>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

xClaire84x said:
What does cottage cheese taste like? The look of it puts me off it.

I also want special k but can't find the sustain anywhere :( lol.

Claire x

Is it hex b? I've not looked at the list in ages.

Full fat cottage cheese is delicious! Fat free? Not so much haha

Hello People!

Bit of a hectic weekend, sorry I haven't been around - tried to catch up as best as I can!

When you've been big along time & your used to squeezing into sizes & things not fitting properly. Do you feel like you don't know how things are supposed to fit?

Totally. When I joined slimming world I was still in maternity wear (3 months after baby) size 24, so if I was in normal clothes.... I dont know, 26, 28 maybe? I'm now about down to a size 20 and I'm still mostly wearing my size 22 trousers.... I'm too cheap to buy too many new clothes yet! HOWEVER I did finally relent and buy a pair of size 20 jeans the other day. They fit but they're a LITTLE on the tight side. I don't know how clothes should look, hang... nothing. If I ever get to target I'll be one of the worst dressed members in group!!

what's others experience of class like, has anyone been to a class where they felt really inspired when they walked out

My one class has had a mixture of these nights. We've never had a permanent consultant, as there was no one in the area who wanted to buy us (maybe our reputation preceded us!) but we have a new full time consultant from sometime in June, which I'm looking forward to. Some of the temp consultants have been great (our current C included) but others have blatantly not had any interest in getting to know us or caring about whether we lost or not. Fingers crossed our new C will make more of an effort!

Check this out boy and girls... I've been cooking today :D

LUSH!

I've been experimenting in the kitchen a bit this weekend too. should have a few new recipes to share with you girls soon! I've even started posting them properly to my blog (pics and all!) but it takes a little while to write them and compile them so.... watch this space!

I'm feeling so much better now. I had two slices wholemeal toast for breakfast (I was supposed to have scrambled eggs with that, and fruit as well...but one look at the scrambled eggs made me want to vomit lol), and a bowl of noodles for lunch. Still felt a bit iffy, but went and chilled out on my own in the bedroom for a while and now I feel normal again! Thank God!

I'm going to try some chicken and chips for dinner... we shall see.

And about clothes not fitting properly, or even knowing what size you are? I'm with you on that one! I *think* I'm an 18 on bottom now. But since I'm living in track bottoms which are baggy anyway, I'm not really sure haha. I could get into the next size down, but should I? I dunno! I'm still a 20 on top cos of the boobage... and I suspect I'm always going to be big chested. I'm still wearing my original sized bras, which don't seem to be *too* big, if you see what I mean?

Rozie, all that food looks gorgeous... can I come live with you for a while? You can feed me up after my sickness haha

Ria your roulade looks so good. Ie tried making it once (with quark) and it was absolutely rubbish. Now if you lived closer I'd ask you to give me a piece so I could try some :D but it looks so good and tasty!!!!

Mandy- come and live with me! You work and I'll cook, deal?

Deal! I'm qualified to teach the ECDL, but I don't think that's valid in the UK lol

I managed to eat about 1/3 of my dinner...but I ate something, which is better than eating nothing.

xMandyDx said:
Deal! I'm qualified to teach the ECDL, but I don't think that's valid in the UK lol

I managed to eat about 1/3 of my dinner...but I ate something, which is better than eating nothing.

Don't eat anything too heavy.. Start off with soups.. Glad you were able to stomach something x

Ria your roulade looks so good. Ie tried making it once (with quark) and it was absolutely rubbish. Now if you lived closer I'd ask you to give me a piece so I could try some :D but it looks so good and tasty!!!!

Mandy- come and live with me! You work and I'll cook, deal?

I wasn't expecting it to come out so good at all! Still planning to try the half syn version, as I've had a bit of success with quark in the past. might have to make a few tiny adjustments though.... hmmm.

Fancy a holiday? theres a good b&b down the road, I can do the catering for ya! :D lol

Aww poor Mandy xxx I'm glad you managed to stomach something hun - take it slow xxx

Hey all, sorry have been a bit AWOL. Been a bit manic with the box and now my 3 year old has an eye infection so off to the drs tomorrow!

Have been really good today, even did 30 day shred and 15 mins on the elliptical trainer (youngest was napping and 3 year old was telling me that I wasn't allowed to to exercise, I told him I wanted a smaller bum and he said I wasn't allowed, but then tried joining in... so probably figured I did need a smaller bum!

