>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Morning all
Just wanted to start off by saying thank you for all the lovely messages yesterday, I was feeling a bit down in the dumps and really wasn't looking forward to having to explain it to a 6 year old either, but we got there and with only minimal chocolate usage! Feel a lot better today, had a big cry last night so sorta got it outta my system :)

Onto today, well I stepped onto the scales to find it wasn't as bad as I thought! I thought in the last few months I'd gone well over 26 stone and possibly into the 27 stone mark :eek: but was too scared to actually look, yet today they said 25st 4 - I know that figure is definitely nothing to be proud of but a heck of a lot better than 26 or 27 stone!

So here's to day 1 of my journey, long may it continue!!

(btw how long do each of the mini challenges last? ie are they weekly or monthly or just when we decide to change them? lol)

Lily42uk said:
broadsbean 84lbs~ 0 lbs lost
Bron 84lbs~ 0 lbs lost
daisygrubber 84lbs -0lbs lost
dory78 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Elaine 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
emzybop 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Fatbgone 84lbs ~ 6.5 lost
Fat Stuff 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Fat & 40 84lbs - 0.5lbs lost
JaneB 84lbs ~ 2lbs lost
Karnak 84lbs -0lbs lost
Kenco 84lbs~0lbs lost
LadyFerret 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Lauratheloop 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Lily42uk 89lbs ~+5lbs
loonylamb 84lbs ~ 6lb lost
lou22lou 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Lucia Lucia 84lbs ~ 1lbs lost
marzie30 84lb ~ 0lb lost
melh 84lb ~ 3lb lost
MissClumsy 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
MissSlinky2011 ~ 0lbs lost
Nettie 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
PurpleRoses 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
rialrees 84lb ~ +5lb
Roziee 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
ShinyShimmy 84lb ~ 0lb lost
SugarPlum 84lb - 4lb lost
urbanprincess 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
Wannamakeitwork! 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost

Ammended my name and weight loss.. lost 2lb this morning yipee! X

dory78 said:
Morning all
Just wanted to start off by saying thank you for all the lovely messages yesterday, I was feeling a bit down in the dumps and really wasn't looking forward to having to explain it to a 6 year old either, but we got there and with only minimal chocolate usage! Feel a lot better today, had a big cry last night so sorta got it outta my system :)

Onto today, well I stepped onto the scales to find it wasn't as bad as I thought! I thought in the last few months I'd gone well over 26 stone and possibly into the 27 stone mark :eek: but was too scared to actually look, yet today they said 25st 4 - I know that figure is definitely nothing to be proud of but a heck of a lot better than 26 or 27 stone!

(btw how long do each of the mini challenges last? ie are they weekly or monthly or just when we decide to change them? lol)

Dory, I was 24.5 when I started... You will be surprised how quickly you start to feel better and more healthy!

I am still just over 21stone but I feel so much better!

You will get so much support on here!!

We will do it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning all

---------------------------------------------------
Dory- I started last Jan at 24 st 4 lbs. I didnt actually start dieting properly til Aug 2011 when I weighed in at 23 st 12lbs just 20 weeks later I am 19 st 11 lbs and I feel like a different person!

Many of us have been where you are and in a few months you will feel and look much different, good luck xxx

I've sts today but I'm happy with that because I swear these pregnancy hormones are making me bloat a lot. I'm also finding that when I start reaching with sickness the only things that help are salty (crisps) or sweets but that should stop after 12 weeks.

I have to say I really really am missing a good runny egg on toast :(

X x x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins x x x

But can you count housework and sex and shopping as thats the only excercise I do :8855:

As long as you enjoy it and it makes you sweat hun it doesn't matter what form your exercise takes ;);) :giggle: xxxxx

Hello

I have lost 5 .5 lbs, so have lost what I gained at Christmas!!!

Have a good day

Love BRON

:woohoo: :winner: wtg Bron, amazing loss lady :hug99: xxx

Glad your foot is better lily..

Welcome to the newbies :)

And a massive well done bron!

Thanks hun xx

Morning all

Hey sweetie, when I eventually joined SW in November 2010 (after losing 6st + on my own over 2+ years) I weighed 25st 3lb, I am now 19st 7lbs, I am really happy with that, and if I can do it you can too...we are all here every step of the way with you supporting your every move hun, so as I always say ...well done in advance hun, you'll do it :bighug: xxxx

Ammended my name and weight loss.. lost 2lb this morning yipee! X

:woohoo: :winner: wtg hun, keep up the good work, amazing job :hug99: xxx

Dory, I was 24.5 when I started... You will be surprised how quickly you start to feel better and more healthy!

