>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Thank you , think I need my coffee to get my brain working !! Tax return to do now , urgh !!

Hi guys, hope we all had a great weekend, mine was very busy - think I need another weekend to get over this one! Met my bf's brother and friends yesterday, was a little nerve wracking but ultimately a very nice day :) Tried to be as good as I good on the ole buffet, I was there as it was all being cooked so I knew what to avoid etc, had some pasta salad and some pork kebabs but did have a bit of a splurge as my bfs brothers fiancee had made a key lime pie and she kept insisting i have some and I really didn't want to seem rude having only met her an hr or so earlier so i had a small piece of that (it was VERY yummy tho!) and I did have a couple of beers but all in all I think I did reasonably ok and didn't go too overboard.

But now its time for me to go and sit in the corner and eat some (most likely) highly calorific and yucky humble pie :eek: I'm very sorry to have whinged, moaned and complained last week after I stepped on the scales early and only looked like i'd lost 0.5lbs :eek: well I stepped on the scales this morning and am extremely happy (but at the same time rather embarrassed) to report a lovely 7lbs loss, so I've updated my signature to reflect that. I'm off now to jump around for a bit and then join SW online :D

I'm not on the list:cry:

abigailsmummy 84lb~3lb lost
broadsbean 84lbs~ 4 lbs lost
Bron 84lbs~ 7.5 lost
Cariadfaith 84lbs - 0lbs lost
Cheese lover 60lbs- 5lbs lost
daisygrubber 84lbs -3lbs lost
dory78 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
ecblack 312lbs - lost 9.5lb
Elaine 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
emzybop 84lbs ~ 2.5lbs lost
Fatbgone 84lbs ~ 6.5 lost
Fat Stuff 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Fat & 40 84lbs - 1lbs lost
JaneB 84lbs ~ 1lbs lost
Karnak 84lbs -1lbs lost
Kenco 84lbs~0lbs lost
LadyFerret 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Lauratheloop 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Lily42uk 89lbs ~+5lbs
loonylamb 84lbs ~ 6lb lost
lou22lou 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Lucia Lucia 84lbs ~ 4lbs lost
marzie30 84lb ~ 0lb lost
melh 84lb ~ 3lb lost
MissClumsy 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
MissSlinky2011 ~ 0lbs lost
Mummy sarah - 3.5 lbs lost
Nettie 84lb ~ 3lbs lost
PeaceDove 84lb - 3.5 lb lost
PurpleRoses 84lb ~ 4lbs lost
rialrees 84lb ~ 0lb
Rockchick72 84lb ~ 2.5lb lost
Roziee 84lb ~ 5.5lbs lost
Sally Cinnamon ~ 84lb 0lb lost
SarahCroz ~ 84lb 0lb lost
ShinyShimmy 84lb ~ 0lb lost
Size 16 Will Do - 84lb
SugarPlum 84lb - 4lb lost
urbanprincess 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
vickidyers 84lb ~ 8.5lbs lost
Wannamakeitwork! 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
yvonne31 841b ~ 0lbs lost

there you go xxx

Last edited:
But now its time for me to go and sit in the corner and eat some (most likely) highly calorific and yucky humble pie :eek: I'm very sorry to have whinged, moaned and complained last week after I stepped on the scales early and only looked like i'd lost 0.5lbs :eek: well I stepped on the scales this morning and am extremely happy (but at the same time rather embarrassed) to report a lovely 7lbs loss, so I've updated my signature to reflect that. I'm off now to jump around for a bit and then join SW online :D

WHOOOOOOT! Well done dory! And don't worry about 'whingeing' at all - we all do it from time to time. It just goes to show how unreliable (unfriendly, mean, horrible and downright evil) those scales can be ;) I'm so chuffed for you - congratulations!

I'm not on the list:cry:

Well we'd better sort that out then :p People can fall off from time to time, I'm really sorry Yvonne but I'm not sure if you've posted any losses yet, so I'll just put you down with normal numbers for now. If that's not right, just copy and paste it and correct it :)

((EDIT: Bean beat me to it :p ))

Welcome to all the new faces:).Some fab losses going on!!! 1.5lbs off for me very happy with that as i'm still getting rid of my xmas gain.So then i can update my losses:).Happy Monday everyone!! x

Hoping to add a loss to the list tomorrow evening. The last day or so I haven't been great with my superfree, but I haven't been pigging out, either... Today I've cooked up a batch of soup that'll help me get those superfree into me!

