>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Roziee said:
Obviously dory don't go without your Ealing extras every day because common sense will tell u that you won't get your calcium and fibre.. But as far as ive been you dont have to have all of your healthy extras...

Don't be so silly miss slinky and stop ruining the thread.

You've made your point across well so if you don't like what you read. Stop. No one is chaining you to this thread.

WTF are you on?? No-one said that!! no-one mentioned anything about pregnancy??!!

Stolen from lily's diary...

Creamy Coriander and Minted Chicken

Free on EE & Red
9.5 syns on Green

Fry Light
2 onions peeled, halved and thinly sliced
2 cloves
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
2 cardamon pods
2cm piece of root ginger, peeled and grated
1 cinammon stick
1 bay leaf
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp of chilli powder
700g skinless chicken breast diced
S&P
4 tomaotoes roughly chopped
200ml chicken stock
large handful of fresh coriander, chopped
small handful fresh mint, chopped
100g Fat free fromage frais.

Spray a non stick wok or pan with fry light and stir fry the onions, cloves, garlic and cardammon pods for 2 -3 minutes.
Add the ginger, cinammon stick, bay leaf, ground coriander, turmeric, cumin and chilli powder and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
Add the chicken cubes and season to taste, stir fry for a further 8-10 minutes
Stir in the tomatoes and stock and simmer for 5-7 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Remove from the heat and stir in the coriander,mint and fromage frais...serve immediately.

Serve with fresh salad or veg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So let's say I follow your advice as a pregnant Woman and don't have my a and b who here thinks that sounds healthy? Who here thinks I will give birth to a healthy child?

Noone, shock!

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins x x x

I don't think anyone is suggesting that it's a good idea NEVER to have your HEX's, but I personally, really can't see the harm in missing them for the odd day here and there.

If I've filled up on free and SF during the day and it comes to night time and I realise I've still got HEX a/b left, I won't have them just for the sake of it when I'm not hungry. Eating when not hungry is what got me here in the first place :(

That said, most of the time I do plan and work them in, but some days are just too busy!

vickidyers said:
WTF are you on?? No-one said that!! no-one mentioned anything about pregnancy??!!

But if the advisor says its ok not to have your a and b and rozie says so. Well I'm going to do what she says and not have them!

The point I'm trying to make is that people need to ask there consultants questions not here because they are getting the wrong information and it would be easy for someone to be trying to lose weight at home and take that advise as gospel and get really ill!

Are you not reading what I'm typing? MY CONSULTANT TOLD ME THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE HEX'S TO LOSE WEIGHT.

I haven't made that up out of thin air. I also said that you shouldn't always miss your HEX'S.

It's really boring me now miss slinky. I mean.. You could have actually been helpful and said..

I think that's not right, let's find out to make sure so no one is ill-advised.

Dory, I will find out from my consultant again. She only said it last week but I'll find out again.

End of discussion now. We're here to help. Not to argue.

I don't wish to add fuel to the fire, but I have never ever eaten or drunk that much dairy/fibre a day, even when I was pregnant and I have a very healthy 6 yr old. Personally I would find it very hard for example to have 375ml of skimmed milk a day as other than a cup of tea I rarely have milk as I don't like the taste. I wouldn't go and just eat cheese for the sake of it either (although now I've found I can have mini babybel as a hexa I may do! Lol)
I would love to ask a consultant but I'm doing it online so I'm relying on this forum for info. I will be completely honest and say that even if you all said yes u must eat them every day I think I would seriously struggle.
I do thank you all for your advice and opinions, but im sorry its caused so much debate on the subject :(

The reason I feel so strongly about this is because I missed my hexa and hexb for two days back when I first started. My consultant said that it would have a negative impact on my weighloss, it would also cause constipation and in the long term brittle bones.

When the only guides of the diet are free food, healthy extras and syns I don't understand why it would be advised to cut out 1/3 of your diet.

I don't wish to add fuel to the fire, but I have never ever eaten or drunk that much dairy/fibre a day, even when I was pregnant and I have a very healthy 6 yr old.

I do thank you all for your advice and opinions, but im sorry its caused so much debate on the subject :(

I haven't either Dory, and I gave birth to a very healthy 10lb :)eek:) He's 19 now and never ailed anything in his life :D

Don't be sorry - a debate is sometimes good! LOL

xxx

Corkscrew said:
I haven't either Dory, and I gave birth to a very healthy 10lb :)eek:) He's 19 now and never ailed anything in his life :D

Don't be sorry - a debate is sometimes good! LOL

xxx

Ohhh I know the feeling, my daughter was 9lb 10. She'll be 7 on first of Feb and I think I may have concentrated too hard on making sure she gets a balanced diet and not really bothered with mine! Lol!

