>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Grrrrr today is my first day back at Uni after the Christmas break!

I am in year three of a day release degree and attend Bristol UWE which is 100 miles from my house!

I know today is gonna be hard as left the house at 6.30 won't be home before 8.30.... Find driving really tiring and will struggle to stay motivated to the plan.

So I have quickly slipped on here to grab some of your positive thoughts and motivation! DON'T PANIC I am only borrowing them and will return them tonight - everyone have a good day.

Cathy

Argh! All my positivity is gone! lol jk - borrowing is fine. But I've got you on the clock :p

Wk17 (11.1.12) - 3.5 off! Back on track

Weigh to go!!! (did you see what I did there??!!!!) (Gonna be a long day!!!! ;)

Oh I see What You did thar! Gratz hun x

3 lb loss for me - whoot!

bigailsmummy 84lb~3lb lost
broadsbean 84lbs~ 4 lbs lost
Bron 84lbs~ 7.5 lost
Cariadfaith 84lbs - 2lbs lost
Cheese lover 60lbs- 5lbs lost
daisygrubber 84lbs -3lbs lost
dory78 84lbs ~ 7lbs lost
ecblack 312lbs - lost 9.5lb
Elaine 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Emmey1 84lbs - 3.5lbs lost
emzybop 84lbs ~ 2.5lbs lost
Fatbgone 84lbs ~ 8.5 lost
Fat Stuff 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Fat & 40 84lbs - 1lbs lost
JaneB 84lbs ~ 1lbs lost
Karnak 84lbs -2.5lbs lost
Kenco 84lbs~0lbs lost
LadyFerret 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Lauratheloop 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Lily42uk 89lbs ~+5lbs
loonylamb 84lbs ~ 6lb lost
lou22lou 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Lucia Lucia 84lbs ~ 4lbs lost
marzie30 84lb ~ 0lb lost
melh 84lb ~ 3lb lost
MissClumsy 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
MissSlinky2011 ~ 1lbs lost
Mummy sarah - 3.5 lbs lost
Nettie 84lb ~ 3lbs lost
PeaceDove 84lb - 3.5 lb lost
PurpleRoses 84lb ~ 4lbs lost
rialrees 84lb ~ 3lbs lost
Rockchick72 84lb ~ 2.5lb lost
Roziee 84lb ~ 8lbs lost
Sally Cinnamon ~ 84lb 0lb lost
SarahCroz ~ 84lb 0lb lost
ShinyShimmy 84lb ~ 0lb lost
Size 16 Will Do - 84lb
SugarPlum 84lb - 4lb lost
urbanprincess 84lb ~ 6.5lbs lost
vickidyers 84lb ~ 8.5lbs lost
Wannamakeitwork! 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
yvonne31 841b ~ 0lbs lost

Hi, I would love to join this challenge. I am joining my local slimming world group this evening and would love to lose 6 stone this year.

i know my ticker says 77 lbs to go but that was made last year and unfortunatly i have gained weight since then. Will update when i get my official weight at group tonight.

Bron 84lbs~ 7.5 lost
dory78 84lbs ~ 7lbs lost
Elaine 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
JaneB 84lbs ~ 1lbs lost
Kenco 84lbs~0lbs lost
Lily42uk 89lbs ~+5lbs
loonylamb 84lbs ~ 6lb lost
marzie30 84lb ~ 0lb lost
melh 84lb ~ 3lb lost
Nettie 84lb ~ 3lbs lost
Roziee 84lb ~ 8lbs lost
Size 16 Will Do - 84lb
Charmelz 84lb ~ 0lbs lost

i know my ticker says 77 lbs to go but that was made last year and unfortunatly i have gained weight since then. Will update when i get my official weight at group tonight.

Good luck with WI tonight!!!! :D

MissSlinky2011 said:
The syns aren't just for the cheese though are they hun, its for the dough and olive oil and other things that are involved in a pizza. Personally my weight loss is so important I would count the full 25 syns, have a great night knowing I was in control of what I was having and have my healthy extra aswell - but its your journey and your choice but for me that's a cheat. Sorry just trying to help and give my honest Opinion.

X x x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins x x x

That's true.. No please don't apologise! The geek in me was trying to work out whose logic was right lol x

I'll flexible syn tonight x

Bron 84lbs~ 7.5 lost
dory78 84lbs ~ 7lbs lost
Elaine 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
JaneB 84lbs ~ 1lbs lost
Kenco 84lbs~0lbs lost
Lily42uk 89lbs ~+5lbs
loonylamb 84lbs ~ 7lb lost
marzie30 84lb ~ 0lb lost
melh 84lb ~ 3lb lost
Nettie 84lb ~ 3lbs lost
Roziee 84lb ~ 8lbs lost
Size 16 Will Do - 84lb
Charmelz 84lb ~ 0lbs lost

I've updated mine as last week I put on a 1lb so had lost 5lb in total and this morning at WI I've lost 2lb so that means 7lb in total.

well done on all the losses girls I'm trying to keep up with the water superfree and exercise and i'm slowly working my way towards doing all of them every day

urbanprincess said:
Wk17 (11.1.12) - 3.5 off! Back on track

Weigh to go!!! (did you see what I did there??!!!!) (Gonna be a long day!!!! ;)

Comedy genius :) lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Grrrrr today is my first day back at Uni after the Christmas break!

