>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Right girls, can you all give me a kick up the backside please! I need to get back on the wagon....STS for 2 weeks now..and its my own fault. Keep eating crap! :(

Lol.... yep!!!! May apply for the District Manager job that's available whilst I'm there too if the Team Developer is anything to go on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D;)

OMG you're on form today! :8855: I'm splitting my sides here! :8855:

the other reason I don't go to group is because I was offered the job as a consultant.
The first time round I found it worked for me and the simple truth is slimming world is a great plan that fits well into my life and most importantly it works... but...
Just like any other health/beauty/diet it's all about the money. You get told as a consultant how to set your room up, how to get helpers to do your job for you whilst you try to get the new members in, how to flog the SW products and how to get the most cash from it.
I guess I was being niave really as I just wanted to help people lose weight with a plan that I belived in (with a bit of extra cash) - but it was so money orientated and I turned it down and quit class - kinda cutting off my nose to spite my face as I gradually over the years put it all back on!!!

Abigail'sMummy said:
Right girls, can you all give me a kick up the backside please! I need to get back on the wagon....STS for 2 weeks now..and its my own fault. Keep eating crap! :(

Think of it this way, 2 weeks of eating bad and you havent put any weight on, start a fresh tomorrow and you will start losing again so really no damage has been done :) xx

STOP EATING CRAP!! :whoopass:

Maybe that was a bit strong - sorry!! Here's the sensible bit...The only person that can stop you eating crap honey is you, we are all here to support each other - but we have to make the right choices. Do you mind me asking why you are aiming to lose weight?? Mine is for a number of reasons including wedding, my health and I don't ever want the embarassment of standing up with a plastic chair still stuck to my arse again :cry:
It's those thoughts that keep me on the right tracks. Hope you get back on the wagon soon x

urbanprincess said:
Our consultant has just resigned..... I am going to Head Office on Sunday morning.... may look into the option of running it myself hahaha.... I'm a trainer by trade, so it's within my remit!!!

I am a happy clapper (soz) but I get infuriated that the woman covering at the moment ALWAYS overruns!!!!!! It's not HARD!!!! :cry:

That's amazing.. Where do u live? Aww wish I was close so I could go to group with you as my leader! Xx

urbanprincess said:
:roofles:Oooh, and can I just add that the Team Developer for SW came to group this week.... and she REALLY needs to go on Extra Easy!!!!! Bahahahaha :banana dancer: :4633:

Hahahaha naughty!

Abigail'sMummy said:

Hey darling.. You have had a very stressful month from reading your diary.. Please don't be so hard in yourself.. You are doing some things right otherwise you would have gained.. If you need us to plan stuff together so your food is right then let us know.. I'm more than happy to help. If you need me on blackberry messenger/whatsapp to kick ya booty ;-) I can do that too xx

vickidyers said:
the other reason I don't go to group is because I was offered the job as a consultant.
The first time round I found it worked for me and the simple truth is slimming world is a great plan that fits well into my life and most importantly it works... but...
Just like any other health/beauty/diet it's all about the money. You get told as a consultant how to set your room up, how to get helpers to do your job for you whilst you try to get the new members in, how to flog the SW products and how to get the most cash from it.
I guess I was being niave really as I just wanted to help people lose weight with a plan that I belived in (with a bit of extra cash) - but it was so money orientated and I turned it down and quit class - kinda cutting off my nose to spite my face as I gradually over the years put it all back on!!!

Wow.. I suppose sw is still a business first and then a weight loss programme after.. Did you find you got the right training and enough training to become a consultant? X

Wow, just got in, this has been a busy thread,
Well done all with fantastic losses today.
I also do sw on line, you lovely ladies are my group, and give me all the support I need, thank you.

I went to see Calendar Girls last night in Birmingham, it was so funny.

Take care all

Bron

:asskick:
Abigail'sMummy, get back on the waggon immediately! :D

Seriously though, I think we will all go through periods of time like you're experiencing at the mo. After all, we didn't get fat by eating sensibly did we?

Old habits die hard chicken, just try to drawn a line under the past two weeks and take one day at a time from here on in. Remind yourself why you are doing this. Picture yourself smaller, wearing something you would really like to wear - looking fabulous (not that you don't look fab now though! lol) and feeling great.

There's no damage been done, you haven't gained. All you have done is extend your journey by a couple of weeks. Tis just a little detour on the road to Slimsville :D

So chin up, draw a big fat line and start again tomorrow :D xxx

Wow.. I suppose sw is still a business first and then a weight loss programme after.. Did you find you got the right training and enough training to become a consultant? X

True - it's a business and they are selling a good product and it works - I guess thats why it's very successful. I didn't accept the job as I couldn't designate the time to it - 'training' is very limited - you get a basic course in nutrition. I also wondered whether I am the right sort of person.. I'm not the softly softly type (as my last daft post shows) - if I ran a class I might have half the group in tears :eek:

Seriously though, I think we will all go through periods of time like you're experiencing at the mo. After all, we didn't get fat by eating sensibly did we?

Old habits die hard chicken, just try to drawn a line under the past two weeks and take one day at a time from here on in. Remind yourself why you are doing this. Picture yourself smaller, wearing something you would really like to wear - looking fabulous (not that you don't look fab now though! lol) and feeling great.

