>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Just a quick visit....I will pop by later to read the squillions of new posts!!

1.5 off for me today!!

Well done pinkelle!

Hey Moonstruck, I know how you feel, my weight loss isn't constant either, I'll lose 5lb one week, put on a lb the following week then lose half a lb to a lb for a week or two, then another 5/4lb loss...and I do't do anything different each week I just think some people's bodies process weight loss differently. I would love to just lose a couple of lb every week and see that regular loss as a gain or sts can be so demoralising.....but looking at a monthly loss instead and focusing on the long term goal can help...just not for that first little while after your dissapointing WI...we are only human after all.....keep going though....just think how pleased you'll be with another 10lb next month!!

Hey Moonstruck, I know how you feel, my weight loss isn't constant either, I'll lose 5lb one week, put on a lb the following week then lose half a lb to a lb for a week or two, then another 5/4lb loss...and I do't do anything different each week I just think some people's bodies process weight loss differently. I would love to just lose a couple of lb every week and see that regular loss as a gain or sts can be so demoralising.....but looking at a monthly loss instead and focusing on the long term goal can help...just not for that first little while after your dissapointing WI...we are only human after all.....keep going though....just think how pleased you'll be with another 10lb next month!!

Thanks peacedove! Glad someone else's loss is like this too. You are definitely right - I would be thrilled with another 10lbs next month! :D

I think I need to really start doing some Body Magic too. I was knackered after doing the hokey cokey with my daughter last night!

Lol! I'm finally beginning to feel the benefits of my weight loss so far. I had to nearly a mile through London city center yesterday to catch a train yesterday. 6 months ago I wouldn't have made it and I would be somewhere near Victoria station on a heap on the floor wheezing! I was out of breath when I caught the train (not gasping though!), I was surprised at what I had actually done and how different that was from 6 months ago.

Sometimes the weight loss benefits don't appear straight away, but I'm certainly noticing them now.

I now fitter than my other half!! Mwhahahaha I do let him know this!!!

I love Peacedove thoughts above - I am very excited by the prospect that by the end of Feb I could be another 10lbs lighter ... wooohoooooo!!

Ohhhh I'd love to be 10lbs lighter by the end of Feb - but I'm going to aim for 6lbs which will mean I've lost a stone and a half this year :) Also puts me ahead of target for the 6stone for the year! woohoo!

Well ladies I can keep my limbs!

2lb off for me which I'm happy with :) rozie could ya update my stats thank you very much! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hi all not been on for a few weeks hope you've all been getting on ok :) well I lost 1.5lb last monday on WI.. Which took me to a 12lb weight loss in 3 weeks was soooooo hoping for a 2lb this week to get that shiny sticker ...BUT!!!! I put on 1.5 I stuck to the plan food wise but went out sat night so kinda explains the gain:( but this week I WILL lose!!!! hehehe

I think we are all doing bloody brilliant !!!! To those of you who have had a gain or sts or small loss, remember the bigger picture we are all still smaller than we were so in my book we are superstars cxxx

Emmey1 said:
I have curried parsnip soup at the ready to defend her off ;-)

Lol make it extra parsnippy! ;-) x

Danigrace said:
Good Morning Everyone. I have been lurking on this thread for a while and actually have been reading since it was started. Even though I do have 6 stone to lose, I think I was too much of a coward to actually write down that I would try and lose 6 stone this year, in case I failed. I started SW, on my own at home, in October and I am 37lbs down already. I have never been this focused before and am enjoying seeing the scales going down.

I think the time has come to join this thread officially and then just do my best to lose as much of the 6 stone as I can. Seeing it in writing, makes it more real!

So, hello :wavey: everyone and can I please be added to the list. I have lost 10lbs in 2012 so far. This thread is so chatty, supportive and friendly, I am sure we can do it :D

Good evening! :) hey danigrace :) :) so happy to have you here..

No need to be shy, and you were definitely not a coward.. I will update your stats in a little while ma love..

Here's to a great year to us all! Xxx

Corkscrew said:
:eek: don't you come near me with that vile stuff :eek::eek: I'll........I'll.........I'll....... bash you with a cod fillet! :8855: :bolt:

Corkey u do make me laugh lol

peacedove said:
Welcome Danigrace, your right this is the chattiest group...some times takes me a quite a while to catch up once I've signed on....hope the boss isn't looking at my internet record!!!
Lucia sometimes we have to have a blow out, the difference is we aren't damaging ourselves by eating like that everyday.....you have to fall off the horse sometimes so you can teach yourself how to climb back on it pronto!!! I'm sure that extra weight will vamoose very soon.
Weigh in day for me today, hoping for a loss this week, it's sometimes around the six to eight week that I start to flag so will probably need a boot up the bum soon!!
OOhh and Emmy...Corkscrew.....ever thought about a lovely curried parsnip and fishie pie....lush!!! xxx

Peacey u always give such good advise x

vickidyers said:
Not only supportive and chatty - but excellant advice on how to beat people away with free and superspeed foods!