I am in year three of a day release degree and attend Bristol UWE which is 100 miles from my house!

I know today is gonna be hard as left the house at 6.30 won't be home before 8.30.... Find driving really tiring and will struggle to stay motivated to the plan.

So I have quickly slipped on here to grab some of your positive thoughts and motivation! DON'T PANIC I am only borrowing them and will return them tonight - everyone have a good day.

Cathy

I did my part-time Beng at UWE - it was only 60 miles for me though. I know what a long day it is and in the canteen there it's not always easy to make the healthiest choice! Best of luck x

Hi there, I'd like to join in too. I only joined the forum on Monday & have only just found this thread. I have 6 stone to lose too. I'm not on Slimming World though, just trying to regulate my eating patterns, improve what I'm eating and increase my activity at the moment!

Is there a current challenge?

Ugh - just got back from town, think this must qualify for my exercise for the day, carried a bedside chest home from Argos apparently weighing 13kgs :eek: my arms feel all wibbly and I'm shattered!!! Had my bf with me and made him carry home my new microwave, so yay I now own a microwave!!

Roziee said:
That's true.. No please don't apologise! The geek in me was trying to work out whose logic was right lol x

I'll flexible syn tonight x

I just think that to protect your weighloss and to make sure you have a great night just flexi syn, when we have all reached our goal weight we will be making the choice to have a pizza with our friends one day - the point of slimming world is to teach us that we can enjoy a pizza or a chocolate cake or a night out and that there is no harm in doing that - just to acknowledge the extra calories and know that we are in control :)

It's when we pretend there are fewer syns or calories in something or that we can trade this for that, that we fall back into bad habits and its a slippery slope back to where we started and you are obviously commited and working hard to reach your goal its best to train yourself good habits now because slimming world is about changing how we treat and use food. It's not a diet :D

X x x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins x x x

Hi peeps!

Wow what a busy thread!

The " update list" is getting lost in the chat. Is it an idea to have a thread for the update list?

I braved the pool and did aqua aerobics today, loved it but totally knackered!

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Here's a thought (don't know if this would work but worth a go!) How about someone on the first page edit's their post to include the most up to date list and then once a day or every couple of days they would need to re-update their post to include that days weighers? As I said just a thought cos its quite a bit of work involved but it would keep the list on the front page

correction... I was an electrical engineer, was given two weeks notice this morning..... I wonder if I can go back to modelling!!!??? Maybe not at nearly 16 stone

:cry:

Oh noooo- how long have you worked there?

Just wondering what everyone does for breakfast? I'm struggling a bit as previously I used to have Special K with skimmed milk for brekkie (have done for years!) but obviously its classed as a syn so would like to try something either syn free or very low syn. I do like porridge but currently only have Ready Brek in the house which I'm not sure would count as my healthy b for the day. Anyone got any suggestions? Or any tips for which porridge i could use? Unfortunately I don't have a huge amount of time in the mornings so massive fry ups are out!

Sometime if I am short of time I have a banana and a Hifi bar

Fruit and 0% greek yogurt

Oats so simple or dorset porridge sachets

I like the new All bran golden crunch

Well off to class soon

I have had a horrible sickness bug (and the other end - ss tmi) so I am sure I will have a great loss but having not eaten anything yesterday and just a bit of toast today I feel like a bit of a fraud

Well off to WE this evening, have stuck to plan...didn't let a free lunch at a meeting scupper me, had an egg sandwich, counted the bread as a b choice and some fruit for afters!! Did have quite a few glasses of red wine on Saturdat though. To be honest I would struggle to obstain completely but have cut down to a few drinks once a week rather than a few drinks a few nights of the week!! I will see what effect this has on my continued weight loss and will try to stick to vodka or gin with a slimline mixer....the wine was left over from Christmas though and couldn't justify going out to buy a bottle!! Does this make me sound like an old soak?!! I am always good with my syns, rarely have more than 5 per day and always have at least a couple of days a week when I don't use any. I really don't feel I need them when I've eaten all my SF and have filled up on all the free food!! I know you shouldn't "save up" like this and I should just consider it flexible syns but surely It has to have an effect on the old scales!!
Big love
Clare.

I've been on site here for 17 years, but changed company nearly 4 years ago - so any redundancy will be peanuts! But on the bright side - I may have already found a job ;)
Fabulous!!!! :happy096::patback::girlpower::winner: :thankyouthankyou: :0clapper: (Especially in THIS economic climate :cry:)

Sometime if I am short of time I have a banana and a Hifi bar

Fruit and 0% greek yogurt

Oats so simple or dorset porridge sachets

I like the new All bran golden crunch
Forgive me for being stupid, but in the new book and on the website I can no longer see the Oats So Simple sachets.... only as a syn (even the Original is 5 syns.... EEEeeeeEEEEkkkkk)

PLEASE shout me if I'm wrong!!!!! ;)

Back