>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Despite sticking to plan religiously, it seems being laid up with my back all week has landed me a 2.5lb gain. Gutted.

latebloomer said:
Hey guys - just to let u all know I had 3lbs off 2nt and got my stone award :) xx

Fantastic, well done x

paulabeard said:
im so organised today, iv made my tea , shepherds pie, so after parents evening tonight i wont be tempted to do the macdonalds thing on the way home, which i normally would! hope everyone is having a good day xx

How was parents evening?

peacedove said:
I know what you mean about the other half, mine can eat and eat and never put on a pound.....he's like a young Iggy Pop..minus the see through trousers!! But I do often feel like a shire horse stood next to a shetland pony!! We have been together for 11yrs and he is supportive of my weight loss but has never made me feel uncomfortable about my weight gain....I've put on about 4st since we met...and we used to joke about me being larger than the average bear back then!!
He has promised to give up smoking if I...sorry...when I lose that 4st, and I have never ever known him not to keep a promise, so that is very motivating.
I have been sticking to mostly super free for the last day or two and will do so untill weigh in tomorrow evening. Mixed berries and fat free greek yog for brekkie, large mixed salad with cottage cheese for lunch, a mug shot mid afternoon if I feel the need for some carbs and a quorn shepards pie with a swede and carrott topping with loads of hidden superfree in it and some greens on the side.....milk and yoghurt for my calcium but haven't had my B choice for the last couple of days...haven't felt the need and have eaten so much superfree I'm sure my bowel won't suffer......although those around me might!!
I am trying to drink a glass of water with each meal but I really am rubbish at water drinking!!
Good luck to all Tues weighers....we can do this girlies!!!
Big love xxx

What a lovely thing that you other half will do once you've lost the weight :) excellent motivation.
Wow that's alot of SF! well done u x

xMandyDx said:
Despite sticking to plan religiously, it seems being laid up with my back all week has landed me a 2.5lb gain. Gutted.

:( you've been I'll and haven't done any exercise...your body is retaining eater from your back.. Don't worry ((hugs)) although I know it's not hard to,

Thanks emmy, corkscrew and roziee :D xx

Aww, I really feel for you Mandy. It's so disheartening when you feel you've been really good but get a gain. In the past that's all I've needed to go running back to the fridge and before long the healthy eating plan is history. I hope this hasn't set you back, you know that you kept to plan and it's probably just your body re-adjusting to a different level of activity. I'm sure you'll see it come off again as soon as you're more mobile. xx

Well, the last few days have been a disaster foodwise :sigh:

I was terrible while we were away and loast night to cap it all it was my nephews birthday at Pizza Hut. I was going to have a pizzetta which was the lowest cals wise. Unfortunately there were 21 in the party and it was all ordered to have lots of huge deep pan pizzas to help ourselves from. I was really hungry and just went for it.

I weighed myself this morning and was 10 lbs heavier than Friday morning :eek:

I have just started afresh today. No starving myself or anything, will accept the gain at WI on Thurs and move on.

Hope everyone is ok.

I was terrible while we were away and loast night to cap it all it was my nephews birthday at Pizza Hut. I was going to have a pizzetta which was the lowest cals wise. Unfortunately there were 21 in the party and it was all ordered to have lots of huge deep pan pizzas to help ourselves from. I was really hungry and just went for it.

I have just started afresh today. No starving myself or anything, will accept the gain at WI on Thurs and move on.

Hope everyone is ok.

Sometimes life just gets in the way doesn't it? We can start with the best intentions and they somehow get sabotaged. I'm sure you'll be able to do a bit of damage limitation before weigh in day. xx

Lucia Lucia said:

Hope everyone is ok.

Hey, i no its frustrating but dont let this upset you my lovely there are going to be times for all of us where its just not possible or practical to stick to plan, you are back on track now and that is theain thing, im glad to hear you are not starving yourself as that will do you no good at all, please dont give yourself a hard time we all love you and are hear for you xxx

Right ladies - its my Wi tomorrow night and due to a totally Undeserved gain last week I'm worried I'll get another despite being just as good as last week! - so a very important and crucial question to you all:
If after turning down dominos pizza this week and being 100% on plan I get another gain... Which limb should I chop off to ensure a loss next week???

