>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Oh Paula hope you are feeling better soon x

I was just doing some calculations and in order for us to lose 84 lbs this year we need to be losing 7lbs a month.. How achievable is that?! It comes to 1.6 lbs a week...

So this is how it should look by the end of each month:

January -7
February -14
March -21
April -28
May -35
June -42
July -49
August -56
September -63
October -70
November -77
December -84

So some of you guys are 1 month ahead of the game :).. It'll help us keep an eye on where we need to be in line with our 84lb loss goal :)

Could this go on the front page so we can refer to it as it's really helpful?

I was just doing some calculations and in order for us to lose 84 lbs this year we need to be losing 7lbs a month.. How achievable is that?! It comes to 1.6 lbs a week...

So this is how it should look by the end of each month:

January -7
February -14
March -21
April -28
May -35
June -42
July -49
August -56
September -63
October -70
November -77
December -84

So some of you guys are 1 month ahead of the game :).. It'll help us keep an eye on where we need to be in line with our 84lb loss goal :)

It's definitely achievable because we're all here to support each other when the going gets tough. We're all pretty motivated right now so our losses will be good. I think we have to accept it's going to get harder as the year goes on. We'll (hopefully) be getting smaller and the losses will be smaller too. Even if we don't meet the targets the main thing is to keep going. I'd much rather be here next January having only(!) lost 3 stone than give up and put the weight I've lost back on and feel nothing has changed.

I just looked up my old info from when I did WW in 2010, I lost 38lbs in 8 mths. This sounds kinda good but considering I know I lost a stone of that in the first month (as I have done so far with SW) you can see how it goes downhill from there. I'm seriously hoping that when I get to 2 stone lost I don't have the problems I've had before which is usually lose a lb, gain a lb kind of thing and this is when I lose interest and end up quitting! I'm hoping with you guys to help me out I can get past the dreaded 3 stone mark and more! I've never lost more than 3 stone on a diet before but I'm hopeful now as I'm really enjoying SW so far, tbh far more than I did on WW as you don't have to count and point everything you eat for starters! I'm aiming to have lost at least 2 stone by my birthday (April 18th), hopefully more! And I'm hoping that I don't hit the horrible bit at 2 stone when I don't lose anything for months as I'm hoping it'll be different this time round.
One thing I have done differently is that I haven't started exercising as yet, I'm going to start that once I start to either gain or report sts's.

Sorry for the vent today just feeling a little apprehensive about the weeks to come :(

Dont worry Dory, just take a weigh in at a time x

SarahCroz said:
It's definitely achievable because we're all here to support each other when the going gets tough. We're all pretty motivated right now so our losses will be good. I think we have to accept it's going to get harder as the year goes on. We'll (hopefully) be getting smaller and the losses will be smaller too. Even if we don't meet the targets the main thing is to keep going. I'd much rather be here next January having only(!) lost 3 stone than give up and put the weight I've lost back on and feel nothing has changed.

Absolutely- Christmas is always a hard time to lose weight so let's try to shift as much weight as we can before then hehe

dory78 said:
I just looked up my old info from when I did WW in 2010, I lost 38lbs in 8 mths. This sounds kinda good but considering I know I lost a stone of that in the first month (as I have done so far with SW) you can see how it goes downhill from there. I'm seriously hoping that when I get to 2 stone lost I don't have the problems I've had before which is usually lose a lb, gain a lb kind of thing and this is when I lose interest and end up quitting! I'm hoping with you guys to help me out I can get past the dreaded 3 stone mark and more! I've never lost more than 3 stone on a diet before but I'm hopeful now as I'm really enjoying SW so far, tbh far more than I did on WW as you don't have to count and point everything you eat for starters! I'm aiming to have lost at least 2 stone by my birthday (April 18th), hopefully more! And I'm hoping that I don't hit the horrible bit at 2 stone when I don't lose anything for months as I'm hoping it'll be different this time round.
One thing I have done differently is that I haven't started exercising as yet, I'm going to start that once I start to either gain or report sts's.

Sorry for the vent today just feeling a little apprehensive about the weeks to come :(

I'm feeling the same after I hit my 3 stone Mark dory so you're not alone.

I started sw march last year and lost 3 stones up until September.. Before my op I had so many weeks where I kept in losing a lb, gaining 1 etc etc and then from October-starting again 4 weeks ago I gained a whole stone.. So I'm determined to smash the gates of losing 3 stones and get losing some more weight.

I think when it comes to that stage when you are losing a little, gaining a little you need to try new recipes and increase water or exercise or shake things up like trying differently.. We will still be here dory so the only thing I would suggest (which I plan to do as well) is dont stop coming here..especially when we have off days.

Don't be sad dory, we're all here to lose weight and will be with you every step of the way x

Thanks guys - really appreciate it, feeling quietly confident but apprehensive.

