the gym, only did 2 days this week tho and a bit more dog walking. Have to see what next week brings :)

On a more positive note, I'm looking at NSV's to motivate me... my trousers definitely feel looser and my bath towel now fits around me without a gap when I sit down :D. Oh, and 2 people yesterday said I was looking slimmer :D

My parents are back next Saturday from a cruise they been on since the beginning of January, would be nice to tell them I have lost 1 1/2 stones. So my target for this week is a 2lb loss.

Have a good day everyone and well done to yesterdays losers :)

Aww, i'm sorry to hear about the STS Sarah, but what great NSVs you had!

Its so nice when people notice your weight loss isnt it.. I know people say it (and i havent done it myself!) but we really should take measurements because its times like these where the inch loss would show but maybe not on the scales.. chin up my love.. it will come off xxx

Hi guys not been on for a while.... Family bereavement and all that goes with it.... Down to 16 3.... From a starting weight of 17 13... Still trying to stick to plan.... Off for a weekend away now... Will update again on Tuesday. My wi day... Hope you are all well, look forward to getting back on with the 6 stone loss soon .... Some amazing losses on page one... Well done all x x

Hi Sally, sorry to hear about your loss :(

Your weight loss is amazing, well done.. and in such stressful time.. you should be really proud of yourself.. x

That doesn't make sense.. Why would any doctor say that over the telephone?!!! how silly.. Mandy I know it will be so difficult, but please do not worry until you have actually seen your doctor face to face.. it is very strange for a doctor to say such a thing.. especially over the telephone..

lots and lots and lots of hugs and prayers for you darling. Please let me know if you need us xx

Thanks for adding me. I do have a blog somewhere but posting this from my iPad. It's called nothing tastes as good as thin feels.
Anyway, my real name is stefanie and my first goal is 17st 10lbs in time for my birthday and going to sicily with the boyfriend!

Currently I'm at 18st 6.5lbs ish and I started around 18st 12.5lbs (a little less since joining this site because I joined later on in the diet :) )

My goal weight is around 9.5st ish

I have added you with a 6 lb loss for this year xxx

Hi Girls..

I have updated everyone losses- sorry i was delayed this time. Fell asleep pretty early last night..

Just wanted to remind you our monthly targets for you all :)

January -7
February -14
March -21
April -28
May -35
June -42
July -49
August -56
September -63
October -70
November -77
December -84

I can see alot of you are doing amazzzzzingly well.. so Congratulations to you girls. Seriously, you are doing SO well.

I hope I have a better month this month. I would love to be a stone lighter by my birthday.

Please let me know if i havent updated your stats properly girls.. I apologise now if I havent..

Rozie x

I had a friend over, who went through the whole cervical cancer thing.. I told her what the doctor said and she reckons they know an awful lot more than they let on by just the smear... she thinks they sounded worried and like I was at the "sin?/syn? 3" stage... the last stage before cancer sets its teeth in.
I'll call into my doc during the week and hopefully have a bigger picture by this time next week.

Thanks all for the kind words. I managed to stay away from the treats in the house, simply by giving them to the kids lol. I kept a curly wurly and a pack of crisps for myself, which I have the syns for.

Hopefully its nothing to worry about it. And if it does need treating the doctors are able to sort it out ASAP.

Ive had a smear test done and it showed abnormal results.. but there was no way the nurse could have done a proper smear test- I will PM you with further details because its a little too personal.

x

xMandyDx said:

Mandy, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that it isn't too serious. If that was me I'd be half way through a very large bar of galaxy.

I think some doctors can be a little insensitive with what they say sometimes. My sisters doctor told her she could have cancer and when she went for a scan it was just an infection. Why couldn't he of just said 'let's look and see what's going on'?

HazeyBlue said:
I think some doctors can be a little insensitive with what they say sometimes. My sisters doctor told her she could have cancer and when she went for a scan it was just an infection. Why couldn't he of just said 'let's look and see what's going on'?

I think because they deal with cancer news often they almost become too normal about it all as if if isn't a big thing - its really unfair to sat that to your sister, and to you without the proper support that comes with it
I hope its nothing serious which I'm sure it isn't, try to stay positive (easier said than done I know)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well this may sound really wierd, considering the news I got yesterday, but I had the best sleep ever. The past week or two I've been really struggling to get to sleep, but last night I hit the hay at 10.30pm and didn't wake up until 8.45am!

I needed that!

Good morning losers :D

This is me reporting in with a 2.5lb loss, which I'm over the moon about considering last Saturday nights fiasco with the wine, jelly babies and the Aero :eek: lol

I'm now into the 17's.........and planning on it being a short visit! :giggle:

So another 2lb to my Club(less) 10, and 4.5lb to my 2 stone shiny :D Would love to get them both in the next 2 weeks :D

Oh, and I've just awarded myself STOW :D :8855:

lol @ STOW

Well done on the great loss! You must feel so good now!

Corkscrew said:
Good morning losers :D

This is me reporting in with a 2.5lb loss, which I'm over the moon about considering last Saturday nights fiasco with the wine, jelly babies and the Aero :eek: lol

I'm now into the 17's.........and planning on it being a short visit! :giggle:

So another 2lb to my Club(less) 10, and 4.5lb to my 2 stone shiny :D Would love to get them both in the next 2 weeks :D

Oh, and I've just awarded myself STOW :D :8855:

Welcome to the 17's! I live here - I've decorated and cleaned up to make things fresh for your arrival - the furniture isn't too comfy though as I don't really want people getting too happy here - I hear the 16's is much nicer :)

lol @ STOW

Well done on the great loss! You must feel so good now!

Thanks :) I feel very lucky this week Mandy, but yeah......I feel good too :D

Welcome to the 17's! I live here - I've decorated and cleaned up to make things fresh for your arrival - the furniture isn't too comfy though as I don't really want people getting too happy here - I hear the 16's is much nicer :)

Thanks for the warm welcome to the 17's Emmey :) Very kind of you. lol You really didn't have to bother to decorate and clean though.......but well done on the body magic anyway :giggle:

You will probs get into the 16's sooner than me, but feel free to decorate and clean again, it's ok and it's appreciated :D lol

p.s. good idea to get uncomfy furniture :D We don't want to be hanging around on a comfy sofa do we? :8855:

Think I've worked a groove into the furniture in the 15s...been there since before Xmas lol

Corkscrew said:
Thanks :) I feel very lucky this week Mandy, but yeah......I feel good too :D

Thanks for the warm welcome to the 17's Emmey :) Very kind of you. lol You really didn't have to bother to decorate and clean though.......but well done on the body magic anyway :giggle:

You will probs get into the 16's sooner than me, but feel free to decorate and clean again, it's ok and it's appreciated :D lol

p.s. good idea to get uncomfy furniture :D We don't want to be hanging around on a comfy sofa do we? :8855:

Ah I don't know - I'm at 17s 11.5 but shall see what my weigh in of two weeks will bring on Wednesday but I might just allow you down first so you can clean the 16's :p

Back