>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

*SugarPlum* said:
Morning Ladies,

Monday come round so quickly!!

I am in a very positive frame of mind today! I had a lovely weekend but I now need to be ultra good till Sat morning WI!

SF I have planned for today

Banana
Apple
Apple (I am having 2!) lol
Cucumber
Carrots
Mushrooms
Onions
Peas

I will also be doing my Kettleworx workout, first time one months!!! I think this is gonna be a killer!!!

Have a good Monday everyone! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm sure you will be super good until Saturday :)

dory78 said:
Morning all
Just wanted to start off by saying thank you for all the lovely messages yesterday, I was feeling a bit down in the dumps and really wasn't looking forward to having to explain it to a 6 year old either, but we got there and with only minimal chocolate usage! Feel a lot better today, had a big cry last night so sorta got it outta my system :)

Onto today, well I stepped onto the scales to find it wasn't as bad as I thought! I thought in the last few months I'd gone well over 26 stone and possibly into the 27 stone mark :eek: but was too scared to actually look, yet today they said 25st 4 - I know that figure is definitely nothing to be proud of but a heck of a lot better than 26 or 27 stone!

So here's to day 1 of my journey, long may it continue!!

(btw how long do each of the mini challenges last? ie are they weekly or monthly or just when we decide to change them? lol)

You're very welcome dory :) there is no need to thank us. We are all in the same boat so we all understand how each other feel.

Glad you didn't have too much chocolate and that the scales were kind to you. You will lose all the weight you need so long as you take each meal as it comes and if u ever need the support make sure you come and find me!

fatbgone said:
Ammended my name and weight loss.. lost 2lb this morning yipee! X

Well done!!!!

MissSlinky2011 said:
I've sts today but I'm happy with that because I swear these pregnancy hormones are making me bloat a lot. I'm also finding that when I start reaching with sickness the only things that help are salty (crisps) or sweets but that should stop after 12 weeks.

I have to say I really really am missing a good runny egg on toast :(

X x x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins x x x

Congratulations on the pregnancy.. How far along are u miss slinky?

Wobbly71 said:
Hi everyone

Ive added my name to the bottom of the list. SOunds like a great plan to me, half a stone a month.

Joining tonight so will update my weight etc after that.

Speak to you all tomorrow x x

broadsbean 84lbs~ 0 lbs lost
Bron 84lbs~ 0 lbs lost
daisygrubber 84lbs -0lbs lost
dory78 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Elaine 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
emzybop 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Fatbgone 84lbs ~ 6.5 lost
Fat Stuff 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Fat & 40 84lbs - 0.5lbs lost
JaneB 84lbs ~ 2lbs lost
Karnak 84lbs -0lbs lost
Kenco 84lbs~0lbs lost
LadyFerret 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Lauratheloop 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Lily42uk 89lbs ~+5lbs
loonylamb 84lbs ~ 6lb lost
lou22lou 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Lucia Lucia 84lbs ~ 1lbs lost
marzie30 84lb ~ 0lb lost
melh 84lb ~ 3lb lost
MissClumsy 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
MissSlinky2011 ~ 0lbs lost
Nettie 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
PurpleRoses 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
rialrees 84lb ~ +5lb
Roziee 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
ShinyShimmy 84lb ~ 0lb lost
SugarPlum 84lb - 4lb lost
urbanprincess 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
Wannamakeitwork! 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Wobbly71 - 84lb

Welcome wobbly :) x

dory78 said:
Thanks for all the support so far guys, I can honestly say I'm feeling really positive right now so gonna try to hang onto that feeling for as long as possible. Unfortunately just had a bit of a hurried lunch, my shopping didn't arrive till around half 12 and once it was all put away etc it was just gone one and i had to be back at work for 2. I work from home so not too bad but didn't give me a lot of time to make loads. I kept it fairly healthy I think, had tuna pasta and sweetcorn with a couple of satsumas for afterwards. Not a lot of food but all I could rustle up in a short amount of time. Planning a nice big stirfry tonight with a massive helping of extra beansprouts (i could seriously live on those things!!! yuummmmmm) and hoping to follow it with a yoghurt or maybe some SF jelly :)
As for exercise - well with work and school runs etc I don't get a lot of time either so may have to follow Lucia lucia's idea ;) I'm sure the bf will be more than happy!!! lol

What do u do if you don't mind me asking dory?

Let us know how your stir fry is..

Wannamakeitwork! said:
Hi
I joined this challenge yesterday but never really introduced myself.

My name is Cathy and I will be following the extra easy plan from home. I won't be attending class as I don't enjoy the body image sessions they make me feel so self conscious. I will be undertaking my journey with a friend and we intend to support each other in our mission to lose the pounds, increase activity and start enjoying life again.

Life is always hectic in my world as I work full time, in my third year of a degree course and have 5 children.

I met my partner 12 years ago after spending some time at weight watchers, I was wearing a size 12 skirt.

3 kids later and after given up a 20 a day habit - I now weigh 12.5 stone more than the day I meet him. So I definitely have 6 stone to lose and more.

Today is day one.