My 7lbs loss got lost in there somewhere :)

Bron 84lbs~ 7.5 lost
dory78 84lbs ~ 7lbs lost
Elaine 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
JaneB 84lbs ~ 1lbs lost
Karnak 84lbs -1lbs lost
Kenco 84lbs~0lbs lost
Lily42uk 89lbs ~+5lbs
marzie30 84lb ~ 0lb lost
melh 84lb ~ 3lb lost
Nettie 84lb ~ 3lbs lost
rialrees 84lb ~ 0lb
Size 16 Will Do - 84lb

Hi havent been on here for a while but im back and would love to join your group i have 6 stone to lose in all, i have joined the gym and started doing slimming world again at home, look forward to chatting with you all some more xx

Bron 84lbs~ 7.5 lost
dory78 84lbs ~ 7lbs lost
Elaine 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
JaneB 84lbs ~ 1lbs lost
Karnak 84lbs -1lbs lost
Kenco 84lbs~0lbs lost
Lily42uk 89lbs ~+5lbs
marzie30 84lb ~ 0lb lost
melh 84lb ~ 3lb lost
Nettie 84lb ~ 3lbs lost
rialrees 84lb ~ 0lb
Size 16 Will Do - 84lb
paulabeard ~84lbs ~ 0lbs lost

Just making sure paula doesnt drop off the now hugely extended list ;)

Welcome to the group! xxx

Bron 84lbs~ 7.5 lost
dory78 84lbs ~ 7lbs lost
Elaine 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
JaneB 84lbs ~ 1lbs lost
Karnak 84lbs -1lbs lost
Kenco 84lbs~0lbs lost
Lily42uk 89lbs ~+5lbs
marzie30 84lb ~ 0lb lost
melh 84lb ~ 3lb lost
Nettie 84lb ~ 3lbs lost
paulabeard~84lb~0lbs lost
rialrees 84lb ~ 0lb
Size 16 Will Do - 84lb

Hello all,
Well failing miserably with my water intake, not exercising....but I do have a broken ankle so I can be forgiven..and have not been brilliant with my SF either!! I also drank rater a lot of red wine on Saturday night, other than that feel like I am keeping on track....even with a hangover on Sunday, always my downfall, could eat for england when I'm hungover....and all the wrong things too!! I noticed a few people have problems with sports bra's...I'm an E cup so have struggled in the past but have discovered an online shop called Boobydoo....the name made me smile too!! I ordered the Freya sports bra and it's brilliant, very unflattering but thoses babies aren't moving in that beast!!
I thought it might be nice to get to know a little bit about each other as we are going to be supporting each other for some months to come.
I'll start shall I?
My name is Clare my screen name is peacedove because I have a tattoo of Picasso's peace dove on my wrist. I am 41 (how did that happen?) and have three adult children aged 22,21 and 18 and a lovely three year old grandaughter (should have had my son's willy laminated when adolesences struck...they never listen do they!!) and have been with my partner for 11 yrs but have only been living together for the last three. I work in the Performing Arts department of a local college, I worked as a dancer when I first left school (was thin and fit once!) but once I had my children I became a youth worker and worked in community arts. I now deliver all of the pastoral care and personal development input in the department...and I love it!!
I have just been invited to a dear friends wedding in march and am hoping I can get myself into a lovely size 18 dress I bought last year that I have never worn because it doesn't fit...in fact I couldn't send it back because I broke the bloody zip...how embarassing. I'm in a size 20 at the moment but this is a dress that was made to an old 1950's pattern so is nearer a generous 16...we'll it's something to aim for and if not I have the same dress in a different (but not as interesting) fabric in a size 20.
Anyway burbled on for long enough, look forward to getting to know you all better.
Big love
Clare.

Welcome to the board Paula and other newbies :) (I say that like I'm an old member! haha!) Anyway, I've just joined SW online and finding it quite useful so far, my only complaint would be that when you put your items in for, say, your lunch it doesn't separate it with breakfast lunch and dinner. I've just put in all my food items for the day including what I'm having for tea and it just lumps it all together so if I were to look back at it next week or something I would have no idea what I've actually had meals wise just that I've had items xyz at some point during the day. I have a paper diary as well but I'll be honest I do find the online one a lot easier to do as it will automatically give you the syns values so saves having to look them up. Cheated a little bit as I entered my starting weight from last week so, assuming I don't gain any this week :eek: I'll have a nice big loss next week on my online doodad and get at least one little award :D hehe

Good idea Clare (and LOL dory - sneaky! I'd probably do the same though lol!)

Hello, my name is Ria, I live in South Wales, and I am addicted to collecting SW Stickers :p

No, seriously, whenever I get a new one I do this little bouncy thing. . . it's not attractive. . .

Anyway! I joined SW in mid 2010, lost 3 1/2 stone by Christmas 2010 and then put a stone on again throughout 2011. I kept going to group all year, putting on, losing, putting on, losing. By the end of December I decided I needed a break (I'd gone every single week up until that point, didn't even take a week off for my birthday!) I returned to the plan this month, having only gained about 5 lbs, which was a wonderful result in all honesty. I'm determined to get that stone off again and get a new sticker! I was so close to that 4 stone, it hurts :(

I want to lose weight for all the usual reasons. Clothes, health, daughter, confidence etc etc. I got kick started in 2010 (a few months after my daughter was born) because of one night. I was eating some home-made ice cream... well okay I was eating a pint of home-made ice cream (breastfeeding did funny things to me) and my husband turned to me and said, very gently and lovingly "I'm worried about your health."

