>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Mmmmm bf has made me tuna pasta - not very exciting but I can smell it from downstairs! I'm still at work and don't finish till 8 :( and I'm staaaaaarving!! Could literally eat a horse atm! Forgot to say I had fruit for brekkie and a ham salad sandwich for lunch which is all free, tea will be all free, had around 1.5 ltrs of water so far (boss keeps on at me cos i keep jumping off to the loo so i've had to calm my water intake down a smidge! lol) so gonna have maybe a yogurt for pud and try to avoid the rest of my daughters bday cake which is sitting in the fridge (thankfully I didn't get a big one so not much left!)

bubulix said:
It's probably been mentioned on the site before but if you are looking for good ideas for something different I've found the Philadelphia recipe section on their website ace (there is also an app).

I made a carbonara last week and a green Thai curry tonight (1 syn plus hexb)

I've seen the advert for the green Thai curry- how was it?

dory78 said:
Mmmmm bf has made me tuna pasta - not very exciting but I can smell it from downstairs! I'm still at work and don't finish till 8 :( and I'm staaaaaarving!! Could literally eat a horse atm! Forgot to say I had fruit for brekkie and a ham salad sandwich for lunch which is all free, tea will be all free, had around 1.5 ltrs of water so far (boss keeps on at me cos i keep jumping off to the loo so i've had to calm my water intake down a smidge! lol) so gonna have maybe a yogurt for pud and try to avoid the rest of my daughters bday cake which is sitting in the fridge (thankfully I didn't get a big one so not much left!)

my pasta bake was yummy.. So I'm sure you're will be too.

Dome job on the syn free front dory! Xx

It was really nice and filling and different from having tomato based sauces. Easy to make too.

There is a spicy chicken taco and mango rice recipe which I might use so syns for next week.

Before being on SW I'd never had Philadelphia or thought about cooking with it.

bubulix said:
It was really nice and filling and different from having tomato based sauces. Easy to make too.

There is a spicy chicken taco and mango rice recipe which I might use so syns for next week.

Before being on SW I'd never had Philadelphia or thought about cooking with it.

Me neither.. I use it as spread on my toast in the morning!

Checking in tonight with a very surprising 1 and a half off for me :D:D:D I think that makes 10lbs so far this year.

Lucia Lucia said:
Checking in tonight with a very surprising 1 and a half off for me :D:D:D I think that makes 10lbs so far this year.

WOOHOO!!!!! Well done Lucia! Only 4 more lbs till it's a stone!!

Roziee said:
WOOHOO!!!!! Well done Lucia! Only 4 more lbs till it's a stone!!

Hi everyone i haven't been on here for a while, wow I can't keep up! I've lost 2 and a half in the lat two weeks so roziee could u update me please? I've been really busy at work but I got an exercise bike the other day! Gonna go on it 3 times a week just to begin with but I'm already feeling so much better even though my weight loss is still slow!

broadsbean - I'm loving your Feb goals! Although I'd be lucky to complete 4-5 hrs of exercise in the month!! (Unless you include *ahem* bedroom exercise! ;) ) Might inspire me to create some specific goals myself :)

Lucia im going to try the baked custard recipe in a little while.. Will let u know how it turns out. Did u let it cool before eating?

Yes, I def cooked it too high and too quick and it was less creme brulee and more sweet scramled egg:D

This is the recipe I'm using..

syn free baked egg custard
Some might already know this but i made this the other night and it was delicious
5oz vlf fomage frais
2 eggs beaten
a few drops of vanilla essence
grated nutmeg to taste
2 tbls low calorie sweetener
mix all together and put into ramekin dishes sprayed with spray light
Bake in ban marie for 20/25 mins on gas mark 4 (sorry dont know for electric)

Sound familiar or did u use another recipe?

This looks much better. I "forgot" to use the bain marie as I was in a hurry and substitited fromage frais for milk and didnt have many eggs so it had alot of milk in it! I was on a loser from the off!

Lucia Lucia said:
This looks much better. I "forgot" to use the bain marie as I was in a hurry and substitited fromage frais for milk and didnt have many eggs so it had alot of milk in it! I was on a loser from the off!

Lol no wonder it was sweet scrambled eggs lol

Ahh, that's better! Headache gone and a meal out with all syns still intact! Gammon and egg, new potatoes, peas and a diet pepsi :).

This is the recipe I'm using..

syn free baked egg custard
Some might already know this but i made this the other night and it was delicious
5oz vlf fomage frais
2 eggs beaten
a few drops of vanilla essence
grated nutmeg to taste
2 tbls low calorie sweetener
mix all together and put into ramekin dishes sprayed with spray light
Bake in ban marie for 20/25 mins on gas mark 4 (sorry dont know for electric)

Sound familiar or did u use another recipe?

That sounds flipping gorgeous:D

I've nicked it! :eek::D

SarahCroz said:
Ahh, that's better! Headache gone and a meal out with all syns still intact! Gammon and egg, new potatoes, peas and a diet pepsi :).

Aww well dome Sarah! Did u have a nice meal out with hubby? X

Corkscrew said:
That sounds flipping gorgeous:D

I've nicked it! :eek::D

I hope it is.. I miss custard.. Hubby has a cake in the oven. Silly man :( but I'll resist if these are nice. Actually I will resist even if it isn't :D

All you have to do now is polish your halo :D lol

Well done! :) Glad the headache has bogged off :D

Back