>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Hi dory,
Best options at an Indian are Tandoori dishes (prawn, fish, chicken & lamb) serve with boiled rice and a salad, a chapatti is the best bread choice ... I usually skip rice and have the chapatti for about 8 syns... If you are a saucy chick... Dhansaak is quite low x

Well thankfully looks like they sorted it! Apparently some kind of issue on my employers end so I was paid about 20 mins ago - thank god!! I know I'm only part time but basically it pays my rent!

As for the curry I'd love a recipe for a syn free curry but tomorrow we're going out - it was either curry or the all you can eat Chinese and I figured curry was probably a better option (plus her dad took her to the chinese on saturday) so yeah any suggestions on that front is good! I'm not a curry conniseur though so I'm not sure what all of them mean, will have to look them up later! haha! As i said my fave previously has been tikka masala which is totally delish, the only other thing is i can't eat nuts so can't have anything with those in (not allergic just really don't like!)

Ohhhh and congrats to paula - great weight loss hun xx
Thanks Dory, im so glad you got your wages sorted out xx

Hi everyone, well done on some great losses again and best wishes for all Wednesday WI's..like me!! I know a few of you have really struggled this week..but when you feel down remember you are already winning by starting this process and taking control....those of us here with six stone or more to lose got here because we have a problem with food..we use it to reward when we have been good and to comfort us in times of trouble...and it is the one thing in life you can't just give up totally...you wouldn't berate a drug addict or an alcoholic if they slipped. Just pick your self up and dust yourself off..and get back on the plan...and talking on here (therapy!!) and you are back in control again...it's all part of the very difficult process that we have to go through often with no help from the medical profession or understanding from those close to us....because this is a life change for the better....Big Big love xxxxx

Hi dory,
Best options at an Indian are Tandoori dishes (prawn, fish, chicken & lamb) serve with boiled rice and a salad, a chapatti is the best bread choice ... I usually skip rice and have the chapatti for about 8 syns... If you are a saucy chick... Dhansaak is quite low x

Nice one hun - thank you! And weirdly just as I posted previously about wanting an at home syn free curry recipe, one of the pages I 'like' on facebook (Slimming World Member Support for anyone interested) just posted exactly that! lol

What a great start to the week with all the fab losses:D well done everyone:)

I finally got round to making the corned beef pasty's, they were really yummy hubby also enjoyed them.Will be making them again.

What a great start to the week with all the fab losses:D well done everyone:)

I finally got round to making the corned beef pasty's, they were really yummy hubby also enjoyed them.Will be making them again.

is the recipe on here as I love a good pasty and greggs cheese n onion are my fave but I could happily have a corned beef one.

is the recipe on here as I love a good pasty and greggs cheese n onion are my fave but I could happily have a corned beef one.

Yes it's in the recipe section:) and very yummy they were too!!! It was Ginlin's recipe 1 syn corned beef pasty's.x

paulabeard said:
well i lost 4lbs!!! im so chuffed i never lose big i kinda have to work very hard for every pound, im so happy i guess the gym is paying off as well,, Roziee can you update me please, goodluck to everyone else whose weighing today xx
Fantastic, well done, how's your mouth?

dory78 said:
Well thankfully looks like they sorted it! Apparently some kind of issue on my employers end so I was paid about 20 mins ago - thank god!! I know I'm only part time but basically it pays my rent!

As for the curry I'd love a recipe for a syn free curry but tomorrow we're going out - it was either curry or the all you can eat Chinese and I figured curry was probably a better option (plus her dad took her to the chinese on saturday) so yeah any suggestions on that front is good! I'm not a curry conniseur though so I'm not sure what all of them mean, will have to look them up later! haha! As i said my fave previously has been tikka masala which is totally delish, the only other thing is i can't eat nuts so can't have anything with those in (not allergic just really don't like!)

Ohhhh and congrats to paula - great weight loss hun xx

Glad they sorted the pay.

Made a big mistake by going to Sainsburys hungry, oh the cream cakes were really calling me, I was really struggling not to buy the profiteroles in the stack, in the past I would buy two packs, one for tea and the other I would eat in the car on the way home!!!! OH was always puzzled by how mucky my car was! I had to keep saying to myself 7lbs a month is doable, but not if I eat cream cakes!!

Bought some Kellogg's fibre plus bars, and ate one on way back. Have just had some mushroom soup i made yesterday and a huge Eton mess with a meringue nest, quark and a white chocolate options (4.5 syns and worth every one)

Have a good afternoon all
BRON

That's right, you've got us this time Jane :D We won't let you do it again :) You've got to stop me in return though because 4 stone is my nemesis too... lol [/QUOTE]

:thankyou: Corkscrew, we will make sure we will get over this little hurdle. xx:bighug:

I've had more procedures done.. Will explain later but means I won't be able to go to WI tonight.. Will I be able to take this week as holiday at such short notice?

Yes, just text or ring your consultant.

Sorry Rozie.... you must put your holidays in at the start of a countdown.... any taken that have not been entered will go as a lost week xx

That's a shame Sally.. I've txt my consultant now.. Oh well.

I went to see my gyn and he said that it's still not healing properly so he had to use potassium nitrate on the wound to try to make it heal again.

When he went to put the anaesthetic in I cried with the pain :(

4th time lucky I hope.

I've weighed myself at home and im 1 lb up from last week. But my scales are usually 0.5lbs kinder than the groups scales so I'm gonna say I've gained 1.5lbs this week.

Bleurgh. Want a pizza.

Hi

Have made this tonight, it's lovely

Warm lentil, vegetable and feta salad

150g puy lentils
2sticks celery finely chopped
1carrot coarsely grated
1 red onion finely chopped
200g cherry tomatoes cut in half
Juice 1 lemon
I clove garlic crushed
fresh coriander
110 g reduced fat feta ( I used sainsburys be good range)

Cover lentils with water and bring to boil,simmer until soft, 15-20 minutes

In a separate bowl, mix, onion, carrot, celery, cherry toms, lemon juice , corriander and garlic and season.

Drain the lentils, and lentils to the bowl, toss, crumble feta over the top and serve
Season to taste

2.5 syns on EE and green
8 on original

I shall be taking some for lunch tomorrow, it's quite filling

BRON

Roziee said:
I've had more procedures done.. Will explain later but means I won't be able to go to WI tonight.. Will I be able to take this week as holiday at such short notice?

Hope you are ok?

I wish I could say I am bron but I am officially fed up now.

If I could have my way I'd order a pizza now.

Lucky for my hubby is cooking.

don't beat yourself up.... why not have a pizza pitta... use a wholemeal pitta (hexb) and top with tomato paste and mozzarella (hexa) and whatever else you fancy....you will still be on plan.

hope you feel better soon.

Just made a Thai beef salad for tasting night.... I want to eat it all lol

Back