>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Hey ria.. thats still very good! I put on a stone in 3 months!

Vicky so sorry to hear that :( I hope u will be getting a nice redundancy pay out. Lots of hugs and thoughts with u x

Hello all,

I know I am a bit late to the thread, but could I join in please? I've lost three stone so far and would love to lose another six this year. I get married in June and want to lose the first three by then.

Have we a list of the members and losses somewhere? I shall look for it and add myself if that is ok!

CB

correction... I was an electrical engineer, was given two weeks notice this morning..... I wonder if I can go back to modelling!!!??? Maybe not at nearly 16 stone

:cry:

Oh Vicki - I'm sorry :cry: If I can do anything to help please shout me (and I mean that!!!) I spend every day helping people into work. If you want help with CVs/ Cover letters etc, etc, I am more than happy to help :bighug:

PS... the doctor has signed me off for another two weeks :eek::, so I do have the time at the moment too xxx :girlpower:

Just wondering what everyone does for breakfast? I'm struggling a bit as previously I used to have Special K with skimmed milk for brekkie (have done for years!) but obviously its classed as a syn so would like to try something either syn free or very low syn. I do like porridge but currently only have Ready Brek in the house which I'm not sure would count as my healthy b for the day. Anyone got any suggestions? Or any tips for which porridge i could use? Unfortunately I don't have a huge amount of time in the mornings so massive fry ups are out!

We have either:

2 x weetabix and skimmed milk (HEA & B) with chopped banana (syn free)
or
Half a melon filled with berries & either Fat Free Yoghurt or Fromage Frais (syn free) or add Shredded Wheat Bitesize (HEB) for a crunchy treat
or
Scrambled/ fried/ or poached egg on 2 x wholemeal toast (HEB)
or
"Magic Porridge" (Pour the porridge oats and FF flavoured yoghurt of choice into something like a sandwich container & seal lid, pop in the fridge overnight, either eat cold or heat in microwave in morning for yummy variation...... (and syn free but used HEB)

But we do have fry ups too!!! xx

Which porridge do you use urbanprincess? I love the idea of magic porridge unfortunately at present I don't own a microwave (haven't done since i moved out last January)

And I've just remembered if mine and the bfs 7 mth anniversary today so I was thinking of treating him to a chinese - any suggestions on whats best for me? or is it a case of steer clear!! lol

I NEVER have time to eat in the morning (mainly coz I HATE mornings and leave it to the last possible second to get out of bed :p) so I have been grabbing 2 alpen light bars as my healthy extra b :)

p.s i have 6 stone and a bit to lose so can I be added :)

You could make a mean sweet & sour stir fry if you're up for cooking it, if take out is your option - do boiled rice instead of egg fried, and go for the drier dishes if possible. stay away from sweet and sour takeaway, or you may regret it lol! can't remember what i used to have from the takeaway though tbh.....

Have beef and mushroom and boiled rice from the Chinese for 4.5 syns x x x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins x x x

Evening Everyone

Day Ten of SW and still on plan!

I weighed on day one but haven't had the opportunity to get to Boot's again... So whilst I haven't recorded a weight loss, I am definitely still here!

Actually really pleased I haven't rushed off to get weighed as I really want to make this about changing my life, reeducating my taste buds and becoming healthy. I don't want to consider myself as on a diet although I will be grateful of weight loss I really don't want that to be my only measurement of success!

I have been know previously to be in the habit of jumping on and off the scales two or three times a day... So this is real progress!

So far today have failed water challenge and exercise challenge but had required SF!

Hope everyone is ok today!

Hiya ladies, can i join you? Ive got 6 stone to lose and joined sw yesterday!

Xx

CurvyBride said:
Hello all,

I know I am a bit late to the thread, but could I join in please? I've lost three stone so far and would love to lose another six this year. I get married in June and want to lose the first three by then.

Have we a list of the members and losses somewhere? I shall look for it and add myself if that is ok!

CB

Hey CB.. Never too late to join x

urbanprincess said:
PS... the doctor has signed me off for another two weeks :eek::, so I do have the time at the moment too xxx :girlpower:

Oh no :( feel better soon Hun x

LoopyLoo15 said:
Hi there, i have 6 to lose too eeeek, can i join please? :cry:

Of course, welcome to the gang loo x

dory78 said:
Just wondering what everyone does for breakfast? I'm struggling a bit as previously I used to have Special K with skimmed milk for brekkie (have done for years!) but obviously its classed as a syn so would like to try something either syn free or very low syn. I do like porridge but currently only have Ready Brek in the house which I'm not sure would count as my healthy b for the day. Anyone got any suggestions? Or any tips for which porridge i could use? Unfortunately I don't have a huge amount of time in the mornings so massive fry ups are out!

urbanprincess said:
We have either:

2 x weetabix and skimmed milk (HEA & B) with chopped banana (syn free)
or
Half a melon filled with berries & either Fat Free Yoghurt or Fromage Frais (syn free) or add Shredded Wheat Bitesize (HEB) for a crunchy treat
or
Scrambled/ fried/ or poached egg on 2 x wholemeal toast (HEB)
or
"Magic Porridge" (Pour the porridge oats and FF flavoured yoghurt of choice into something like a sandwich container & seal lid, pop in the fridge overnight, either eat cold or heat in microwave in morning for yummy variation...... (and syn free but used HEB)

But we do have fry ups too!!! xx

I have cheese scones made by smash- look the recipe up on the forum. They're yum and I have them instead of toast in the morning with scrambled eggs and beans...

I've never tried the magic porridge but very interested in trying it..

