>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

p.s.

I'll be lighter come June, so the 'jog' bit might be less of a 'bounce' :D

Hey girls,

How are we today? I've been on a cooking rampage since 7am..

Made my chicken tandoori and meatballs and just finishing off the creamy mint and coriander chicken that lily posted up for me. Just got the salmon pate to make but that take 5 mins to whizz up..

In need of a shower to get the cooking smell off me now.

Great news on the race for life! X

And you dont have to have your healthy extras dory.. They are there to create a balance diet but don't feel if at 10pm you realise you've not had your hex a or b and you're not hungry that you must eat them.

X

Sounds great :) I walk that distance every day with my dogs, and have done for 5 years :eek: so I'd like to up my game a tad and aim for a jog/walk/jog/walk approach :D Oh, I hope I can find some willing friends to do it with me! :)

I really do want to do it!

Mmmmm I wonder if there's anyone on here that lives near me? lol

I would have loved to join in with you - but I don't think I could be any further away!! I'm in somerset x

where is the race your doing missclumsy?

Last edited:
Roziee said:
And you dont have to have your healthy extras dory.. They are there to create a balance diet but don't feel if at 10pm you realise you've not had your hex a or b and you're not hungry that you must eat them.

X

I'm sorry rozie slimming world 100% would disagree with that. Not having your healthy extras can slow down your weight loss and stop it completely! And can make you seriously ill.

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins x x x

I'm afraid i have to agree with Roziee - I have milk (HEXA) with my coffee each day. Unless I have a bucket full of coffee I wouldn't have the full 350ml I'm allowed. But I see little point in making myself drink the rest of it in the evening.
I have had good losses and feeling so much better than I did 6 months ago - I guess it's down to the old 'do what you feel comfortable with and do what works for you' x

I'm signed up for the race for life with my two daughters age 9 and 11 in Colchester!

It's a huge watershed for me as I was taken very seriously ill after a game of rounders in 2008 (I was 24 stone) and had a blood clot on my lung and almost died. I have been phobic about excercising since then as it makes me panic but I have just started excercising again since the new year and I am going to conquer this fear and do it!

Miss slinky disagree all you like but this is what I've been told in class. If you have been told different then we should go and speak to our consultants again.

Obviously dory don't go without your Ealing extras every day because common sense will tell u that you won't get your calcium and fibre.. But as far as ive been you dont have to have all of your healthy extras...

I'm really really upset and annoyed, I feel like some of the advise given on here is deliberately to damage peoples weight loss.

How can you tell someone that your healthy a and healthy b are not important!

Fair enough I've apologised for the grapefruit thing but now I can't take anymore!

Dory you need to ask your consultant these questions please don't take what some people on here say as gospel as they are wrong and it is going to damage your health and its going to effect YOUR journey.

Please remove me from the list at the front, I don't want to be a part of a group where such terrible and detrimental advise is given out. It's too stressful for me to read people giving out such stupid and damaging advice. I just don't want to know anynore, I can lose weight much easier when I'm not getting stressed out worrying about people giving out the wrong advice!

MissSlinky2011 said:
I'm really really upset and annoyed, I feel like some of the advise given on here is deliberately to damage peoples weight loss.

Fair enough I've apologised for the grapefruit thing but now I can't take anymore!

Dory you need to ask your consultant these questions please don't take what some people on here say as gospel as they are wrong and it is going to damage your health and its going to effect YOUR journey.

Please remove me from the list at the front, I don't want to be a part of a group where such terrible and detrimental advise is given out. It's too stressful for me to read people giving out such stupid and damaging advice. I just don't want to know anynore, I can lose weight much easier when I'm not getting stressed out worrying about people giving out the wrong advice!

Calm down. What I said was told to me by a consultant. I didn't make this up.

Wow. So much drama.

Missslinky... please don't leave. I don't think we are giving wrong advice, we are just explaing what we do.
I agree that the best person anyone should speak to is thier consultant (but even thier advice varies wildly).
I respect you have done very well and being missslinky of 2011 is fabulous, but this thread and the whole site is about airing opinions whether we agree or not!!

x

I would have loved to join in with you - but I don't think I could be any further away!! I'm in somerset x

where is the race your doing missclumsy?

*puts house up for sale and moves to Somerset* :rotflmao:

Shame, that would have been fab :)

My advise WAS from my consultant. How dare anyone say my advise is stupid. First time round I shut up and didn't say anything. Twice and it gets personal.

Miss slinky, if you want to do the plan to the T, congratulations and well done for losing weight. But DO NOT, EVER tell me my advise is stupid when you haven't heard the full story behind the advise first.

Had you had just stopped and asked where I thought that from i would have said.. My consultant told me that and you could have just said.. Rozie, I think you need to ask again because that's not what use been told.

I hate people who instead of helping you say the first thing that comes in to their mind.

Anyway...

This is the creamy coriander and mint chicken I've just made. Is delicious!

Attachments

• image-2521609404.jpg
    image-2521609404.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 33
I'm sorry your consultant is wrong! My mum is a slimming world consultant has been for 5 years and she would never EVER tell people that's its ok not to have your a and b because its not ok.

Your body needs your a and b to run correctly if your not having it your starving your body of important vitamins and minerals and your going to get ill.

If you all want to tell each other its ok to disregard certain parts of the diet. I don't want to be here its wrong and its stupid , if it wasn't something that want going to cause harm to someone else then I wouldnt have reacted this way but by telling someone that your a and b is not important you are directly impacting the health and well-being of that persons life and that is wrong.

Corkscrew said:
OMG Rozie, that looks flipping gorgeous :D I could just dive into a bowl of that!

Corkscrew it really is.. And it's free! Tastes so naughty because it has fromage frai in it (0% fat of course) and is really creamy..

So let's say I follow your advice as a pregnant Woman and don't have my a and b who here thinks that sounds healthy? Who here thinks I will give birth to a healthy child?

Noone, shock!

Corkscrew it really is.. And it's free! Tastes so naughty because it has fromage frai in it (0% fat of course) and is really creamy..

Free? Free?? Flipping FREE??? OMG, I have to find that recipie! :D

Back