>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Moonstruck_Morning said:
I'm on my second week of the plan so still getting to grips with it. So far really enjoying it but haven't been very adventurous. I'm eating a lot of fruit salads and stir frys!
I'm going to do lots of cooking this weekend to get the freezer stocked up so I'm having a good look through all the recipes on here for inspiration.

Lots of fruit and veg is great so you have a better grip than u think! :)

I do all my cooking for the weekend on the weekend and freeze it so I don't get tempted to eat silly stuff during the week, saves money and keeps me on track.

What sort of things do you make and freeze? Id love to make up a load of stuff in advance.

Just had another lovely stirfry cooked by my bf, did follow it with a choccie biccie but that's the only syns I've had all day :)

Was thinking about doing a food diary but not sure I'd remember to do it all the time! Lol

lucia with weight loss like that the grapefruit obviously isn't a poblem:D

All our journeys are different and we are all going to lose in different ways everybody tweaks a little at times.
what i love about minimins is the nonjudgemental support and advice i get from here

rozie, in answer to your question i have a weight loss diary, its called how do you lose two thirds of your self.

i use it to structure my thoughts and to give me a sense of responsibility.

everybodies is welcome to say hi and join in i love feed back :D
I tend to list my food diaries and confess when i have got it wrong :break_diet:

hope evert body has a good weekend xxx

dory78 said:
What sort of things do you make and freeze? Id love to make up a load of stuff in advance.

Just had another lovely stirfry cooked by my bf, did follow it with a choccie biccie but that's the only syns I've had all day :)

Was thinking about doing a food diary but not sure I'd remember to do it all the time! Lol

I make meatballs and chicken tandoori i make every week..

Curries, pasta bake, soups are a good one, the cheese scones I freeze..

Chicken tandoori is very simple- boneless chicken, marinated in yogurt and tandoori masaalah mixed together and then bung in the oven for 30 mins or until cooked..

Delicious with egg fried rice, normal boiled rice, couscous, as a club sandwich! In pasta bakes.. With sw chips... Mash... Anything really...

broadsbean said:
lucia with weight loss like that the grapefruit obviously isn't a poblem:D

All our journeys are different and we are all going to lose in different ways everybody tweaks a little at times.
what i love about minimins is the nonjudgemental support and advice i get from here

rozie, in answer to your question i have a weight loss diary, its called how do you lose two thirds of your self.

i use it to structure my thoughts and to give me a sense of responsibility.

everybodies is welcome to say hi and join in i love feed back :D
I tend to list my food diaries and confess when i have got it wrong :break_diet:

hope evert body has a good weekend xxx

I'll become a fan beany :d x

Sorry but I need to have a venting session. Got to my bfs at about half 6 and we've barely said 2 words to each other cos apparently he's really tired which is fine. About 10 mins ago his mate arrived which is kinda normal. He watches big brother so he's put that on (bfs mate this is) then my bf has switched his football game on, so not only am I left sitting on the sofa with nothing to do as both the pc and the tv are now in use but they've not shut up since he got here - evidently my bf woke up or something! So all I've got is my phone to keep me occupied (how I'm writing this lol)
Don't get me wrong I love him to pieces but sometimes I could bloody strangle him!

Sorry vent over!

dory78 said:
Sorry but I need to have a venting session. Got to my bfs at about half 6 and we've barely said 2 words to each other cos apparently he's really tired which is fine. About 10 mins ago his mate arrived which is kinda normal. He watches big brother so he's put that on (bfs mate this is) then my bf has switched his football game on, so not only am I left sitting on the sofa with nothing to do as both the pc and the tv are now in use but they've not shut up since he got here - evidently my bf woke up or something! So all I've got is my phone to keep me occupied (how I'm writing this lol)
Don't get me wrong I love him to pieces but sometimes I could bloody strangle him!

Sorry vent over!

Grrrr!!! I'd clobber him if I was you. That's not very nice of him. You should have a word with him..

Ohhh do you cook the tandoori before you freeze it? Or how do you do it? I like the sound of that one.

dory78 said:
Ohhh do you cook the tandoori before you freeze it? Or how do you do it? I like the sound of that one.

Yeah so you make the marinate of yogurt and tandoori masaalah. You can put some lemon juice and salt but I don't.. Mix in the chicken and cook it and freeze it. I suppose you could put the marinate chicken in the freezer without cooking it but it doesn't take long to make so I'd cook it to save u some time.

I've attached a picture so u can see what it cooked like x

Attachments

• image-3696218517.jpg
    image-3696218517.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 27
I don't mean it to come across as harsh or judge mental but I don't understand why you would pay for someone's advice and then ignore it- that just doesn't make sense to me!

Yes its working now and I don't know how much you have to lose altogether but one day an extra 2 syns a day, not counting ketchup not counting marg, having tinned fruit whatever it is, one day it will slow down and stop your weighloss.