Anyway, there is WAY to much for me to quote but have been reading on my phone in between the madness.

Rialrees, on your blog, do you do the pics yourself? What program do you use? I have a friend who has been trying to design a logo for me and it's just not going quite how I want it, I feel bad everything I message him back with changes... the general concept is fine, it's just the execution I'm not 100% happy with...doesn't help we can't do it face to face cos we're so far away from each other. Was thinking about trying myself and love the crispness of your pics.

5lb down ladies 5lb down :D :D << me right now!!! Xx

ellen83 said:
That's ace, well done!

Thanks was feeling really unmotivated today after a really good week.. Just what I needed today!!! :)

Thanks was feeling really unmotivated today after a really good week.. Just what I needed today!!! :)

I haven't had a really 'great' weight loss in ages, don't get me wrong, I'm happy with any loss it's just nice to get a bigger number lol

Rialrees, on your blog, do you do the pics yourself? What program do you use? I have a friend who has been trying to design a logo for me and it's just not going quite how I want it, I feel bad everything I message him back with changes... the general concept is fine, it's just the execution I'm not 100% happy with...doesn't help we can't do it face to face cos we're so far away from each other. Was thinking about trying myself and love the crispness of your pics.

Yes I'm practising with a few programs at the moment - but I mostly use a combination of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. They're a pain in the bum to get used to, but the secret for crispness is vector graphics - if the program you're currently using uses rasters then you get a certain amount of pixelation. Oh also, save your image files a larger size than you actually need, then resize them as necessarry - that can help get extra detail in too :) Thanks for the compliment! Glad to see you back - i laughed my bum off at your three year old lol.

5lb down ladies 5lb down :D :D << me right now!!! Xx

WHOOT wtg gab! on the motorway hun! :D

Can't figure out what to do with myself tonight. I have blog posts that need writing.... (lots of recipes stacking up!) and images that need drawing (But that means sitting in a freezing cold room... bleurgh).

I was planning on making some syn free dips and cheese scones to go through the week, and some bits and bobs to take to class with me tomorrow. sigh. the decisions i face some nights... ;)

rialrees said:
Yes I'm practising with a few programs at the moment - but I mostly use a combination of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. They're a pain in the bum to get used to, but the secret for crispness is vector graphics - if the program you're currently using uses rasters then you get a certain amount of pixelation. Oh also, save your image files a larger size than you actually need, then resize them as necessarry - that can help get extra detail in too :) Thanks for the compliment! Glad to see you back - i laughed my bum off at your three year old lol.

Am competent with photoshop as have a Photography degree (as useful as that is!) well, I am for photo editing, not tried designing on it. Have literally just acquired a copy illustrator as going to be using is to do my wedding invites on. Guess I might just have a play about.
My 3year old is very entertaining... And opinionated, even when not well!

Am competent with photoshop as have a Photography degree (as useful as that is!) well, I am for photo editing, not tried designing on it. Have literally just acquired a copy illustrator as going to be using is to do my wedding invites on. Guess I might just have a play about.
My 3year old is very entertaining... And opinionated, even when not well!

Ah well then, you'll get into illustrator no problem - I'm only so-so with photoshop (piddled about with it for years and never really made anything impressive!) but illustrator is great fun when you get used to everything. One tip I would give is lock EVERY layer you're not currently working with - the darned thing just keep selecting beziers I don't want to select otherwise!

What syn free dips did you have in mind ria?

Hmmm, weighing up my options at the moment. I have some mackerel so was thinking of the mackerel dip, and I want to do some hummus, but it always comes out really grainy with me, so I was thinking of doing hummus with half chickpeas and half butterbeans! I'll let you know how it goes!

Any other ideas? I have loads of stuff knocking about in my storecupboards, so could do with some imaginative ideas :D

I also need to get on my puff pastry pie.. thing. Not even hungry but have a feeling a little fruit tartlet would go down a treat right now.... plus, I dont THINK i've used any syns today... maybe 3... will have to check the ole' diary.

Post some recipes for dips... mackerel dip sounds yummy!

will do for sure - experimenting with them tonight to see if i can make them yummier, will post when i find the sweet spot ;)

Someone at a taster a while ago made a REALLY yummy cheese, onion and garlic dip...can't remember for the life of me how she made it. Was super yummy. I love tasters, we had one last week nom nom

Back