I am still just over 21stone but I feel so much better!

You will get so much support on here!!

We will do it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You have done an awesome job Cinta and look amazing hun :bighug: xxx

Hi everyone

Ive added my name to the bottom of the list. SOunds like a great plan to me, half a stone a month.

Joining tonight so will update my weight etc after that.

Speak to you all tomorrow x x

Bron 84lbs~ 0 lbs lost
dory78 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Elaine 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
JaneB 84lbs ~ 2lbs lost
Karnak 84lbs -0lbs lost
Kenco 84lbs~0lbs lost
Lily42uk 89lbs ~+5lbs
marzie30 84lb ~ 0lb lost
melh 84lb ~ 3lb lost
Nettie 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
rialrees 84lb ~ +5lb
Roziee 84lb ~ 0lbs lost

Wobbly71 - 84lb

Hi everyone

Ive added my name to the bottom of the list. SOunds like a great plan to me, half a stone a month.

Joining tonight so will update my weight etc after that.

Speak to you all tomorrow x x

Bron 84lbs~ 0 lbs lost
dory78 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Elaine 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
JaneB 84lbs ~ 2lbs lost
Karnak 84lbs -0lbs lost
Kenco 84lbs~0lbs lost
Lily42uk 89lbs ~+5lbs
marzie30 84lb ~ 0lb lost
melh 84lb ~ 3lb lost
Nettie 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
rialrees 84lb ~ +5lb
Roziee 84lb ~ 0lbs lost

Wobbly71 - 84lb

:welcome: hun and have a fab time at group tonight, I love the support I get there and added to the support on here it's brilliant, how can we fail :hug99: xxxx

Thanks for all the support so far guys, I can honestly say I'm feeling really positive right now so gonna try to hang onto that feeling for as long as possible. Unfortunately just had a bit of a hurried lunch, my shopping didn't arrive till around half 12 and once it was all put away etc it was just gone one and i had to be back at work for 2. I work from home so not too bad but didn't give me a lot of time to make loads. I kept it fairly healthy I think, had tuna pasta and sweetcorn with a couple of satsumas for afterwards. Not a lot of food but all I could rustle up in a short amount of time. Planning a nice big stirfry tonight with a massive helping of extra beansprouts (i could seriously live on those things!!! yuummmmmm) and hoping to follow it with a yoghurt or maybe some SF jelly :)
As for exercise - well with work and school runs etc I don't get a lot of time either so may have to follow Lucia lucia's idea ;) I'm sure the bf will be more than happy!!! lol

ooohh a stirfry, havent had one of those in ages, thats on my list for next week now!

Hi
I joined this challenge yesterday but never really introduced myself.

My name is Cathy and I will be following the extra easy plan from home. I won't be attending class as I don't enjoy the body image sessions they make me feel so self conscious. I will be undertaking my journey with a friend and we intend to support each other in our mission to lose the pounds, increase activity and start enjoying life again.

Life is always hectic in my world as I work full time, in my third year of a degree course and have 5 children.

I met my partner 12 years ago after spending some time at weight watchers, I was wearing a size 12 skirt.

3 kids later and after given up a 20 a day habit - I now weigh 12.5 stone more than the day I meet him. So I definitely have 6 stone to lose and more.

Today is day one.

I wish I could bottle up the feelings I have today - the revulsion in what I have done to myself and open it up whenever I am tempted to stray!

Any way went out on my bike for 30 minutes - had a four year old with me do very gentle ride but better than sitting on sofa.

Had grapes, apple, tomatoes, mushrooms so far! Dinner is going to be veg orientated.

Hope everyone is having a positive day!

Hi
I joined this challenge yesterday but never really introduced myself.

My name is Cathy and I will be following the extra easy plan from home. I won't be attending class as I don't enjoy the body image sessions they make me feel so self conscious. I will be undertaking my journey with a friend and we intend to support each other in our mission to lose the pounds, increase activity and start enjoying life again.

Life is always hectic in my world as I work full time, in my third year of a degree course and have 5 children.

I met my partner 12 years ago after spending some time at weight watchers, I was wearing a size 12 skirt.

3 kids later and after given up a 20 a day habit - I now weigh 12.5 stone more than the day I meet him. So I definitely have 6 stone to lose and more.

Today is day one.

I wish I could bottle up the feelings I have today - the revulsion in what I have done to myself and open it up whenever I am tempted to stray!