I wish I could bottle up the feelings I have today - the revulsion in what I have done to myself and open it up whenever I am tempted to stray!

Any way went out on my bike for 30 minutes - had a four year old with me do very gentle ride but better than sitting on sofa.

Had grapes, apple, tomatoes, mushrooms so far! Dinner is going to be veg orientated.

Hope everyone is having a positive day!

Hiya cathy, I'm Rozie :)

Because of me my husband is now 4 stones heavier than he first was when we got married so don't feel bad! We will all get through this together.. My motivation is to have a baby next year so I need to lose as much as I can this year :)

emzybop said:
Hi Dory the fruit variety muller lights are free as far as I know!

Had a good day so far:

Banana,
2 plums
Oranges x2
Blueberries
Mushrooms

I'm a bit dubious, I made the quiche to take into work with the pasta n sauce made into it. I also put ham and mushroom in. I took half a bag of spinach with me as my third super free, but when I opened it, it was off! I had the quiche by itself so no 1/3 super free... Is this going to affect my weight loss this week?

Not at all if it's only one meal :) I don't normally have 1/3 sf for brekkie.. So don't worry.. Just have lots of fruit and veg throughout the day to balance it out x

xMandyDx said:
Hey peoples... I'd really like to join you all. I started out with 9 stone to lose, and have lost 2 of those, leaving me with 7 until target. Ideally, I wanted to be at target for my birthday in July, but it's looking less and less likely. But I'll definitely be at target by next Christmas! 6 stone this year? No problemo!!! (I hope :p)

I do still have to lose what I gained over Xmas lol, so I won't be starting until I've lost 6.5lb. WI is tomorrow, and I'm hoping to have a good chunk of that gone by then!

Well done on losing 2 stones! Woohoo!

MissClumsy said:
Evening everyone, had my SF today, in the form of apples, clementines, banana, green beans, carrots, peas and sweetcorn. I also walked to and from work (15 mins each way) and rushed about all day, so that will have to do as my exercise for today! :)

Have a great evening! xx

Good sf today miss clumsy x

Bron said:
Hi

My SF today

Apples
Oranges
Pears
Super speed soup
Celery
Carrots
French beans

30 minutes on the WII fit

Bron

Well done bron... I mentioned u to hubby today.. He said randomly (and I hadn't spoken about our conversation before this conversation) that when we moved to a house (we are in a flat at the mo) he wanted to get some hens! So I told him what u told me yesterday and aid he'll be speaking to you in the next few months to discuss lol

dory78 said:
A couple of people have mentioned syns online, is that part of the sw online thing that u have to pay for? I'm going it alone but wonder if its worth the money to do it online? And do you have to renew it every few months? Or how does it work?

Hi dory..

Yes syns online comes with the online access for sw.. So you pay for your membership and get access to the syns online.. It's very useful.. I go to group now but I started online by my self.. And I paid every quarter.. It was still good just for the syns..

MissSlinky2011 said:
It was only one meal so no it wont have an impact on your weight loss. I often have meals with no superfree but have a fruit salad after, I'm not a fan of many veg as I have a throw up reflex to certain textures like tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber, yours with bits in lol the list is endless!

Me too I can only go so far with veg and if I have a salad it's got to be way more interesting than tomato, lettuce and cucumber! Thanks for all your support guys.

Roziee said:
Sf for today:

Mushrooms
Blueberries
Grapes
Melon
2 Clementines
Banana
Salad leaves
Cucumber

Very happy to talk about hens! Lol

Bron

Roziee if you don't mind me asking how much does it cost a quarter? I'd like to have access to it but don't have a lot of spare cash.

I work from home on the phones as a customer services rep for a company called sensee. It doesn't pay a huge amount but it means I can spend more time with my daughter (she's 6)

So my sf for today (and please correct me if I've got this wrong!) :
Sweetcorn
Beansprouts
Satsumas x2
Red pepper
Stirfry mix (mixed vegetables)

No exercise as yet but I'm pretty sure my bf will change that later ;)

dory78 said:
Roziee if you don't mind me asking how much does it cost a quarter? I'd like to have access to it but don't have a lot of spare cash.

I work from home on the phones as a customer services rep for a company called sensee. It doesn't pay a huge amount but it means I can spend more time with my daughter (she's 6)

So my sf for today (and please correct me if I've got this wrong!) :
Sweetcorn
Beansprouts
Satsumas x2
Red pepper
Stirfry mix (mixed vegetables)

No exercise as yet but I'm pretty sure my bf will change that later ;)

I've paid 49.50 for the quarter for group.. Not too sure whether it will be the same online tho x

Oh that's nice.. Wish I could work from home sometimes..

I've just had a quick look online and it looks like its £60 for 3 months of the bronze membership or you can pay £65 or £80 for silver or gold (silver and gold gets you 7x SW mag over the year, and gold gets you the books) Does seem a little pricy but I guess I'm used to paying WW prices which was £30 to join and then a tenner a month.

