>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

=Roziee;4645057

Where do you live again? Lol

Not Reading - that's the ex-outlaws :D I live between Doncaster and Pontefract, West Yorkshire :)

Do you know how many syns are in tinned madarins Sarah? I love them :D

I don't, but figured they were in juice (which I drained) and I used one small tin for the whole roulade, about 6 slices.
I know there's the whole food abuse debate but it's just fruit, it can't be that bad.

SarahCroz said:
I don't, but figured they were in juice (which I drained) and I used one small tin for the whole roulade, about 6 slices.
I know there's the whole food abuse debate but it's just fruit, it can't be that bad.

Go on you rebel you ;-) hehehe

I agree :) Confession time............I dont ever ever ever bother to syn tinned pineapple in it's own juice :eek: AND I don't syn cooked fruit :eek: An apple is an apple, no matter if it's raw or cooked in my opinion :eek:

Shoot me now!!! :8855:

Arrrggghhh... hotel wifi keeps packing up - trying to type before it goes plop again!

Work is going well, I ended up late agaion this morning as I still can't get my head around the one-way system in Reading!! Looking forward tog oing back home to Somerset tomorrow after work. Back here again Monday.

You baaaaaaaaaaaaddd lot!! Not synning you fruit juice!!?? I must admit when I use tinned fruit I really do make every effort to squeeze of any juice as I can remember reading that fruit juice has naturally very high levels of sugar in it.

But hey - if we're losing, we're losing!! We are all heading in the right direction and thats the most important thing. I'm feeling better and better as the weeks go by. Only problem is it's costing me a fortune in suits!!

Nigella has this amaaaazing pear and chocolate cake.. Tinned pears and you pour chocolate cake mixture over it.. Divine. Gonna make some on my next off day. Oh yes please!

Need to have a syn free day tomorrow. Had a slice of cake that hubby made-10 syns.. Only 5 over from today but just wanna reign it in.

Brekkie? Toast, eggs etc
Lunch? Left over pasta bake
Supper? No idea....

vickidyers said:
Arrrggghhh... hotel wifi keeps packing up - trying to type before it goes plop again!

Work is going well, I ended up late agaion this morning as I still can't get my head around the one-way system in Reading!! Looking forward tog oing back home to Somerset tomorrow after work. Back here again Monday.

You baaaaaaaaaaaaddd lot!! Not synning you fruit juice!!?? I must admit when I use tinned fruit I really do make every effort to squeeze of any juice as I can remember reading that fruit juice has naturally very high levels of sugar in it.

But hey - if we're losing, we're losing!! We are all heading in the right direction and thats the most important thing. I'm feeling better and better as the weeks go by. Only problem is it's costing me a fortune in suits!!

How long will it take you to get back home? Xx

To be fair though, I rarely eat tinned or cooked fruit :D lol

Just thought I'd be radical :D lol

Haha, me neither. Have the occasional apple or banana and I bought some frozen mixed berries last week but I'm not that keen on fruit.

I've been keeping the syns to a minimum during the week incase I go out at the weekend and have a drink. For instance today.. I had an egg, a tomato and mushrooms for brekkie. Didn't eat lunch but had a bag of french fries (4 syns) and then my dinner which had no syns. My logic is over the course of a week a couple of syns for things like tinned fruit probably won't make a difference but it gives me something to be more strict with when I gain or sts!

I rarely make a SW pudding. Sometimes I by a low pud. Tesco do a lighter choices choc mousse for 95 cals so I figure thats 5 syns and it hits the spot. I eat alot of quark mixed with sweetner and vanilla essence and have that on fruit like melon and mango etc. Yeo valley do a fab frozen strawb yogurt and thats lovely on fruit and if you syn it it's pretty low. Sometimes I have an animal choc bar and a cup of tea and thats low syn.

The one dessert I used to make when I did SW before was lemon mousse and had that with a sponge finger which is 1 syn. I'm going to try and remember the recipe but im sure its whisked egg whites, a sugar free lemon jelly made up with just a quarter of a pint of water and quark and grated lemon zest and juice of a lemon then chilled. I remember eating it quite a lot before. The other thing i'm going to try is the pear and choc sponge. I'm going to try synning a choc sponge mix and adding a bit of baking powder to make it lighter. I always do a proper pud on Sunday.

We are away Sat and Sun in Surrey for an 80th birthday do. Will try and be ultra good before and after and make good choices while i'm away.

Good luck anyone weighing today!

Safe journey Vicki x x

I've just realised I may get a gain this week :( I've been ill this week with a nasty cough and because I have asthma the Dr gave me steroids to get rid of it. Unfortunately one of the side effects can be weight gain, I'm hoping it won't affect me too badly as its only a short course but we'll have to see on Monday I guess.

It's only temporary, Dory...don't let it get you down.

PurpleRoses said:
Morning all 5lbs off for me this morning!!! :) :) :)

Have a good day all xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's brill! Well done PR xxx

Lucia Lucia said:
I rarely make a SW pudding. Sometimes I by a low pud. Tesco do a lighter choices choc mousse for 95 cals so I figure thats 5 syns and it hits the spot. I eat alot of quark mixed with sweetner and vanilla essence and have that on fruit like melon and mango etc. Yeo valley do a fab frozen strawb yogurt and thats lovely on fruit and if you syn it it's pretty low. Sometimes I have an animal choc bar and a cup of tea and thats low syn.

The one dessert I used to make when I did SW before was lemon mousse and had that with a sponge finger which is 1 syn. I'm going to try and remember the recipe but im sure its whisked egg whites, a sugar free lemon jelly made up with just a quarter of a pint of water and quark and grated lemon zest and juice of a lemon then chilled. I remember eating it quite a lot before. The other thing i'm going to try is the pear and choc sponge. I'm going to try synning a choc sponge mix and adding a bit of baking powder to make it lighter. I always do a proper pud on Sunday.

We are away Sat and Sun in Surrey for an 80th birthday do. Will try and be ultra good before and after and make good choices while i'm away.

Good luck anyone weighing today!

I'm never going to make an sw pudding after yesterday's disaster Lucia.. Lol

Have fun at the birthday party... 80 years old.. Feels like a life time away...

vickidyers said:
Good morning all - so frustrated at internet access in hotel last night. I couldn't get back on here and chat or fill in my diary. :mad:

I should take me about 3 hours to get home tonight - woohooooo I'll be home by 8:30 x x :D

Have a safe journey home tonight vicki xx

dory78 said:
I've just realised I may get a gain this week :( I've been ill this week with a nasty cough and because I have asthma the Dr gave me steroids to get rid of it. Unfortunately one of the side effects can be weight gain, I'm hoping it won't affect me too badly as its only a short course but we'll have to see on Monday I guess.

Don't be sad, medicine does that to us all at times.. It'll come right off as soon as you're off the medicine x

Hi Dory, I'm asthmatic and live off ventolin and symbicourt. I occassionally have to go into hospital where they give me a high dose, short course of steroids. But I somehow (yeah - i maybe mad!!) turn this into a positive. I know that steroids can affect my losses so I combat it by being extra good - filling up on superspeed foods e.g melon, raspberries etc... I normally manage a loss - probably because I 'over-compensate'!!

Best wishes and thinking of you - asthma is not fun :(

Back