Any way went out on my bike for 30 minutes - had a four year old with me do very gentle ride but better than sitting on sofa.

Had grapes, apple, tomatoes, mushrooms so far! Dinner is going to be veg orientated.

Hope everyone is having a positive day!

Hi Cathy and well done on starting your journey, however you do it, good that you have a friend there to eb a support to each other too.
I know the feeling when I met my hubby some 36 years ago, I was a good size 12/14 and up till 3 years ago had ballooned to 31st 7lbs and was kidding myself I was a 30/32 (I was infact closer to 40 in clothes size :eek:)
I know what you mean about bottling up the revulsion feelings, but I find it better to let them go now and to focus on the good and positve things, hate going down that negative path now...positive all the way, so even the bad times are good (isn't that a song title :giggle:) in my world as I said I find a positive in everything.
Well done on the bike ride and just remember as long as its something you don't normally do and makes you sweat, it's all good :bighug: xxxx

Can anyone clarify for me that muller light yoghurts are now free of syns on SW? (except the cheesecake or cherry underlayer ones) I seem to have a bit of conflicting info regarding this and don't want to make a mistake this early on!!

Hi Dory the fruit variety muller lights are free as far as I know!

Had a good day so far:

Banana,
2 plums
Oranges x2
Blueberries
Mushrooms

I'm a bit dubious, I made the quiche to take into work with the pasta n sauce made into it. I also put ham and mushroom in. I took half a bag of spinach with me as my third super free, but when I opened it, it was off! I had the quiche by itself so no 1/3 super free... Is this going to affect my weight loss this week?

emzybop said:
Hi Dory the fruit variety muller lights are free as far as I know!

Had a good day so far:

Banana,
2 plums
Oranges x2
Blueberries
Mushrooms

I'm a bit dubious, I made the quiche to take into work with the pasta n sauce made into it. I also put ham and mushroom in. I took half a bag of spinach with me as my third super free, but when I opened it, it was off! I had the quiche by itself so no 1/3 super free... Is this going to affect my weight loss this week?

It was only one meal so no it wont have an impact on your weight loss. I often have meals with no superfree but have a fruit salad after, I'm not a fan of many veg as I have a throw up reflex to certain textures like tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber, yours with bits in lol the list is endless!

dory78 said:
Can anyone clarify for me that muller light yoghurts are now free of syns on SW? (except the cheesecake or cherry underlayer ones) I seem to have a bit of conflicting info regarding this and don't want to make a mistake this early on!!

Mullerlight basic*- now all syn free

Apricot
Banana and Custard
Cherry
Mandarin
Peach
Peach and Pineapple
Raspberry and Cranberry
Rhubarb
Strawberry
Toffee
Vanilla
Wild Blueberry
Mullerlight with Chocolate Sprinkles
Orange Yoghurt Sprinkled with Dark Chocolate - syn free
Vanilla Yoghurt Sprinkled with Dark Chocolate - syn free
Vanilla Yoghurt Sprinkled with Dark Chocolate and Black Cherry Underlayer - 2 syns
Mullerlight Limited Edition Yoghurt
Lemon Cheesecake, 175g - 1 syn
Mullerlight Inspired By Yoghurt
American Cheesecake, 165g - 1 syn
Strawberry Cheesecake, 165g - 1 syn
Mullerlight Layered Yoghurts
Blackcurrant and Raspberry - 1.5 syns
Peach and Passionfruit - 1.5 syns
Strawberry - 1.5 syns

All taken from the sw online service

X x x

Hey peoples... I'd really like to join you all. I started out with 9 stone to lose, and have lost 2 of those, leaving me with 7 until target. Ideally, I wanted to be at target for my birthday in July, but it's looking less and less likely. But I'll definitely be at target by next Christmas! 6 stone this year? No problemo!!! (I hope :p)

I do still have to lose what I gained over Xmas lol, so I won't be starting until I've lost 6.5lb. WI is tomorrow, and I'm hoping to have a good chunk of that gone by then!

Evening everyone, had my SF today, in the form of apples, clementines, banana, green beans, carrots, peas and sweetcorn. I also walked to and from work (15 mins each way) and rushed about all day, so that will have to do as my exercise for today! :)

Have a great evening! xx

Hi

My SF today

Apples
Oranges
Pears
Super speed soup
Celery
Carrots
French beans

30 minutes on the WII fit

Bron

A couple of people have mentioned syns online, is that part of the sw online thing that u have to pay for? I'm going it alone but wonder if its worth the money to do it online? And do you have to renew it every few months? Or how does it work?

Back