>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

urbanprincess said:
Crumbs, I don't read this thread for a whole day and it's taken me over an hour to catch up!!!! :D

I had my first green day on Thursday and thoroughly enjoyed the extra HEA & B.

Just measured myself too and recorded so I can do some "after" comparisons..... how did my waist get THAT big??!!!!! ;);)

Hey princess, I'm scared of green days.. Lol I think I'll put on a lot of weight if I had access to unlimited carbs! But loads of people lose on it so i hope it works for u too x

Hiya!

Can I join this thread?? My name is Janine and Ive just joined the site. I started Slimming World a little over a week ago and lost 5 1/2 lb in my first week, so feeling very motivated about it at the mo, but I know there will be lows and a group like this is exactly what I need. Ive got just under 6 stone to lose now and hoping I can get most of it done before I go on my summer holidays with my husband and our 4 children. Although I think I might be a little optimistic for thinking I can get it off that quickly! I can but try hey?

Wishing everybody here the very best of luck on their weight loss journey. 2012 is going to be our year!!! xxxx

Hi guys, just been catching up, didn't get a chance to come on here yesterday and had LOADS of pages to read! Well done everyone on your progress, I am having a good week so far so feeling positive for WI on Wednesday! :)

I also came off my antibiotics last night (have been on them pretty much constantly since November what with one thing or another), and it feels sooooo good to be feeling well again!! This morning I even flew out of bed and went down to the gym!! :) Well, the main attraction was probably the Turkish Baths afterwards, but at least I did 30 minutes of pretty high intensity in the gym beforehand, I am going to ache so much tomorrow! :D

Are we still doing the water, SF and exercise challenge? I have not drunk my water yet, but exercise is obviously done and I have already had 4 of my SF.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, my OH has gone to football so I have the house to myself this afternoon, lush, I'm going to catch up on my Biggest Loser episodes off the Sky box - although I am getting a bit confused now as I am following the UK, Australia and two different series of the US versions as well! :D :D

Oh, and if anyone wants to take a peek at my diary, feel free - there is a link in my signature, it's not a food diary as such, more of a general ramblings diary. ;)

xxx

woo... another too - it's very exciting!!

I think you may be surprised at how much you can lose before the summer. I have lost 4 and half stone in 6 months, I have not deprived myself of syns - just simply stuck to the plan and enjoying the food. The weight loss has slowed down a little now (as expected), so I'm now doing a little more exercise to combat that.

Best of luck on your journey Taff Lass - we're all here for the same reason and all here to help! x

Taff Lass said:
Hiya!

Can I join this thread?? My name is Janine and Ive just joined the site. I started Slimming World a little over a week ago and lost 5 1/2 lb in my first week, so feeling very motivated about it at the mo, but I know there will be lows and a group like this is exactly what I need. Ive got just under 6 stone to lose now and hoping I can get most of it done before I go on my summer holidays with my husband and our 4 children. Although I think I might be a little optimistic for thinking I can get it off that quickly! I can but try hey?

Wishing everybody here the very best of luck on their weight loss journey. 2012 is going to be our year!!! xxxx

Hey :wavey:

Of course you can..

That's a fantastic start- would you like to add your stats as -5lbs or start from this week? Let me know so I can add you onto the lost :)

Excellent attitude! When so you go away! And where are you going too? X

MissClumsy said:
Hi guys, just been catching up, didn't get a chance to come on here yesterday and had LOADS of pages to read! Well done everyone on your progress, I am having a good week so far so feeling positive for WI on Wednesday! :)

I also came off my antibiotics last night (have been on them pretty much constantly since November what with one thing or another), and it feels sooooo good to be feeling well again!! This morning I even flew out of bed and went down to the gym!! :) Well, the main attraction was probably the Turkish Baths afterwards, but at least I did 30 minutes of pretty high intensity in the gym beforehand, I am going to ache so much tomorrow! :D

Are we still doing the water, SF and exercise challenge? I have not drunk my water yet, but exercise is obviously done and I have already had 4 of my SF.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, my OH has gone to football so I have the house to myself this afternoon, lush, I'm going to catch up on my Biggest Loser episodes off the Sky box - although I am getting a bit confused now as I am following the UK, Australia and two different series of the US versions as well! :D :D

Oh, and if anyone wants to take a peek at my diary, feel free - there is a link in my signature, it's not a food diary as such, more of a general ramblings diary. ;)

xxx

Hey clumsy.. I'm glad you're feeling much better.. I feel like I've been on painkillers since September 28th when I had my op.. Have had some sort of pain since then..

I'll check your diary out :) it's always good to see what others eat (or read what others eat) to get some ideas...

vickidyers said:
woo... another too - it's very exciting!!

I think you may be surprised at how much you can lose before the summer. I have lost 4 and half stone in 6 months, I have not deprived myself of syns - just simply stuck to the plan and enjoying the food. The weight loss has slowed down a little now (as expected), so I'm now doing a little more exercise to combat that.

Best of luck on your journey Taff Lass - we're all here for the same reason and all here to help! x

4.5 stones in 6 months???? Oh my word that sooooooo good!!!!! Very jealous! Lol I hope. Do can say that at the end of June!

So I'm making my supper diary for the week.. And generally prepare for the week..