Does anyone do it solely online? Is it worth doing?

dory78 said:
I've just had a quick look online and it looks like its £60 for 3 months of the bronze membership or you can pay £65 or £80 for silver or gold (silver and gold gets you 7x SW mag over the year, and gold gets you the books) Does seem a little pricy but I guess I'm used to paying WW prices which was £30 to join and then a tenner a month.

Does anyone do it solely online? Is it worth doing?

Hi Dory,

I do it online. ... I bought the silver package and now I just pay £20 per month, so the amount as the actual classes.

I use the syns online a lot, I have thought about cancelling it but I am just scared I might go off the rails if I don't officially log my weight each week!

I actually get all the support I need from this site! :)

I am going to keep paying for the online membership for now though xx

Thanks for that sugarplum :) I'm thinking maybe I'll try going it alone for a bit cos I think that I'll get the support I need from you guys and so far I've found the syn values I need from this site which is great!

Btw the stirfry was delish! Although as my bf was preparing it I kept trying to nick the beansprouts, he moved them away so I tried to nick what I thought were red peppers but I bit into it and my mouth is still on fire several hours later as it was in fact some very hot chilies he'd been chopping up!!

Thanks for that sugarplum :) I'm thinking maybe I'll try going it alone for a bit cos I think that I'll get the support I need from you guys and so far I've found the syn values I need from this site which is great!

Btw the stirfry was delish! Although as my bf was preparing it I kept trying to nick the beansprouts, he moved them away so I tried to nick what I thought were red peppers but I bit into it and my mouth is still on fire several hours later as it was in fact some very hot chilies he'd been chopping up!!

Stirfry yum, I had one tonight too, still full lol
Dory, everyone on here will be only too willing to help out anything you need to know syn wise or anything else for that matter, there are lots of us that go to Group and have access to the online site too, so any syn value would be a simple look or in our optomising books.
If you can afford to go to Group at any time it may help, I did the online version before joining and while I lost weight with both, I find the Group actually more encouraging, along with everybody on here it's quite easy to stay focused (most of the time), also if you ever want any specific kind of recipes, myself and a number of the other girls have an extensive recipe library (I have over 1,000 SW recipes stored in a folder on my computer that I can access at any time).
I don't say good luck, so well done in advance hun xxxx

Roziee said:
Congratulations on the pregnancy.. How far along are u miss slinky?

I'm 7 weeks today :D I'm trying my best to stick to plan but the morning sickness feelings have had me reaching for crisps and sweets, I've actually been sick for the first time this morning though lol

X x

3 lbs gone

broadsbean 84lbs~ 0 lbs lost
Bron 84lbs~ 0 lbs lost
daisygrubber 84lbs -3lbs lost
dory78 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Elaine 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
emzybop 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Fatbgone 84lbs ~ 6.5 lost
Fat Stuff 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Fat & 40 84lbs - 0.5lbs lost
JaneB 84lbs ~ 2lbs lost
Karnak 84lbs -0lbs lost
Kenco 84lbs~0lbs lost
LadyFerret 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Lauratheloop 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Lily42uk 89lbs ~+5lbs
loonylamb 84lbs ~ 6lb lost
lou22lou 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Lucia Lucia 84lbs ~ 1lbs lost
marzie30 84lb ~ 0lb lost
melh 84lb ~ 3lb lost
MissClumsy 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
MissSlinky2011 ~ 0lbs lost
Nettie 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
PurpleRoses 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
rialrees 84lb ~ +5lb
Roziee 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
ShinyShimmy 84lb ~ 0lb lost
SugarPlum 84lb - 4lb lost
urbanprincess 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
Wannamakeitwork! 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Wobbly71 - 84lb

Well done on all the SF...:) Congrats Miss Slinky on your pregnancy xx Hope everyone is having a good day :)

Hi everyone,
Sorry I havent been posting I've been so busy trying to get an assignment done by tomorrow evening... should be doing it now really!
I haven't been doing any exercise I'm afraid but as soon as this assignment is in I'll be going for it.
Today my SF have been:
peppers
tomatoes
spinach
mushrooms
courgette
pineapple
melon
apple
satsuma
and I havent had my tea yet and I'm having more mushrooms and tomatoes.
Oh I nearly forgot! It was WI today and I lost 3lbs xx

Eating ok now my IBS flare up has settled so back on the superfree, gentle to start with. Todays suspects were

grapefruit
clementines x2
persimmon
salad leaves
mushroom

Keep up the great work everyone! :)

My SF today were: apples x2, clementines x2, banana, carrots, sprouts. No real exercise still (still got a horrid cough) but I managed to walk to and from work again and being a teacher I am on my feet all day long and running around so I guess that will count for something.

Have a great evening everyone, I will be back tomorrow after my WI, hopefully I will be able to report a loss! :D

Well done on ur loss nettie :)
Just had a pasta salad tea, so my sf is lining up as follows:
Melon,
Beansprouts (x a million - I love these lil guys!)
Cucumber
Green pepper
Satsumas x3
Apple
Broccoli

Only 1 lil bit of exercise today - blame the bf for that! Lol
Still a bit peckish so might have some jelly or a muller light in a bit when the little uns gone to bed.

Back