I joined slimming world to learn GOOD eating habits and to follow their advise. If I was just going to take what they said and mould it to what I felt like then for me I see no point in bothering because it means your not learning anything in the long term and when it comes down to it people who do that are the ones more likely to put all the weight back on.

I know some of you will be offended by my comments but I'm a grown woman who is entitled to an opinion. I don't care and Im not trying to change how any of you do the diet, I just know that one day it will start to effect your weight loss and then you will know I was right :)

And no I want a surprise I'm not bothered if I have a girl or boy as long as baby is healthy :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins x x x

Omg that looks lush! Oohhhh you're making me hungry! Any tips on which is a good yogurt to use? Also this may sound really thick but I'm not much of a cook, is tandoori masala just the spices you get from the supermarket ? And you just add what you want to taste?

dory78 said:
Omg that looks lush! Oohhhh you're making me hungry! Any tips on which is a good yogurt to use? Also this may sound really thick but I'm not much of a cook, is tandoori masala just the spices you get from the supermarket ? And you just add what you want to taste?
Just use plain natural 0% fat yogurt dory... Ive used the cheapy no frills yogurt and the more expensive one. The longer you leave it to marinate the better an juicier the chicken will be.

It's great just to snack on as well... :) it's yummy.

Yep- it's just spices, You can get it from a supermarket or any Asian supermarket.. Try it and let me know how you like it. Don't put too much tandoori masala in though. It'll become too spicy- unless u like spicy foods.

I do like things with a bit of a kick but not too much, think I may make a small test batch to start to get the quantities right. Again another stupid question, do you cook it on the hob or in the oven? I think maybe I need the instructions written down! Lol I'm not a very intuitive chef at all! I've always said, you know on ready steady cook (the tv show) they give the chefs a chicken breast and a turnip and they give you a 3 gourmet meal, give those ingredients to me and ud get a grilled chicken breast with a cooked turnip! Lol! I have no imagination or intuition at all!

Lol aww ok lemme put it recipe stylee..

1kg chicken boneless pieces (or breast-whichever you prefer)
2-3 tablespoons of tandoori masaalah
Ff plain yogurt 4-6 tablespoons

Mix the tandoori masaalah and yogurt
Chuck in the chicken and marinate for as long as u can. You don't have to if u don't have the time though so don't worry if u can't.
Spread on a baking tray sprayed with fry light and put in an oven for 30 mins or until cooked... I put the oven on 175 degrees not sure what gas Mark that would be and I have a fan assisted oven so just keep an eye on it.

Oh hun that's awesome I'm definitely trying that next week! Getting my shopping delivered on Monday so I'll add some ff yogurt and spices to the list.

Just saw a recipe for diet fanta chicken sounds lovely but mentioned it to the bf and he was like ewww no ta, don't mix diet pop with anything. So guess I need to do that when its just me and my daughter.

I mentioned the diet coke chicken recipe to hubby and he said the same thing! I'm tempted to make it though..

What do u normally eat during the week?

Well I'm only on week 2 of sw so not been too adventurous so far, basically pasta in various forms and stirfrys in various forms. Had a jacket potato the other night now I finally own a microwave! I'm not a good cook I will readily admit that, think I'm too lazy which has been half my problem over the years, don't have anything prepared so oh look here's the takeaway menu.

Do u like curries? I have a very simple recipe if you'd like? You can freeze it and have it during the week and all u need to learn is how to make the base and u can use whatever u want with it. Be it chicken,lamb,veg,lentils...

Bangers and mash are my saviour when I'm not in the mood to cook.. I use quoth sausages which are 1 syn each..

I don't mean it to come across as harsh or judge mental but I don't understand why you would pay for someone's advice and then ignore it- that just doesn't make sense to me!

Yes its working now and I don't know how much you have to lose altogether but one day an extra 2 syns a day, not counting ketchup not counting marg, having tinned fruit whatever it is, one day it will slow down and stop your weighloss.

I joined slimming world to learn GOOD eating habits and to follow their advise. If I was just going to take what they said and mould it to what I felt like then for me I see no point in bothering because it means your not learning anything in the long term and when it comes down to it people who do that are the ones more likely to put all the weight back on.

I know some of you will be offended by my comments but I'm a grown woman who is entitled to an opinion. I don't care and Im not trying to change how any of you do the diet, I just know that one day it will start to effect your weight loss and then you will know I was right :)

And no I want a surprise I'm not bothered if I have a girl or boy as long as baby is healthy :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins x x x

Goodness, yes, that is rather offensive.

Sometimes one size fits all isnt the be all and end all. I cant eat dairy so I dont have lots of Mullers for example as a syn free food. As a registered nurse, I do know that having half a tin of grapefruit isnt the end of the world!

Lucia... I still wanna know how u can eat grapefruit ;-)

No wonder you've done so well with your weight loss... Is the tinned version as bitter as the fresh ones?

sprinkle some splenda on!

There have been several research studies into grapefruit and weightloss

Back