Pickled onions - free on both days and can be used in catapults to defend against potential threats
Lamb on the bone - free on red/EE (remove all visable fat) and suprise any attacker by beating them with it, particularly good defence item if frozen
Honey Dew Melon - superfree and superspeed. Throw at attackers to keep them away. Eat when ripe - for use only as a weapon when rotton

Hahahahaha

Emmey1 said:
Love it

Bread stick - a huge one - a big no no so use it to penetrate through the chest of your mortal enemy!

Lol you girls crack me up!

Moonstruck_Morning said:
WI this morning and I have lost 0.5lb after STS the last week.
I'm really gutted because I have been so good :cry:
Consultant said to see it as 10lbs lost over 4 weeks but when I had lost 9.5 over 2 weeks that doesn't feel like much consolation.

That's excellent.. As long as it's coming off every week that's the main thing,,, sometimes our bodies need time to catch up with the weight loss so I'm positive you will lose next week as long as you're sticking to plan xxx

pinkelle said:
Just a quick visit....I will pop by later to read the squillions of new posts!!

1.5 off for me today!!

Well done pinkelle! Xxx

vickidyers said:
Lol! I'm finally beginning to feel the benefits of my weight loss so far. I had to nearly a mile through London city center yesterday to catch a train yesterday. 6 months ago I wouldn't have made it and I would be somewhere near Victoria station on a heap on the floor wheezing! I was out of breath when I caught the train (not gasping though!), I was surprised at what I had actually done and how different that was from 6 months ago.

Sometimes the weight loss benefits don't appear straight away, but I'm certainly noticing them now.

I now fitter than my other half!! Mwhahahaha I do let him know this!!!

I love Peacedove thoughts above - I am very excited by the prospect that by the end of Feb I could be another 10lbs lighter ... wooohoooooo!!

Aww that's excellent! Xx

Emmey1 said:
Well ladies I can keep my limbs!

2lb off for me which I'm happy with :) rozie could ya update my stats thank you very much! :)

Yayy! Well done emmey! Very happy for you xxx

jemmsie83 said:
hi all not been on for a few weeks hope you've all been getting on ok :) well I lost 1.5lb last monday on WI.. Which took me to a 12lb weight loss in 3 weeks was soooooo hoping for a 2lb this week to get that shiny sticker ...BUT!!!! I put on 1.5 I stuck to the plan food wise but went out sat night so kinda explains the gain:( but this week I WILL lose!!!! hehehe
Well done jemmsie.. I'll update you xxx

Hi all. Hope you've all had a good week. Just got back from WI and have lost another 6lbs !! Am putting it down to having a really bad cold but I'll take it anyway I can. I have now lost 1stone 5lbs in 3 weeks. I also got slimmer of the week this week. I'm so pleased with myself. In fact I'm now going to have a celebratory glass of wine xx

Roziee, thats a very strange meal!

Mushy peas, beetroot sw chips and cheese!

Lucia Lucia said:
Roziee, thats a very strange meal!

Mushy peas, beetroot sw chips and cheese!

Well..I wanted to ensure I had 1/3 super free and I was supposed to have a side salad but it's too cold for cold salad and I quite like beetroot so thought I'd have that instead! :D

Cheesy chips are delicious!

I mostly do red and green days as I can't cope with the 1/3rd super free thingy (and I like the additional HEXB!!!).

Had another carvery tonight - roast gammon this evening! My Manky hotel is full next week - so I've been booked into one in Wokingham instead and I down loaded the menu to get prepared in advance and there's not a single healthy thing on there!! AND I nearly died a the prices. So I hope to just drive back into Reading and continue with my carverys - they seem to be working!!

My yummy supper

That's an interesting combination!!

vickydyers said:
Plus side - new hotel has got a gym - so I might not be quite so chatty next week, I plan to spend the entire evening in the gym!

That sounds like a great idea :D

vickidyers said:
I mostly do red and green days as I can't cope with the 1/3rd super free thingy (and I like the additional HEXB!!!).

Had another carvery tonight - roast gammon this evening! My Manky hotel is full next week - so I've been booked into one in Wokingham instead and I down loaded the menu to get prepared in advance and there's not a single healthy thing on there!! AND I nearly died a the prices. So I hope to just drive back into Reading and continue with my carverys - they seem to be working!!

How far is Woking from reading vicki? We still have no idea where we're moving so might look at some houses there too...

Danigrace said:
That's an interesting combination!!

That sounds like a great idea :D

It was lol...

sallyannetag said:
hey lost another lb tonight.

Well dome :) :)
I have updated your stats x

Back