>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

WOW! Thank you so much for sharing your stories xxx

You guys are flipping fantastic!

Ooo bron did you have a nice time? :)

Everyone is talking about reminding ourselves why we want to lose weight- so why do YOU? I'll start.. I realised I didn't even introduce myself when I asked everyone else too lol

I have always been big. Was a 9lb baby :eek: and put on a stone with every year I grew up... It was the joke everyone told about me..'Rozie puts on a stone with every birthday she has!'

Was never bullied about my weight thank God. Was, and still am very confident and bubbly and had amazing friends.. All skinny cows but yes was one of the popular girls at school and was very studious. Got the odd fun poked at but i could count those times on my fingers, so was very very blessed as I know many overweight people get such torture about their weight from others.

I tried to first lose weight when I was in uni. The summer before my final year of university and I lost 2 stones and when I went back people were gobsmacked. But I put it all back on because I didn't exercise and was worried about my finals etc... Xmas of final year at uni and my dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer too so it all went downhill.

I used to eat (and still would if my metabolism was like a machine) so much. Sweet thing, savoury.. All foods..

I met my husband in january 2008 and he had lost a lot of weight before he met me- about 4/5 stones and he was all muscular and delicious lol he made me feel like a princess when I felt like a fat lump and promised that he would help me lose weight. I tried but I couldn't do it. There was a lot of issues when it came to getting married as extended family was making it difficult (I'm Pakistani, and extended family always think their opinions count for some reason :rolleyes: but I had lost some weight by the time we got married due to the stress of it all.

We got married and I moved to London and it was heaven.. And the weight just got more and more and more.. And so did hubby's :( the guilt I feel for making him put on weight is enormous. Okay, he could have chosen not to eat bad but it is because of me that he's over weight again. That's a fact...

I was unwell and tired all the time (gosh, that's not changed much has it lol) and was just unhappy. I hated thinking about travelling abroad because I didn't think I'd fit in the seat. Didn't want to go to a theme park because I was refused to go on one at the age of 19 because I was too far,,, everything I wasn't to do I couldn't because of my weight...

I has heard about sw in the newspaper a lot.. Read a lot of success stories and had been thinking about joining it for a while..
I
One evening I said to hubby- I'm joining! There was no epiphany or moment that made me want to lose weight but a collection of my whole life I suppose. That was march 2011 and I'm 2.5 stones lighter. That's rubbish when I think about it because I could have been a lot lighter but the whole op thing really did mess me up. And like I said in the start of this thread.. I will lose 6 stones this year :)

So reasons why I want to lose weight?

I want babies. Badly now :( I've been married for 3 years now and I want company. London is such a lonely place without family. We are so isolated from my family up north and I miss them terribly.. But I want babies now.. Lots hehe., ok not lot.., 1 to start off with.

I want to go on a roller coaster again! I miss theme parks so much..

I want to walk into top shop and buy a coat! Walk into river island and buy some trousers..

I want to go to the in laws and see pride in their eyes when they show me off to their relatives Lol

I want to be fitter, to be able to sit on the tube and sit anywhere! Rather than waiting until there's a few seats free so I don't squash anyone.

I want to go on bike rides with him.. Go for weekends sways where we are doing active sports...

I just want to live. I'm 26 and sometimes feel as if I'm 96.... :(

Roziee, you are a strong, fabulous, amazing lady.... hubby will lose weight too if he is following plan without realising it.... hopefully you will look back at this time with fond memories.... but the weight loss will hopefully help with both of your fertility too.

You come across as such a caring, passionate person.... don't give up.... & hopefully your dreams will come true xxx

vickidyers said:
I intend to burn Evans... not just the clothes

Ahahaha I've been laughing on and off all evening and my husband I'm going mental... We still need Evans until we're size zeros vicki lol

Roziee, you are a strong, fabulous, amazing lady.... hubby will lose weight too if he is following plan without realising it.... hopefully you will look back at this time with fond memories.... but the weight loss will hopefully help with both of your fertility too.

You come across as such a caring, passionate person.... don't give up.... & hopefully your dreams will come true xxx

What Nikki says :D xxx

urbanprincess said:

That's very sweet.. :) I intend to be as close as possible in trying to conceive this time next year. If I've lost 6 stones by the end of the year then I'll just need to lose a few more stones and I can have babies :D

Roziee, you have a very intresting story.