Im gonna make:
Chicken and spinach curry
Meatballs
Chicken tandoori
Salmon pate (bought some Melba toast so looking forward to having it with that)
Cheese scones (made some this morning but found another pot of cottage cheese that will go off if I dont use it up in a few days)

No idea what to eat tonight though lol

Oh I so need to sit on this forum for a good few hours and go thru all the recipes on here! Some of the stuff you guys are having sounds amazing and the most adventurous thing I have is stir fry or tuna pasta!

Oh dory you are missing out.. I made the cheesy pasta bake and put the tandoori chicken in it and it Is soooooo good! If you're not an online member then let me know and I'll post the recipe.. It's delicious.

Hey everyone:) popping on for a catch up going to read posts.Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

Hey :wavey:

Of course you can..

That's a fantastic start- would you like to add your stats as -5lbs or start from this week? Let me know so I can add you onto the lost :)

Excellent attitude! When so you go away! And where are you going too? X

Hi Roziee, yeah if you can add the -5 1/2 lbs that would be great, not a bad start even if I do say so myself!! lol

Im going to Tenerife in September, cant wait but will be very self concious if I go away the size I am at the moment so really need to use that to motivate me lol

How are you getting along?? xx

Just in... 2 bananas and some scan bran with syn free cottage cheese with pineapple... That was brunch... Sirloin steak with salad and grilled mushrooms and tomatoes for tea... Getting quite hungry thinking about it x x

Roziee said:
Oh dory you are missing out.. I made the cheesy pasta bake and put the tandoori chicken in it and it Is soooooo good! If you're not an online member then let me know and I'll post the recipe.. It's delicious.

I am an online member but only since last Monday and tbh not had a huge any of time to look at all th recipes, there's tonnes! Had a look at the snack one as tbh that's probably my downfall, not having something 'naughty' to snack on and ending up eating something proper naughty!

We're having homemade beefburgers (with a babybel cheese in the middle) s/w chips and salad tonight.
i have just made some blueberry muffins at 3.5 syns per muffin too. I can't wait for them to cool down:eat:

Help! Hubby has just suggested Nando's and as much as I want to say, "no, I'll cook" I'm not going to!! So, does anyone know syn values? I think I'll go for my usual, 1/4 chicken, spicy rice and coleslaw which I'm sure must be pretty low. I haven't had any syns yet today so have a few to play with.

SarahCroz said:
Help! Hubby has just suggested Nando's and as much as I want to say, "no, I'll cook" I'm not going to!! So, does anyone know syn values? I think I'll go for my usual, 1/4 chicken, spicy rice and coleslaw which I'm sure must be pretty low. I haven't had any syns yet today so have a few to play with.

Product Extra Easy Original Green
Spicy Rice, per serving 2½ 11 2½
Add to food diary favourites Add to Shopping List

Chicken Breast in Pitta Bread, No Mayo, per serving 19½ 19½ 19½
Chicken Breast Sandwich, No Mayo, per serving 23 23 23
Chicken Caesar Salad, per serving 11½ 11½ 23½
Chilli Wrap filled with Peri Peri Chicken with Salad, per serving 19½ 19½ 19½
Double Breasted Chicken Sandwich, No Mayo, per serving 28½ 28½ 28½
Flame Grilled Butterfly Chicken, per serving 3½ 3½ 16
Peri Peri 1/2 Flame-Grilled Chicken Breast, per serving 5½ 5½ 17½
Peri-Peri 1/4 Flame-Grilled Chicken Breast, 1 medium 6 6 17
Add to food diary favourites

Peri-Peri 1/4 Flame-Grilled Chicken Leg, 1 medium 2 2 10½
Peri-Peri Chicken Potato Chips, 150g bag, 25g serving 6½ 6½ 6½
Quarter Chicken Breast & Wing, per serving 8½ 8½ 22
Quarter Chicken Leg & Thigh, per serving 7½ 7½ 17½
Add to food diary favourites

That was quick, thank you so much! Probably go for the butterfly chicken now. I doubt the coleslaw would be more than 5 syns so I'll be ok, yay! :)

Hey princess, I'm scared of green days.. Lol I think I'll put on a lot of weight if I had access to unlimited carbs! But loads of people lose on it so i hope it works for u too x

Weirdly I ensure I don't overdo the carbs EVER- my weird logic says that when sooo many other diets reduce the carbs- I prefer to have other veg than potatoes (we also weigh our rice and pasta to between 75-100g per serving too).

I REALLY appreciate the extra HEA & B.... to be fair, it depends on what I have for breakfast- If I have a "mega melon fruit mix" or weetabix & banana I can swap to a Green day later.... as I'm still on bereavement leave I have had more flexibility.... once I'm back to work, I will need to be seriously organised!!!!

urbanprincess said:
Weirdly I ensure I don't overdo the carbs EVER- my weird logic says that when sooo many other diets reduce the carbs- I prefer to have other veg than potatoes (we also weigh our rice and pasta to between 75-100g per serving too).

I REALLY appreciate the extra HEA & B.... to be fair, it depends on what I have for breakfast- If I have a "mega melon fruit mix" or weetabix & banana I can swap to a Green day later.... as I'm still on bereavement leave I have had more flexibility.... once I'm back to work, I will need to be seriously organised!!!!

You'll be fine once your back at work.. Like you say, you just have to be organised x

Back