>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Just started Slimming World last week and want to lose 6 stone this year which will make me just above the 'normal' weight range for the first time since I was a child. Have been obese since I was 18 so first target is just to be overweight - will be so gleeful to be able to say I'm overweight :)
I can relate to this ALOT! i cant wait to be just overweight lol xx

hw are you feeling today roziee? bit better i hope xx

paulabeard said:
Creamy Coriander and Minted Chicken sounds lovely, im going to give it ago :) x

paulabeard said:
hw are you feeling today roziee? bit better i hope xx

Hey Paula.. It really is.. I will definitely be making this again. I made really sticky stodgy rice with it and was scrum!!!

I've taken different painkillers today so hoping that's going to help.. How are you? X

Well third weigh in for me this evening, I so want a loss, have been so good and stuck 100% to plan, had a couple of glasses of wine last Fri but virtually no syns the rest of the week.
I had a 1lb gain last week but it was the time of the month...does this effect weight loss, I have read lot's of posts about hormones effecting loss...but seemed so cruel on second weigh in!! I know I'm in it for the long haul and am expecting to be a year or more untill I rech my goal...I just know that I find it difficult to stay on track if I gain. I am happy with a lb a week loss..slow and steady is fine by me....I also know that the plan works having lost well before....I suppose I know myself well enough now to know that another gain could really effect my staying power!!
You are all doing so well by the way....even thoses of you who have been poorly...well done xxx

Well third weigh in for me this evening, I so want a loss, have been so good and stuck 100% to plan, had a couple of glasses of wine last Fri but virtually no syns the rest of the week.
I had a 1lb gain last week but it was the time of the month...does this effect weight loss, I have read lot's of posts about hormones effecting loss...but seemed so cruel on second weigh in!! I know I'm in it for the long haul and am expecting to be a year or more untill I rech my goal...I just know that I find it difficult to stay on track if I gain. I am happy with a lb a week loss..slow and steady is fine by me....I also know that the plan works having lost well before....I suppose I know myself well enough now to know that another gain could really effect my staying power!!
You are all doing so well by the way....even thoses of you who have been poorly...well done xxx

Good luck hun - hope you do well :) as to TOTM a lot of people say its due to the fact your body retains water on the run up to and during that week. I always used to find my weight loss drastically slowed during those weeks and could quite easily put on anything up to 4lbs even though I'd eaten more or less the same as the week before or the following week. Having said that I've known people who've not had any issues with that and continued to lose. But thanks to Cerazette I hopefully shouldn't have that problem this time round :D

peacedove said:

I have had months when im in my period and I've lost but also months where I've gained a few lbs.. Dont let that stop you because the week after I always lost the gain. Us women can't stop our cycle so just keep that in your head and really don't worry. Just stick on plan during your period and the weight will slide off the week after xx

3.5 off for me tonight ladies :)

Good luck to those still to weigh this week :)
Roziee if you could update my details that'll be fab! Can't believe I could be 6stone lighter and target by the end of 2012 :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Okay, after last weeks' "wtf gain" I lost 2lb this week. Not quite as much as I was hoping for, but a loss is a loss, eh?!

Onwards and downwards.

Oh God, yeah I forgot lol thanks!

Peppered Mackerel, side salad & broccoli in soy sauce & garlic for tea... I think....quite hungry, now that I have typed that xx

I'm going to try a variation to this lily..

Gonna put some frozen spinach into the pasta whilst it's cooking and use quark instead of cottage cheese as I don't have any in the house. Hope it turns out ok x

Hi Roziee, finally found my way back here after my post christmas and new year gain and I am well on my way to starting this challenge, just another 3lb to go to get back to needing to lose that 84lb, which by the way I am determined will still go this year and a bit more if I can, so don't change my stats at the moment hun, unless they read above 87lbs to lose lol cos that's how much I need to lose to get that final bit of xmas gain and the 84lb christmas/new year target....does that make sense amongst my rambling lol ??
Let me know how the Quiche turns out, I have put extra veg in with the pasta before now, but not tried it with Quark, which I always have tons of in the fridge .
Hope you're feeling better today sweetie :hug99: xxxx

I understand what you mean lily hehe

It was yum lily..

I added frozen spinach as didn't have any other veg left in the house and a couple of dairy lea triangles and whisked eggs with quark and salt and pepper and yep.. Lovely..

Not too fond of cottage cheese in the quiche that I've made before so I'll definitely make this for my work lunches.. Next time I'm gonna add some Philly light I think... I love Philly light in sauces lol x

*Sally Cinnamon* said:
Peppered Mackerel, side salad & broccoli in soy sauce & garlic for tea... I think....quite hungry, now that I have typed that xx

I'm having fish, couscous, veg and parsley sauce I'm hungry now too!

OMG Lily... have you lost 12stone? That is absolutely fantastic....I am sure the next 6 will go too....

I have set BMI indicators as mini targets.... only a wee bit to go to clinically obese 1.... started at CO 3(over 40 and the highest it goes)... then work my way down.... will be happy to say I am overweight lol xx

Okay, after last weeks' "wtf gain" I lost 2lb this week. Not quite as much as I was hoping for, but a loss is a loss, eh?!

Onwards and downwards.

2lb is a good loss chicken! They all count :D

Ya know Lily, I've only just noticed the 'woman of the year' piccy in your signature! I can't believe I missed that before :eek: Gawd, I must be going blind - it's big enough! lol Congrats on the award :D

Anyway, 2lb off for me this week, so can you alter my stats please Rozie?

Ta xx

Hi guys, just wanted to report that I lost 6lbs this week! :) Wooohooo!

Roziee, could you please update my stats? :)

Have a great evening everyone! xxx

Hi guys, just wanted to report that I lost 6lbs this week! :) Wooohooo!

Roziee, could you please update my stats? :)

Have a great evening everyone! xxx

Are you showing off? eh? Well are you? :8855:

Fantastic loss MissClumsey! Way to go girl, well done! xxx

Back