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Evenin' all!

I've finally found a good thing about living in my hotel in Reading!! I've been out for a jog this evening (yes it was *%^&%^*^ cold!) and I don't care how stupid I look in my flourescent yellow running top and jogging bottoms that are about 4" to short because no-one knows me around here woohooooooo!!

Had another carvery tonight!! Turkey Roast this evening x

Right ladies - its my Wi tomorrow night and due to a totally Undeserved gain last week I'm worried I'll get another despite being just as good as last week! - so a very important and crucial question to you all:
If after turning down dominos pizza this week and being 100% on plan I get another gain... Which limb should I chop off to ensure a loss next week???

:roofles:
On my jog route this eve I passed (and I promise this list is genuine!!):

Dominoes pizza
TGI Fridays (that was the worst for me)
Indian takeaway
Chinese takeaway
Fish n chip shop
Kebab takeaway

I think I'll change the route next time!!

vickidyers said:
:roofles:
On my jog route this eve I passed (and I promise this list is genuine!!):

Dominoes pizza
TGI Fridays (that was the worst for me)
Indian takeaway
Chinese takeaway
Fish n chip shop
Kebab takeaway

I think I'll change the route next time!!

Think I'll be jogging that route tomorrow night if I don't lose! Lol

Lucia Lucia said:

Hope everyone is ok.

Do not starve yourself otherwise it'll end up messing your head up.. Lots of SF foods, water intake and the weight will come off. In positive alot of that weight is water retention...
How was the birthday party and what lovely food did u eat? Did u enjoy yourself? Did u get stuck with the snow?

Much love to you always Lucia x

Emmey1 said:

You will do no such thing because you need both legs to run away from corkey- she's threatened to stalk you with some fish- apparently ;-) lol x

vickidyers said:
Evenin' all!

I've finally found a good thing about living in my hotel in Reading!! I've been out for a jog this evening (yes it was *%^&%^*^ cold!) and I don't care how stupid I look in my flourescent yellow running top and jogging bottoms that are about 4" to short because no-one knows me around here woohooooooo!!

Had another carvery tonight!! Turkey Roast this evening x

Hey vicki- how's work hun? Yay on the jogging! X

Works OK thanks Roziee - I'm adjusting to living in a hotel and adjusting the SW diet quite well too.

I pre-order breakfast and I normally have:
Bacon (all fat removed - bless them here, they do that for me) red day
Baked beans if green day
grilled tomatoes
Scrambled eggs
1 slice wholemeal toast

Evening meal is a carvery

I've settled in a bit now and getting used to it x

Roziee, I had a fab time!

On Sat I ate and drank rather alot at Frankie and Benny's.

On Sun morning I had a huge buffet hotel breakfast.

Then we got rather stuck in the snow and eventually got to the party and I had:

salmon en croute and lots of veg in butter etc followed by THREE puddings, roulade ( and it wasnt the half syn one), trifle and profiteroles all washed down with alot of wine .....

followed by two pieces of birthday cake and two glasses of champagne.

On Monday we had a party for my nephew at pizza hut and I more or less ate everything on the menu!

Roziee said:
You will do no such thing because you need both legs to run away from corkey- she's threatened to stalk you with some fish- apparently ;-) lol x

I have curried parsnip soup at the ready to defend her off ;-)

Morning everyone!

eggs this morning and the trusty grapefruit and feeling like fatty harbuckle still but onwards and downwards!

Loads of snow here still. My daughter just measured the front garden and it's 8 inches!

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning Everyone. I have been lurking on this thread for a while and actually have been reading since it was started. Even though I do have 6 stone to lose, I think I was too much of a coward to actually write down that I would try and lose 6 stone this year, in case I failed. I started SW, on my own at home, in October and I am 37lbs down already. I have never been this focused before and am enjoying seeing the scales going down.

I think the time has come to join this thread officially and then just do my best to lose as much of the 6 stone as I can. Seeing it in writing, makes it more real!

So, hello :wavey: everyone and can I please be added to the list. I have lost 10lbs in 2012 so far. This thread is so chatty, supportive and friendly, I am sure we can do it :D

Back