>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Lucia Lucia said:
sprinkle some splenda on!

There have been several research studies into grapefruit and weightloss

That's a good idea.. Yeah I know a lot of people who have lost weight just by introducing grape fruit in to their diet..

So u have 1/2 grapefruit every morning?.. Hmmm might try it with sweetener...

Thats the thing Roziee, I have 3 young children and one is severely disabled so I cant faff to prepare a grapefruit in the morning and I have half a tin of grapefruit in juice with the juice strained off and dont syn it!

At that point I felt I was getting a severe telling off on here!

As I'm 42 next week and a nurse myself. Life has taught me alot, especially adopting 3 kids along the way. One of those things is not to sweat the small stuff, so I wont :D

Enjoy your grapefruit tinned or otherwise just dont go public!!!!

Rozie yeah we love curries - I think my 6 yr old would live on curries if she could!

Honestly any recipes would be gratefully received especially syn free ones!

Lucia Lucia said:
Thats the thing Roziee, I have 3 young children and one is severely disabled so I cant faff to prepare a grapefruit in the morning and I have half a tin of grapefruit in juice with the juice strained off and dont syn it!

At that point I felt I was getting a severe telling off on here!

As I'm 42 next week and a nurse myself. Life has taught me alot, especially adopting 3 kids along the way. One of those things is not to sweat the small stuff, so I wont :D

Enjoy your grapefruit tinned or otherwise just dont go public!!!!

So all your children are adopted? That's amazing... Why is the juice synned according to the sw rules? Because it has sugar in it?

Lol the smash made pizza is on the sw website under the members section so I was right in thinking that my cheese scones should only be synned if they are eaten as a snack. As soon as my weight loss slows down I'll look at things with a finer tooth comb but until then I believe that have an extra 2 syns really won't make a difference because it's either that or having something totally fattening and going back to my old ways. I don't syn milk in my tea because I only drink it every now and again. But it's working for me that's the main thing. It is a life style change but I'm not going to obsess over it :)

dory78 said:
Rozie yeah we love curries - I think my 6 yr old would live on curries if she could!

Honestly any recipes would be gratefully received especially syn free ones!

I have my curry recipe in my diary so I'll copy and paste if for you tomorrow when I'm on the iPad... On the hubby's phone at the moment...

But it's real quick:

Brown as soften onions with some garlic and ginger.. Chuck in a can of chopped tomatoes with the following spices:
Salt
Chilli flakes
Garam masaalah
Whole cumin seeds
A little bit of tumeric

Cook it for a bit... Chuck in the chicken and cook on high hey for 10 mins.. Lower the temperature and simmer for 15 mins... Then up high again and finish off for another 5-10 mins and add freshly chopped coriander

Completely syn free :)

because its tinned fruit it's all synned but low. If you look at the cals on the side though it's lower than alot of free food. I just choose not to syn it- thats when I got told off :D But given with what i'm dealing with in the mornings ie an 11yr old in nappies to get up for school taxi, I dont exactly have time to faff to prep a whole fruit grapefruit.

Wow I never realised so many grown women could be so sensitive over an opinion!

Whatever happened to freedom of speech and the joy of a good debate!

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins x x x

I tend to adapt alot of old fashioned recipes tbh. I have my full whack of syns and use alot on cooking with a bit of oil,sauces etc to flavour stuff. Chicken casserole with the scones on tomorrow as dumplings. We had pan fried basa fish tonight. Sunday is always a roast, pork this week. I use alot of herbs. I love spicy stuff but hubby hates it! I do a lasagne but syn the colemans cheese sauce on it and use a hex a for the milk and once divided up the syns are low but it tastes like proper lasangne if you know what I mean!

Miss slinky I have nothing against what you said. Just voicing my opinion like you did.

Guys let's not argue.. If something is working for one person good on them. If something doesn't then we'll help each other to learn the right way to do things.

Lucia Lucia said:
I tend to adapt alot of old fashioned recipes tbh. I have my full whack of syns and use alot on cooking with a bit of oil,sauces etc to flavour stuff. Chicken casserole with the scones on tomorrow as dumplings. We had pan fried basa fish tonight. Sunday is always a roast, pork this week. I use alot of herbs. I love spicy stuff but hubby hates it! I do a lasagne but syn the colemans cheese sauce on it and use a hex a for the milk and once divided up the syns are low but it tastes like proper lasangne if you know what I mean!

Yum.

Ive been trying to have 0 syn days because I went to pizza hut on Wednesday but today I've had the full lot just in the last 10 minutes.. Hi fi bar and country valley bar lol

Lucia Lucia said:
because its tinned fruit it's all synned but low. If you look at the cals on the side though it's lower than alot of free food. I just choose not to syn it- thats when I got told off :D But given with what i'm dealing with in the mornings ie an 11yr old in nappies to get up for school taxi, I dont exactly have time to faff to prep a whole fruit grapefruit.

I wasn't "telling you off" I just think there are other options to tinned, I buy ready prepared melon, grapefruit, onions and any other ready chopped fruit or veg I can find it saves so much time!