Princess, can I use any ff yogurt? I eat the activia ones.. And how much yogurt is required for one sachet of oats so simple? X

Angie_b said:
I NEVER have time to eat in the morning (mainly coz I HATE mornings and leave it to the last possible second to get out of bed :p) so I have been grabbing 2 alpen light bars as my healthy extra b :)

p.s i have 6 stone and a bit to lose so can I be added :)

I used to eat a lot of Allen light bars in the beginning of sw.. They made me windy.. A lot lol

Wannamakeitwork! said:
Evening Everyone

Day Ten of SW and still on plan!

I weighed on day one but haven't had the opportunity to get to Boot's again... So whilst I haven't recorded a weight loss, I am definitely still here!

Actually really pleased I haven't rushed off to get weighed as I really want to make this about changing my life, reeducating my taste buds and becoming healthy. I don't want to consider myself as on a diet although I will be grateful of weight loss I really don't want that to be my only measurement of success!

I have been know previously to be in the habit of jumping on and off the scales two or three times a day... So this is real progress!

So far today have failed water challenge and exercise challenge but had required SF!

Hope everyone is ok today!

Aww, well done sweetheart.. Proud of u for not scale jumping...

X

clairem87 said:
Hiya ladies, can i join you? Ive got 6 stone to lose and joined sw yesterday!

Xx

Hey Claire.. Welcome aboard :) x

Yay, just back from WI and I have lost 4 and 1/2 pounds.:clap: Just 1 and 1/2 next week and I am down in the 16st something.:fingerscrossed:

Which porridge do you use urbanprincess? I love the idea of magic porridge unfortunately at present I don't own a microwave (haven't done since i moved out last January)

We just use cheap boring own brand porridge oats.... nothing special, but that's good cos it means there's nothing added!!! ;)

Ok so I had my weigh, a few too many syns the past two days but still a 1.5lbs loss!!!

abigailsmummy 84lb~3lb lost
broadsbean 84lbs~ 4 lbs lost
Bron 84lbs~ 7.5 lost
Cariadfaith 84lbs - 0lbs lost
Cheese lover 60lbs- 5lbs lost
daisygrubber 84lbs -3lbs lost
dory78 84lbs ~ 7lbs lost
ecblack 312lbs - lost 9.5lb
Elaine 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
emzybop 84lbs ~ 2.5lbs lost
Fatbgone 84lbs ~ 8.5 lost
Fat Stuff 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Fat & 40 84lbs - 1lbs lost
JaneB 84lbs ~ 1lbs lost
Karnak 84lbs -1lbs lost
Kenco 84lbs~0lbs lost
LadyFerret 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Lauratheloop 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Lily42uk 89lbs ~+5lbs
loonylamb 84lbs ~ 6lb lost
lou22lou 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Lucia Lucia 84lbs ~ 4lbs lost
marzie30 84lb ~ 0lb lost
melh 84lb ~ 3lb lost
MissClumsy 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
MissSlinky2011 ~ 0lbs lost
Mummy sarah - 3.5 lbs lost
Nettie 84lb ~ 3lbs lost
PeaceDove 84lb - 3.5 lb lost
PurpleRoses 84lb ~ 4lbs lost
rialrees 84lb ~ 0lb
Rockchick72 84lb ~ 2.5lb lost
Roziee 84lb ~ 5.5lbs lost
Sally Cinnamon ~ 84lb 0lb lost
SarahCroz ~ 84lb 0lb lost
ShinyShimmy 84lb ~ 0lb lost
Size 16 Will Do - 84lb
SugarPlum 84lb - 4lb lost
urbanprincess 84lb ~ 6.5lbs lost
vickidyers 84lb ~ 8.5lbs lost
Wannamakeitwork! 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
yvonne31 841b ~ 0lbs lost

Thank you! Look forward to seeing everyone lose the weight this time :) xxxx

abigailsmummy 84lb~3lb lost
broadsbean 84lbs~ 4 lbs lost
Bron 84lbs~ 7.5 lost
Cariadfaith 84lbs - 0lbs lost
Cheese lover 60lbs- 5lbs lost
daisygrubber 84lbs -3lbs lost
dory78 84lbs ~ 7lbs lost
ecblack 312lbs - lost 9.5lb
Elaine 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
emzybop 84lbs ~ 2.5lbs lost
Fatbgone 84lbs ~ 8.5 lost
Fat Stuff 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Fat & 40 84lbs - 1lbs lost
JaneB 84lbs ~ 1lbs lost
Karnak 84lbs -1lbs lost
Kenco 84lbs~0lbs lost
LadyFerret 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Lauratheloop 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Lily42uk 89lbs ~+5lbs
loonylamb 84lbs ~ 6lb lost
lou22lou 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Lucia Lucia 84lbs ~ 4lbs lost
marzie30 84lb ~ 0lb lost
melh 84lb ~ 3lb lost
MissClumsy 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
MissSlinky2011 ~ 0lbs lost
Mummy sarah - 3.5 lbs lost
Nettie 84lb ~ 3lbs lost
PeaceDove 84lb - 3.5 lb lost
PurpleRoses 84lb ~ 4lbs lost
rialrees 84lb ~ 0lb
Rockchick72 84lb ~ 2.5lb lost
Roziee 84lb ~ 8lbs lost
Sally Cinnamon ~ 84lb 0lb lost
SarahCroz ~ 84lb 0lb lost
ShinyShimmy 84lb ~ 0lb lost
Size 16 Will Do - 84lb
SugarPlum 84lb - 4lb lost
urbanprincess 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
vickidyers 84lb ~ 8.5lbs lost
Wannamakeitwork! 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
yvonne31 841b ~ 0lbs lost

Yvonne31 said:
Yay, just back from WI and I have lost 4 and 1/2 pounds.:clap: Just 1 and 1/2 next week and I am down in the 16st something.:fingerscrossed:

Well dome Yvonne and princess..

Sorry. Updated the list just as u did.. Could u update the new list with my loss please? X

Back