>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Remember the salad for your super free ... I love nando's .... Usually double chicken breast extra hot with salad and a corn cob (no butter) x x

Oohhhh nandos yim! I'm apparently having a sausage casserole with new potatoes, followed by low fat Greek yogurt with some frozen fruit (well hopefully not frozen anymore ) lol. Does that sound ok? We're using quorn sausages, and there's a shed load of veg in it like leeks, carrot, swede so there's my sf. The sauce is a colmans one but not sure on syns on that cos I'm not near my pc atm. But seems pretty good to me? Please tell me if I'm going wrong with that

Hey Dory,

the Quorn sausages are 1 syn each.. and as for the coleman sauce you will have to use the 20 calories = 1 syn rule

Is the Greek yogurt free?

Greek yogurt and natural yogurt have to be fat free to be free, favoured ones vary.

Tesco do a gorgeous natural yogurt that's low fat 2.5 syns for 500g and its so nice lol

X x x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins x x x

It was just low fat not 0%, bless him my bf is trying so hard.

dory78 said:
It was just low fat not 0%, bless him my bf is trying so hard.

Then it will probably have some syns, what make is it do you have access to sw online its all on there x

Roziee said:
Hope u enjoy your meal dory.

I didn't end up having supper. Feeling very fat at the moment :(

Me too, I need to eat smaller food more frequently, I only had soup for tea but it feels like ive had a huge Christmas dinner and I'm full to the brim!

I've managed not to throw up the soup yet though so at least I've managed something!

X x x

Hey guys, I just wanted to report that I must have had a complete moment of madness last night, as I signed up to do the Race for Life in June!! Me doing something like that, well I never!! :D

The point is, now that I have signed up I will HAVE to get myself down the gym, as I would hate to not be able to finish/take all day doing so! I know it's 'only' 5k, but even that sounds like a marathon at the moment! I did get down to the gym this morning and managed 2k on the treadmill, which I will build up over the next 5 months.

I'm super motivated, and just wanted to let you all know so that it's fully official and you can kick my butt if I'm slacking on the training! :D :D :D

Have a lovely Sunday everyone! :) xxx

MissClumsy said:
Hey guys, I just wanted to report that I must have had a complete moment of madness last night, as I signed up to do the Race for Life in June!! Me doing something like that, well I never!! :D

The point is, now that I have signed up I will HAVE to get myself down the gym, as I would hate to not be able to finish/take all day doing so! I know it's 'only' 5k, but even that sounds like a marathon at the moment! I did get down to the gym this morning and managed 2k on the treadmill, which I will build up over the next 5 months.

I'm super motivated, and just wanted to let you all know so that it's fully official and you can kick my butt if I'm slacking on the training! :D :D :D

Wow Congrats and good luck! I'm hoping that next year I might be able to do the race for life, even if I just walk it. I'm not gonna attempt it this year, nowhere near for enough! Lol!

Ok I've got what may be a really dumb question. I'm basically doing extra easy every day, but do I HAVE to eat my healthy extras? For example I use skimmed milk do I'm allowed 350ml but I never use anywhere close to that, should I try to use more or is it ok not to?

dory78 said:
Wow Congrats and good luck! I'm hoping that next year I might be able to do the race for life, even if I just walk it. I'm not gonna attempt it this year, nowhere near for enough! Lol!

Ok I've got what may be a really dumb question. I'm basically doing extra easy every day, but do I HAVE to eat my healthy extras? For example I use skimmed milk do I'm allowed 350ml but I never use anywhere close to that, should I try to use more or is it ok not to?

It's ok if you dont, their there to enjoy and allow you to have it so your getting a balanced diet such as diary wheat etc but in moderation - its okay not to - I don't often eat any of mine - if I do it's usually a slice of bread and cheese as I'm not a big tea or coffee drinker

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's great! You go girl! :)
You've got plenty of time to build yourself up to the distance, and if you slack off your training I'm sure there will be plenty of folk here to :whoopass: and get you back on the :whacky068: :D

I really admire you for committing to this. Well done :)

MissClumsy said:

Aww the race for life is amazing! They split you up into runners, joggers and walkers. I've done it 8 times and I've don't it faster every year! I took my dog last year, I think I was faster because he was pulling me lol!

It's really inspiring, I've seen ladies who are suffering from cancer running - if they can do it anyone can do it! I will be taking it very slow this year as I will be 7 months pregnant so a nice leisurely walk for me lol

X x x

dory78 said:

The plan has changed now hun, if you have the new orange pack you get 375ml of skimmed milk. Cheese, breads/cereals have all changed in the new book and you need to have all of your A and B exactly to the measurements in the book. Your healthy A and healthy B are called that as the A provides your calcium and your B provides fibre you need these for a healthy diet without them your body won't function properly you will get constipation and over a long period not enough calcium will give you brittle bones x x x

Last edited:
BTW miss clumsy, it takes the average person a maximum of 1 1/2 hours to walk a 5k so you won't be going all day hehe. I finished in 32 mins last year. The first year I did it I was 17 and took 25mins lol the longest its taken me is 55mins when I walked it with my mum.

X x x

Aww the race for life is amazing! They split you up into runners, joggers and walkers. I've done it 8 times and I've don't it faster every year! I took my dog last year, I think I was faster because he was pulling me lol!

It's really inspiring, I've seen ladies who are suffering from cancer running - if they can do it anyone can do it! I will be taking it very slow this year as I will be 7 months pregnant so a nice leisurely walk for me lol

X x x

Runners, joggers and walkers?? Oh I say, you've made me want to have a bash now! lol AND I could take one of my dogs :D I wonder if I could hide some roller blades under my tracky bottoms so he can just pull me?! LOL

Seriously though, I'm gonna look into this and try and enlist a willing friend or two :D

Corkscrew said:
Runners, joggers and walkers?? Oh I say, you've made me want to have a bash now! lol AND I could take one of my dogs :D I wonder if I could hide some roller blades under my tracky bottoms so he can just pull me?! LOL

Seriously though, I'm gonna look into this and try and enlist a willing friend or two :D

Yeah its great honestly its not a race its just hundreds of women coming together to raise money for cancer. You do fun stretches at the start and line up where you want if you want to walk go to the walk flag, if you want to jog a bit then walk start at the back of the joggers simples hehe!

Our race for life is always a trail by the beach so you get beautiful views, fresh air and a good laugh. Dogs are welcome just don't forget poo bags ;)

Every single person on here could do it you don't have to be fit to do it you just need to be able to walk it might prove to you how much more you can do than you realise!

X x x

Yeah its great honestly its not a race its just hundreds of women coming together to raise money for cancer. You do fun stretches at the start and line up where you want if you want to walk go to the walk flag, if you want to jog a bit then walk start at the back of the joggers simples hehe!

Our race for life is always a trail by the beach so you get beautiful views, fresh air and a good laugh. Dogs are welcome just don't forget poo bags ;)

Every single person on here could do it you don't have to be fit to do it you just need to be able to walk it might prove to you how much more you can do than you realise!

X x x

Sounds great :) I walk that distance every day with my dogs, and have done for 5 years :eek: so I'd like to up my game a tad and aim for a jog/walk/jog/walk approach :D Oh, I hope I can find some willing friends to do it with me! :)

I really do want to do it!

Mmmmm I wonder if there's anyone on here that lives near me? lol

Back