>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Bums :( Just remembered I used my electric whisk to mix grout for my kitchen floor tiles and I've thrown it away now :rolleyes:

Might have to postpone making the Roulade cos I don't fancy whisking the egg whites with my balloon whisk :D lol

Ok so i made it and..............
Its ok i wouldnt go crazy about it but its certainly the best cake iv made yet, the family were a bit divided 2 liked it and 3 didnt lol x

image-1384121220.jpg

Ok so i made it and..............
Its ok i wouldnt go crazy about it but its certainly the best cake iv made yet, the family were a bit divided 2 liked it and 3 didnt lol x

View attachment 24946

It looks good :D Does it taste like a cake Paula??

I decided to be energetic and give my bingo wings a workout with the egg whites and a balloon whisk :D

I've just put mine into the oven. Didn't have any greaseproof paper left so I hope the frylight stops it from sticking :rolleyes:

If it works out I'll post a piccy! lol

Paula that does look yummy.. Would u make it again? Lol

Corkscrew.. Looking forward to your review lol

I like this try a recipe and review it.. We should do it more often x

Yeah i prob would make it again , its not cakey but its not so yorkshire puddingy or eggy if you no what i mean, also i used lemon flavouring in the filljng which hides alot of the fact its not the right texture, i would give it 7/10 x

Thats a fab idea. The mag is out this week so lots of new ones to try and review!

Corkscrew, def post a review and pic , on the plus side if you dont like it at least you had a workout mixing it up lol x

Iv just had another bit and im seriously thinking about uograding that to 8/10 lol xx

Corkscrew.. Looking forward to your review lol

lol I shall write my review in the style of Jilly Goolden :D lol

I like this try a recipe and review it.. We should do it more often x

That's a really good idea ya know! It would also help us to try new things and keep it interesting :D

Yeah i prob would make it again , its not cakey but its not so yorkshire puddingy or eggy if you no what i mean, also i used lemon flavouring in the filljng which hides alot of the fact its not the right texture, i would give it 7/10 x

I'm using Lemon flavouring too :D I don't have any vanilla left. 7/10 is very good for a 'cake impostor' :giggle:

Corkscrew, def post a review and pic , on the plus side if you dont like it at least you had a workout mixing it up lol x

I will post a pic......provided it's not stuck like superglue to the baking tin :rolleyes: lol

Bingo wings survived the ordeal :D

Iv just had another bit and im seriously thinking about uograding that to 8/10 lol xx

Oooooooooo upgraded to an 8! lol

I can't wait to have a taste of mine now! LOL

Ok let's do it :D

I'm gonna make the spinach and ricotta cannelloni this week so I'll make it, post a pic and review it!

Paula that's not bad for a fakey cakey! Lol x

Lucia.. Whatcha gonna make and review? X

Hi Guys - thanks for the likes :D

Yes I would LOVE to be added to the list / group pl Roziee - thanks!

Vicki - dont know if this will help but my leader told us you have 15 syns a day = 105 a week and she told us to use them however we like during the week and this has worked for me and fits well in2 my life. For example sat night I enjoy my wine but a bottle is 25+ and I dont wry bout it, as long as I dont go over the weeks syns?? Is anyone else doing this?

Well, this is my attempt at a fakey cakey :D

It came out of the tin ok, but when I came to roll it up, it had stuck to the flipping worktop, so it's lost it 'golden baked' look! lol *writes note to self - must buy more greaseproof paper* :D

29012012185.jpg

Sorry if the pic is a bit big - I'm still a learner :D

Here's another pic......

29012012186.jpg

I did mine with banana and pineapple.

Just tasted it and I really like it :D I'd have to give it 8.5/10. Not quite a 'cake' but a very good fakey cakey. I'll deffo make it again :D

8.5 for a fakey cakey isn't bad at all corkscrew!

Ok I'll try it too... I'll do it tomorrow ad post pictures up.. :D

I was quite surprised actually :D It's nicer than I thought it would be. It's the first one not to hit the bin! :8855:

Looking forward to hearing your review. lol

Did I miss the fakey cakey recipe? It looks pretty good.Years ago I made this SW scan bran weetabix cake and it turned out like a housebrick!

I am going to do a recipe as soon as the mag is out. I have it delivered, someone got me the subscription for Christmas.

Lucia Lucia said:
Did I miss the fakey cakey recipe? It looks pretty good.Years ago I made this SW scan bran weetabix cake and it turned out like a housebrick!

I am going to do a recipe as soon as the mag is out. I have it delivered, someone got me the subscription for Christmas.

I've seen the recipe for the weetabix cake but this one didn't have scan bran in it.. I'll make that and let you get know how I get on..

Back