Well it sounds like we're having a big debate on here, it's a bit strange when u haven't been on the thread for a few days and u come back looking for support to be faced with heated conversation. Just saying.

I've had my usual unsuccessful third week where I would normally give in. I've been perfect for 2 weeks and only lost 4 pounds. On Thursday as the usual pattern of my numerous weight loss journeys before, I got sick on Thursday and ordered kebab. I had way too much to even count the syncs properly, plus 3 unmeasured kahlua and diet cokes.

On Friday I stuck to the plan with no syns trying to think I could mend it, but last night my other half was bored so we went out for a meal. I had 2 bottles of rose, vodka and for my meal I had pâté with toast, then spaghetti in a tomato- based sauce with veg and spicy sausage. I could have made a lot worse choices but then again it wasn't the best choice.

My most successful experience was losing nearly 4 stone with sw, since then it hasn't been as great but what I have took from it is last time I wasn't perfect all the time and I kept going no matter what.

But if the advisor says its ok not to have your a and b and rozie says so. Well I'm going to do what she says and not have them!

The point I'm trying to make is that people need to ask there consultants questions not here because they are getting the wrong information and it would be easy for someone to be trying to lose weight at home and take that advise as gospel and get really ill!

MissSlinky, if you go back and read exactly what Roziee said, she wasn't telling anyone not to have their a's and b's because yes the fibre and calcium are extremely important in the make up of any diet and I don't mean weight loss...I mean food in take....what she is saying is exactly what my consultant has said....if it get's to a point in the day where it is late and you haven't had your hex's on the odd occasion it is acceptable to go without them, it won't make that much of a difference, as long as it's not something you do on a permanent or even a regular basis. That is what Roziee said, and that's how I understood it. And that is reasonable advice. It's like saying you take a medication and if you miss one dose it will kill you, that's ridiculous xx

I think I may have concentrated too hard on making sure she gets a balanced diet and not really bothered with mine! Lol!

Ditto! lol My son is a fit, healthy, 6ft hunk, with not a fat cell in sight! lol And then there's me..................:8855:

I sometimes wonder if my daughter is actually underweight, she's a proper lanky bean pole! I hope she continues to be slim all her life and my constant dieting doesn't affect her detrimentally :(

emzybop said:
Well it sounds like we're having a big debate on here, it's a bit strange when u haven't been on the thread for a few days and u come back looking for support to be faced with heated conversation. Just saying.

I've had my usual unsuccessful third week where I would normally give in. I've been perfect for 2 weeks and only lost 4 pounds. On Thursday as the usual pattern of my numerous weight loss journeys before, I got sick on Thursday and ordered kebab. I had way too much to even count the syncs properly, plus 3 unmeasured kahlua and diet cokes.

On Friday I stuck to the plan with no syns trying to think I could mend it, but last night my other half was bored so we went out for a meal. I had 2 bottles of rose, vodka and for my meal I had pâté with toast, then spaghetti in a tomato- based sauce with veg and spicy sausage. I could have made a lot worse choices but then again it wasn't the best choice.

My most successful experience was losing nearly 4 stone with sw, since then it hasn't been as great but what I have took from it is last time I wasn't perfect all the time and I kept going no matter what.

Sweetie, we've all been there, if you go back a few pages you'll see where I collapsed and gave into temptation. Tbh coming on here let me know I'm not alone and neither are you Xx
If you can draw a line under this week and pretend you're starting for the first time on Monday (or whenever your wi day is)

Hope you're feeling better about things hun xxx

Afternoon:) 1lb off for me only got half a pound to go then i'm back to where i was before xmas;) woo hooo!!

Okay all i'm going to say is I follow red and green days,not always do i have both hex's,sometimes i do sometimes i don't.It hasn't affected my losses!!!

Congrats on doing rfl.x

I sometimes wonder if my daughter is actually underweight, she's a proper lanky bean pole! I hope she continues to be slim all her life and my constant dieting doesn't affect her detrimentally :(

I used to worry about that too when my son was growing up, but I always made sure we talked about stuff (without brainwashing the poor lad) so he understood why I was always on a flipping diet! Thankfully he picked up my eating habits from the 'good spells' I had! lol

I'm sure she'll be fine xxx

Afternoon:) 1lb off for me only got half a pound to go then i'm back to where i was before xmas;) woo hooo!!

Okay all i'm going to say is I follow red and green days,not always do i have both hex's,sometimes i do sometimes i don't.It hasn't affected my losses!!!

Congrats on doing rfl.x

Great loss! Well done Kenco x :clap:

Back