That kicked me right in the gonads, so started SW that week :) I'm trying my best this month to remember that feeling I had when I first joined. The optimism of it all, feeling like nothing was taboo, I had so much freedom. I'm off to a good start, so time will tell :)

Here's hoping I get that next sticker by spring ;)

Well I've never done sw before so its kinda new to me, but also up until Jan last year id always dieted with someone, either my mum when I lived at home or the past 9 years my (soon to be ex) husband. So I'm kinda going it alone for the first time. I can still talk to my mum about it obviously and I do have a bf now but we don't live together, so well Idk it just seems different this time round but I'm hoping that's a good thing and I'll finally lose it for the last time!

well done for starting, i find it easier on my own as ppl iv dont it with in the past stop coming so it gives me a bit of a knock down! and as your partner isnt yet living with you you can buy the things you need with out buying tempting treats for the other half :) slimming word is fab. its not so much a diet but a healthy way of eating... what other diet allows you to eat chocolate!!! good luck with your loss. oh and this site is amazing.. tracker and everything! im well impressed :D

dory78 said:
My 7lbs loss got lost in there somewhere :)

Bron 84lbs~ 7.5 lost
dory78 84lbs ~ 7lbs lost
Elaine 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Fatbgone 84lbs ~ 8.5 lost
JaneB 84lbs ~ 1lbs lost
Karnak 84lbs -1lbs lost
Kenco 84lbs~0lbs lost
Lily42uk 89lbs ~+5lbs
marzie30 84lb ~ 0lb lost
melh 84lb ~ 3lb lost
Nettie 84lb ~ 3lbs lost
rialrees 84lb ~ 0lb
Size 16 Will Do - 84lb

Yay lost 2 !! My small goal now is to loose 6.5lb in 3 weigh ins ready for my 25th.. come on!

dory78 said:
Hi guys, hope we all had a great weekend, mine was very busy - think I need another weekend to get over this one! Met my bf's brother and friends yesterday, was a little nerve wracking but ultimately a very nice day :) Tried to be as good as I good on the ole buffet, I was there as it was all being cooked so I knew what to avoid etc, had some pasta salad and some pork kebabs but did have a bit of a splurge as my bfs brothers fiancee had made a key lime pie and she kept insisting i have some and I really didn't want to seem rude having only met her an hr or so earlier so i had a small piece of that (it was VERY yummy tho!) and I did have a couple of beers but all in all I think I did reasonably ok and didn't go too overboard.

Wtg dory fantastic loss and i think you did really well at the buffet x

Hi everyone, still loving this thread so much! :)

I agree that we should get to know each other a bit better, so by way of introductions I'm Emmey, but everyone calls me Emz. My screen name is Miss Clumsy, as that is me in a nut shell... I'm forever falling over, banging into things, covered in bruises on a regular basis. I'm a secondary school teacher and it was my beautiful tutor group who started calling me Miss Clumsy and it kind of stuck! :) I'm 35 (seriously, how did THAT happen??!!) and I haven't got any kids (I have PSOS so can't conceive) but I have two lovely cats who are like my babies. To be honest, as a teacher I get enough of kids during the day!! :)

I've been with my OH for over 15 years now, and we met when we both lived abroad. We're not married, but hey, if it's not broken don't fix it, right? We are happy the way we are, which is cool.

I started putting on a serious amount of weight when I lost my Nan and my Mum within 18 months of each other a few years ago, and I have finally decided to do something about it. Both my Mum and Nan would be so cross with me, if they knew I wasted my life away feeling miserable about the way I look! So far I've lost 2 stone and have another 7-8 stone to go, and it is with the help of you guys and this site that I've managed to do so well.

That turned out a bit longer than I had planned, sorry about that guys! :D

Have a great evening, xxx

Oh I like the idea of getting to know each other.
I'm Sarah I am 39 and have dieted for as long as I can remember. I was a perfectly normal child until about 9 or 10 I think when I started to put weight on. It remember being teased at school but I did lots of dance so was just a bit chubby. I was probably about 9.5 stone when I was 18 and in retrospect was fine but didn't realise and then starts the cycle of dieting being deprived and then regaining. I did lots of different diets and discovered sw about 9 years ago but didn't stick to it. Usual stuff I'm too busy etc.
I am married with a lovely hubby who also needs to lose a fair amount. No kids but 2 ancient cats and a gorgeous springer cross girl.
Something happened in January as this year I am 40. I have finally got my head in the right place.
Vices are good food and wine.....mostly the wine.
I think this thread is great and so nice to be surrounded by people in the same position who understand.
Oh and I have promised myself a Vivienne Westwood dress for my 40th

Back