I lost just over six stones once to have IVF in 2000. I was really focussed but had to get my bmi down to start it. It was really strange I wanted it so badly and I lost every pound I had to and we went in for our consultation to start it. I sat there and realised I didnt want this IVF thing and I remember walking out of the clinic and my hubby squeezed my hand and I thought, how am I going to tell you this?.......

It's funny because I had put my heart and soul into achieving the weightloss so I could have it and dieted for EVER and damn well then realised actually, it wasnt what I wanted.

Isnt life funny. We did have children but not in the way i would have ever imagined. We adopted three children and life has been an amazing journey that I would never have swapped for the world. I shudder when I think that I may have gone ahead with that IVF and never been my children's Mummy!

Anyway, what I am trying to say is i'm doing it for me but also for them really, I want to live to see them grow up and see their life unfold. I was killing myself with food, strangely, it's food that is our cure too.

So thats why i'm here!

Hey Lucia.... can I just say that I love you already??!!! I have fostered in the past... and am looking to do it again in the future. Your children are exceptionally lucky to have your love & care.... as much as you are lucky to have been blessed with them..... definitely a win:win ..... think I'm gonna fill up now:cry: we have gone from wetting ourselves laughing to seriously serious..... an Eastenders script would be hard pressed to keep up with us tonight!!!!

Love & hugs to you all..... you've made my night xxx

I think i want to lose weight to find me, i have sort of got lost in this fat suit and use it as a disguise.

i have issues around being a failure and stay fat as my proof i am.

i want to be fitter and healthier and to see my grandchildren eventually

i want to buy clothes i like and not just cos they fit

i want to walk round town or into a room without people staring at me or laughing and making comments

but mostly i want to be me again xxxxxxx

This thread has had me laughing and near to tears tonight. Thanks for sharing your stories.

For the first time I actually think I can do this, so glad I found you all :gen126:

I intend to burn Evans... not just the clothes :mad::mad::mad:

Why do Evans think that if you are a plus size that you want sleeveless tops!!? Maybe I'm the only chunky lady that doesn't enjoy showing her bat wings off !!??

Why do Evans think that if you are a plus size you must have NO fashion sense

Why do Evans assume if you are a plus size that you must be 'regular height'

Now look.... you've started a rant!!!

I'll get back in my box now... or pop outside the hotel for a ciggy - I'm on the 3rd floor so the exercise will do me good!!

Seriously pmsl!!!!!!! :patback::soapbox:

urbanprincess said:
Hey Lucia.... can I just say that I love you already??!!! I have fostered in the past... and am looking to do it again in the future. Your children are exceptionally lucky to have your love & care.... as much as you are lucky to have been blessed with them..... definitely a win:win ..... think I'm gonna fill up now:cry: we have gone from wetting ourselves laughing to seriously serious..... an Eastenders script would be hard pressed to keep up with us tonight!!!!

And you darling xxx

broadsbean said:
I think i want to lose weight to find me, i have sort of got lost in this fat suit and use it as a disguise.

i have issues around being a failure and stay fat as my proof i am.

i want to be fitter and healthier and to see my grandchildren eventually

i want to buy clothes i like and not just cos they fit

i want to walk round town or into a room without people staring at me or laughing and making comments

but mostly i want to be me again xxxxxxx

I like that- I want to be me again :) xxx you have done brilliantly so far.. And will continue to as well Mandy xxx

SarahCroz said:
This thread has had me laughing and near to tears tonight. Thanks for sharing your stories.

For the first time I actually think I can do this, so glad I found you all :gen126:

:gen126: I don't think, I KNOW you will xxx

vickidyers said:

Why do Evans think that if you are a plus size that you want sleeveless tops!!? Maybe I'm the only chunky lady that doesn't enjoy showing her bat wings off !!??

I'll get back in my box now... or pop outside the hotel for a ciggy - I'm on the 3rd floor so the exercise will do me good!!

Lol and the tops are so short.. They just about cover my hanging belly! I hate them.. The coats have no shape and their tops are made for grannies!

And why do Evans think that fat birds want to pay through the nose for their crappe clothes!

body magic in practice love it.

think evans need to talk to there customer base and find out what we want :mad:

Well ladies, thank you very much for your entertaning company tonight. It's been good!

I am now off for a quick baff and then I'm orf to mi bed :)

Night night everyone xx

Oh Bums! I've not planned my food for tomorrow yet! Better do that first! :)

Hope you all have good days tomorrow xxx

We are a lovely bunch arnt we!!!!

Urban Princess, I could never foster, I dont know how anyone manages that, must be so hard.

Back