On a bit of a positive note, the day I started SW I took all my measurements and thought I'd do them again today, not a massive change on most (tbh probably just the way I was holding the tape measure or something) except my waist and I'm still not sure I believe it myself but apparently I've lost 4 inches!!! Not gonna read too much into it, will wait until I've lost another stone and redo them again and see if I've still lost that much or if it was just the way I was holding the tape measure! lol

That's great dory... I was supposed to take measurements but I forgot in the beginning..

I can see my 2nd boobies getting smaller though (the roll of fat under your actual boobies) lol

I'm feeling the same after I hit my 4 stone Mark dory 16st 2lb so you're not alone.

I started sw June 23rd last year and just got my 4 stone sticker .. So I'm determined to get down into my 15st mark which I haven’t been there for 29 years, when I get to this weight 16st’s I tend to go back up again, but hopefully not this time with you lot helping me.

Like Roziee says we are all in this together and if we aim for 7lb a month and for the next 11 months we will get there and be on target.

So don't be sad dory, we're all here to lose weight and will be with you and every one else, every step of the way :bighug:xx

fatbgone said:
I lost 1 lb!!

Very dissapointed :(:(:(:(:(:(

Want my 3 stone award Monday so must loose 3.5 lb to achieve it... So determind!

Aww no :( don't be disappointed.. You are 3.5 lbs off your goal and I'm sure you will get it next week..1 lb is still great!

JaneB said:
I'm feeling the same after I hit my 4 stone Mark dory 16st 2lb so you're not alone.

I started sw June 23rd last year and just got my 4 stone sticker .. So I'm determined to get down into my 15st mark which I haven’t been there for 29 years, when I get to this weight 16st’s I tend to go back up again, but hopefully not this time with you lot helping me.
Like Roziee says we are all in this together and if we aim for 7lb a month and for the next 11 months we will get there and be on target.

So don't be sad dory, we're all here to lose weight and will be with you and every one else, every step of the way :bighug:xx

Hey Jane :)

You are one determined lady so it'd going to be very easy for you xxxx

Aww no :( don't be disappointed.. You are 3.5 lbs off your goal and I'm sure you will get it next week..1 lb is still great!

Hey Jane :)

You are one determined lady so it'd going to be very easy for you xxxx

Hi Roziee, I am determined this time, but like you and everyone else we have our ups and downs and mine at the moment are weekends for me, don't know why but its seem to go belly up and I have more syns than normal and little extra treats, its the comfort zone of being 16st 2lb again, I really do need to get pass it and into the 15st mark and I think I will be fine, I have been at this mark up and down since christmas. xx

Hmmm I'm feeling a bit fat today!
I made the mistake of getting in the scales yesterday around lunchtime (I usually weigh Wednesday at 5.30) and it reported a 2lb gain???!

I wouldn't mind but I didn't do nothing to deserve a gain! I never even touched the chocolate cake other half made!

So now I'm feeling a bit deflated - I should take my own advice and not weigh outside of group and especially not during different times of the day - I'm trying not to let it effect what I eat this week because I'm still hoping for a loss so I've stuffed myself with salad this lunch time and don't plan on having any syns till Wednesday to try and pull back this mystery gain!

Ranting over - back to being positive about my loss this week...

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

JaneB said:
Hi Roziee, I am determined this time, but like you and everyone else we have our ups and downs and mine at the moment are weekends for me, don't know why but its seem to go belly up and I have more syns than normal and little extra treats, its the comfort zone of being 16st 2lb again, I really do need to get pass it and into the 15st mark and I think I will be fine, I have been at this mark up and down since christmas. xx

You need to get rid of the treaty stuff in the house.. Save your syns during the week and plan your weekends which will include treats but will ensure you're still within your allowance.

Dont buy your treats until the weekend as well- otherwise you might eat them during the week.

Emmey1 said:
Hmmm I'm feeling a bit fat today!
I made the mistake of getting in the scales yesterday around lunchtime (I usually weigh Wednesday at 5.30) and it reported a 2lb gain???!

I wouldn't mind but I didn't do nothing to deserve a gain! I never even touched the chocolate cake other half made!

So now I'm feeling a bit deflated - I should take my own advice and not weigh outside of group and especially not during different times of the day - I'm trying not to let it effect what I eat this week because I'm still hoping for a loss so I've stuffed myself with salad this lunch time and don't plan on having any syns till Wednesday to try and pull back this mystery gain!

Ranting over - back to being positive about my loss this week...

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Emmey, if you're been good it will show on the scale.. I can weight in at X in the morning and a few hours later- even if I haven't eaten I'm like 5lbs up!

Don't be disheartened ((hugs)) use that ghost gain as motivation to ensure it isn't a gain this week.. You will lose for sure :) x

I lost 1 lb!!

Very dissapointed :(:(:(:(:(:(

Want my 3 stone award Monday so must loose 3.5 lb to achieve it... So determind!

Oh please don't be disappointed, 1lb is a great loss, especially after you've lost so much already. That's a whole tub of marj or 2 blocks of butter! Maybe try to do something different this week like increase your fluid intake to give you a boost. Whether it's this week or next just think how great you'll feel when you hit that 3 stone mark. :)

Back