>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

I know that feeling :( doesn't help its absolutely bucketing it down today :(

Your right there Dory :), I have just noticed all your challenges, hope you don't mind I am going pinch some of your ideas for mini goals to set for myself :D xx

Slimming world head office says this is a food cheat and has to be syns, as does using smash as pastry. Smash is designed to be mashed potato substitute any other use is a syn :/

Wouldn't have been worth it to me before but now I get double hexb so wouldn't need to anyway Haha

X x x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins x x x

I think everyone has to do the plan in a way that works for them. If you think about it logically one diet plan cant fit everyone and everyone has there own way of doing it that works for them for example, I find green very hard to lose on but another person will find they lose on it.

I eat half a tin of grapefruit in juice everyday and dont syn it as it is much lower in calories than alot of free food. now thats tweeking the plan but it works for me as I am sure it helps my weightloss. In fact I had a STS this week and guess what, I'd run out of grapefruit this week.In 20 weeks, ive lost over 60 lbs so whatever i'm doing is working for ME and thats what the OP is finding with the scones. We all have to work out what works for us and keeping on pointing out the syns isnt always helpful.

If it's not affecting her weightloss and she has found what works for her then good on her:D

I also have a bread problem with PCOS and have to be really careful so do understand avoiding bread.

We are all different, have diferent bodies and needs :D

MrsLisaMarie said:
Hi can you please change my loss to 7.5lbs as I had my first weigh in on Tuesday xx

Done :)

Grapefruit LL? I wish I could eat it.. But it's too bitter for me... Yuck lol

I think everyone has to do the plan in a way that works for them. If you think about it logically one diet plan cant fit everyone and everyone has there own way of doing it that works for them for example, I find green very hard to lose on but another person will find they lose on it.

I eat half a tin of grapefruit in juice everyday and dont syn it as it is much lower in calories than alot of free food. now thats tweeking the plan but it works for me as I am sure it helps my weightloss. In fact I had a STS this week and guess what, I'd run out of grapefruit this week.In 20 weeks, ive lost over 60 lbs so whatever i'm doing is working for ME and thats what the OP is finding with the scones. We all have to work out what works for us and keeping on pointing out the syns isnt always helpful.

If it's not affecting her weightloss and she has found what works for her then good on her:D

I also have a bread problem with PCOS and have to be really careful so do understand avoiding bread.

I agree with you, I find it hard to lose weight on Green days, I tend to lose more on Red days, so I do 4 red and 3 EE and that works for me, I also make homemade mushroom or tomoto soups, I have done from week 1, but the days I don't make it I only lose small amounts ie 0.5 or 1lb against 2 or 3lb, we all have to work out what works best for us xx

Lucia Lucia said:

Why bother paying £4.95 a week then when your just going to what you want anyway?

Doing what I felt worked for me got me fat, that's why I spend my hard earned cash going to slimming world and following there plan if your not going to follow the plan why bother? I've lost 3 stone in 3 months by following slimming world to the t. I see no point in cheats and tweaks in my opinion if your not going to do it properly don't do it at all.

And that's my opinion :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins x x x

It's obvious you're very passionate about this and congratulations on your weight loss. Following the plan to the T has worked for you :) But as you said before, everyone's journey is different. If one sees a weight loss with what they're doing then it's their prerogative how it's done.

Meatballs or chicken tandoori tonight girlies? I can't decide..

Oo miss slinky I was gonna ask before but forgot.. Will you find out the sex of the baby? :) x

Jane can I please know your mushroom soup please?x

Mushroom Soup
Low calorie cooking spray
2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
2 garlic cloves peeled and finely chopped (optional)
1 large potato, peeled and cut into 1.5cm dice
500g button or chestnut mushrooms finely chopped
1.5ltr vegetable or chicken stock
salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 tbsp very finely chopped parsley, plus extra to serve.

Serves 4 and can freeze
Takes 50minutes

Spray a non-stick saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, potatoe and mushrooms and stir-fry over a high heat for 5-6 minutes.

Add the stock and bring to the boil, cover and cook for 15-20minutes or until the vegetables are tender. season well.

Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley, using a hand-held blender or food processor, blend the soup until smooth. serve the soup sprinkled with parsley and a free mushrooms.
images

Free on EE or Green 1.5syns or Red

Oh my word, Miss Slinky! I eat half a tin of grapefruit that is less than a free food and stay with the plan to the letter otherwise and i've lost over 60lbs in 22 weeks and you ask why I bother to go to group!!!

Thats pretty harsh and I find that very upsetting.

^^^ Hun, you are going to group because you are losing weight so you got to be doing something right! Who gives two hoots if you dont syn the grapefruit. Carry on and dont worry about what anyone else thinks xx

I don't think miss slinky meant any offence although it did come across harsh.

We're all here to shift that 6 stones this year :)

Who here has a food diary? I want to become a follower :D

I don't think miss slinky meant any offence although it did come across harsh.

We're all here to shift that 6 stones this year :)

Who here has a food diary? I want to become a follower :D

Can be really difficult to get a point across in writing without it getting misinterpreted. We're all here for the same thing and some of us are going to be able to be more flexible with syns, others not. Not worth any bad feeling.

I was thinking of doing a food diary Roziee, not sure anyone will be particularly interested but might keep me motivated :)

Last edited:
I have one, and it really helps :) it's called "I'm really a skinny girl stuck in a fat girls body (!)" so come visit me people if u get the chance.

I do all my weekly food planning in there, and if I'm doing something wrong.. Someone will point me in the right direction x

Oooh anyone's welcome to follow me
- this challenge has me really going for the losses so feel free to stalk my diary :) link should be in my siggy :)

Oh that's a point - I weigh Wednesdays and put on 1lb this week - not like me to gain but I'm back on track (thanks to this challenge) and set my target to lose 4 this week - and I'll do it! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Emmey1 said:
Oooh anyone's welcome to follow me
- this challenge has me really going for the losses so feel free to stalk my diary :) link should be in my siggy :)

Oh that's a point - I weigh Wednesdays and put on 1lb this week - not like me to gain but I'm back on track (thanks to this challenge) and set my target to lose 4 this week - and I'll do it! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sorry to hear about your gain... :( yes 4lbs it's a fantastic target to go for.. X

Hey :) not late at all.. I will add you on to the list in just a sec.

Tell us a little bit about yourself x

I'm on my second week of the plan so still getting to grips with it. So far really enjoying it but haven't been very adventurous. I'm eating a lot of fruit salads and stir frys!
I'm going to do lots of cooking this weekend to get the freezer stocked up so I'm having a good look through all the recipes on here for inspiration.

Back