I work with special needs I understand the difficulties you must face everyday.

I'm sorry if I sounded harsh maybe its the pregnancy hormones sending me loopy. I should have just said why not go to Tesco for fresh chopped grapefruit to save on the syns of tinned.

X x x

I know what you mean about preparing a grapefruit though, I love watermelon but can't eat a whole one before it goes manky so I go to morrisons and by the halfs. I buy the pre packaged grapefruit and gala melon though. Means I can grab a box and go!

Good for 24 hour shifts!

X x x

Love watermelon.. We used to buy 10kg ones for 4 quid in the summer!!!!

Asda does the peeled and cored pineapple that we used to buy.. So quick to just chop up and eat...

Wow that's cheap! Yeah they do the chopped pineapple in our Tesco its just been made into an extra so its huge!

The only thing I can't have is ready chopped mushrooms! They look gross.

X x x

My gosh, have woken up early and had a good read through the last few days. I am going to try:Grapefruit for breakfast
The chicken tikka masala, fab picture
Mushroom soup.

I have rejoined the gym this week, well actually that's a thib, I was a member, but wasn't using it. OH threatened to stop the direct debit, so I booked a session with a trainer and had a health mot. It was a bit embarrassing having a fit young man, weigh measure me and do a finger blood test. Good results though, my blood pressure, cholesterol and sugar levels were all well within the normal range. Just BMI way too high.
I told him I was doing SW and he was impressed with my progress, booked another mot in 3 months and have a good programme to do in the mean time

Amazing losses all, well done

BRON

MissSlinky2011 said:
Wow that's cheap! Yeah they do the chopped pineapple in our Tesco its just been made into an extra so its huge!

The only thing I can't have is ready chopped mushrooms! They look gross.

X x x

Haha you're right- the mushrooms do looks a bit yucky although they have been in the house because hubby has bought them on occasion. They taste fine though..

Bron said:
My gosh, have woken up early and had a good read through the last few days. I am going to try:Grapefruit for breakfast
The chicken tikka masala, fab picture
Mushroom soup.

I have rejoined the gym this week, well actually that's a thib, I was a member, but wasn't using it. OH threatened to stop the direct debit, so I booked a session with a trainer and had a health mot. It was a bit embarrassing having a fit young man, weigh measure me and do a finger blood test. Good results though, my blood pressure, cholesterol and sugar levels were all well within the normal range. Just BMI way too high.
I told him I was doing SW and he was impressed with my progress, booked another mot in 3 months and have a good programme to do in the mean time

Amazing losses all, well done

BRON

Morning. You're up early for a Saturday! Whats the plan for today Bron?

That's excellent.. Your bmi will come down as the weight drops so at least you don't have the worry about any of the other health issues that come with being over weight.

Just had a weigh in & have just about managed to scrap a 1.4lb loss this week , that's 7.2lbs in 19 days , which considering I haven't ever been hungry , haven't had the usual diet misery or cravings for things that are usually forbidden & definitely haven't cheated at all I am quite pleased with , I can happily plod on like this indefinitely & keep enjoying delicious food & a sensible safe & healthy weight loss !!
I have had to keep checking myself & not comparing my losses to Lighterlife which at the time I did it was right for me but I have a totally different lifestyle now & I Know that this has now got to be a lifestyle change that's for good , ultimately there are NO QUICK FIXES THAT LAST and it's got to be a sustainable long term plan !
The old saying
"DO WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS DONE ,BE WHAT YOU'VE BEEN "!! So true , change really does need to be long term !!

I heard some one on Chris Evans say the other day " behold the Turtle , he only makes progress when he sticks his neck out " I like this !!

cheeselover said:
Just had a weigh in & have just about managed to scrap a 1.4lb loss this week , that's 7.2lbs in 19 days , which considering I haven't ever been hungry , haven't had the usual diet misery or cravings for things that are usually forbidden & definitely haven't cheated at all I am quite pleased with , I can happily plod on like this indefinitely & keep enjoying delicious food & a sensible safe & healthy weight loss !!
I have had to keep checking myself & not comparing my losses to Lighterlife which at the time I did it was right for me but I have a totally different lifestyle now & I Know that this has now got to be a lifestyle change that's for good , ultimately there are NO QUICK FIXES THAT LAST and it's got to be a sustainable long term plan !
The old saying
"DO WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS DONE ,BE WHAT YOU'VE BEEN "!! So true , change really does need to be long term !!

I heard some one on Chris Evans say the other day " behold the Turtle , he only makes progress when he sticks his neck out " I like this !!

That's fantastic.. So just to confirm you'd like me to update your stats with 7.2 lbs lost? That's brilliant!

Love the quote!

Which is your most favourite cheese? Hehe x

Crumbs, I don't read this thread for a whole day and it's taken me over an hour to catch up!!!! :D

I had my first green day on Thursday and thoroughly enjoyed the extra HEA & B.

Just measured myself too and recorded so I can do some "after" comparisons..... how did my waist get THAT big??!!!!! ;);)

Back