There's no damage been done, you haven't gained. All you have done is extend your journey by a couple of weeks. Tis just a little detour on the road to Slimsville :D

Thats what I meant to say!! You put it so much better than me

Crikey, I've been away for like 3 days as work has been manic, and I come back to PAGES to read! It's brilliant though! :D

I admire those of you who do this at home; I feel I have to go to class in order to stay on track (maybe that's just the teacher in me lol), I never stay to the meeting though, as they go on forever!! My C is fantastic though, he sends me lovely text messages throughout the week and especially on a Friday night I'll get one reminding me how well I'm doing and not to sabotage myself! Love him!! :D :D :D

Anyway, I have a loss of half a pound to report this week. Not as good as last week, but hey, I can't expect 6lbs every week, and half a pound is definitely still in the right direction!! :party0011:

Have a great evening everyone! :) xxx

Just read back over the past two days, and do you guys crack me up. I've just stopped laughing.
Another 2lbs off for me, Roziee, could you please change the list for me. xx

Bron said:
Wow, just got in, this has been a busy thread,
Well done all with fantastic losses today.
I also do sw on line, you lovely ladies are my group, and give me all the support I need, thank you.

I went to see Calendar Girls last night in Birmingham, it was so funny.

Take care all

Bron

Ooo bron did you have a nice time? :)

Everyone is talking about reminding ourselves why we want to lose weight- so why do YOU? I'll start.. I realised I didn't even introduce myself when I asked everyone else too lol

I have always been big. Was a 9lb baby :eek: and put on a stone with every year I grew up... It was the joke everyone told about me..'Rozie puts on a stone with every birthday she has!'

Was never bullied about my weight thank God. Was, and still am very confident and bubbly and had amazing friends.. All skinny cows but yes was one of the popular girls at school and was very studious. Got the odd fun poked at but i could count those times on my fingers, so was very very blessed as I know many overweight people get such torture about their weight from others.

I tried to first lose weight when I was in uni. The summer before my final year of university and I lost 2 stones and when I went back people were gobsmacked. But I put it all back on because I didn't exercise and was worried about my finals etc... Xmas of final year at uni and my dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer too so it all went downhill.

I used to eat (and still would if my metabolism was like a machine) so much. Sweet thing, savoury.. All foods..

I met my husband in january 2008 and he had lost a lot of weight before he met me- about 4/5 stones and he was all muscular and delicious lol he made me feel like a princess when I felt like a fat lump and promised that he would help me lose weight. I tried but I couldn't do it. There was a lot of issues when it came to getting married as extended family was making it difficult (I'm Pakistani, and extended family always think their opinions count for some reason :rolleyes: but I had lost some weight by the time we got married due to the stress of it all.

We got married and I moved to London and it was heaven.. And the weight just got more and more and more.. And so did hubby's :( the guilt I feel for making him put on weight is enormous. Okay, he could have chosen not to eat bad but it is because of me that he's over weight again. That's a fact...

I was unwell and tired all the time (gosh, that's not changed much has it lol) and was just unhappy. I hated thinking about travelling abroad because I didn't think I'd fit in the seat. Didn't want to go to a theme park because I was refused to go on one at the age of 19 because I was too far,,, everything I wasn't to do I couldn't because of my weight...

I has heard about sw in the newspaper a lot.. Read a lot of success stories and had been thinking about joining it for a while..
I
One evening I said to hubby- I'm joining! There was no epiphany or moment that made me want to lose weight but a collection of my whole life I suppose. That was march 2011 and I'm 2.5 stones lighter. That's rubbish when I think about it because I could have been a lot lighter but the whole op thing really did mess me up. And like I said in the start of this thread.. I will lose 6 stones this year :)

So reasons why I want to lose weight?

I want babies. Badly now :( I've been married for 3 years now and I want company. London is such a lonely place without family. We are so isolated from my family up north and I miss them terribly.. But I want babies now.. Lots hehe., ok not lot.., 1 to start off with.

I want to go on a roller coaster again! I miss theme parks so much..

I want to walk into top shop and buy a coat! Walk into river island and buy some trousers..

I want to go to the in laws and see pride in their eyes when they show me off to their relatives Lol

I want to be fitter, to be able to sit on the tube and sit anywhere! Rather than waiting until there's a few seats free so I don't squash anyone.

I want to go on bike rides with him.. Go for weekends sways where we are doing active sports...

I just want to live. I'm 26 and sometimes feel as if I'm 96.... :(

congrats on your loss miss clumsy - I forget occasionally that this thread is about weight loss!

My apologies for being a chatterbox, I'm stuck in a telephonebox - sized hotel room with just a laptop for company. I'll try and shut up now (for a tiny while!!!)

Don't shut up! :eek: lol

Haven't you even got a telly??

My 3 year old nephew thinks I have people living inside my laptop :D Bless! lol

STOP EATING CRAP!! :whoopass:

Maybe that was a bit strong - sorry!! Here's the sensible bit...The only person that can stop you eating crap honey is you, we are all here to support each other - but we have to make the right choices. Do you mind me asking why you are aiming to lose weight?? Mine is for a number of reasons including wedding, my health and I don't ever want the embarassment of standing up with a plastic chair still stuck to my arse again :cry:
It's those thoughts that keep me on the right tracks. Hope you get back on the wagon soon x

Was going to say exactly the same things but while I was looking for the right smiley you beat me to it!! Good luck for next week AbigailsMummy, you can do it!

Loving the banter tonight ladies... if only SW meetings were like this I might go again. It's a shame they haven't changed the format over the years. I suppose it depends so much on the Consultant. I do think that it helps to have support from people who have a similar amount of weight to lose tho. I'm not sure someone who only has a stone to lose could relate to getting their arse stuck in a plastic chair!!:8855::8855:

Back