>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Well done Emmy....I think I might give it a go....my daughters and I were contemplating getting a Wii and doing Zumba, Just Dance that kind of thing for a laugh but my eldest daughter has unfortunately inherited my thunder thighs and ample bottom...along with my magnificent bosom so not all bad!!....and she would like to tone up...and my youngest daughter and I are off to Mallorca in April to visit my family...but we are staying in an all inclusive hotel...with a lovely pool....ohh heck...so the dreaded swimsuit will have to be purchased!!! Toning could be a good idea!!! x

Just caught up - wow can you ladies talk;) I only lost half a pound this weekm but a least it was a loss.
I don't think I would be able to do that DVD. I struggle getting the Rosemary Connelly one done, I usually only get to do the warm up:sigh:. But it is more than I have done for a couple of years:banana dancer:

Just caught up - wow can you ladies talk;) I only lost half a pound this weekm but a least it was a loss.
I don't think I would be able to do that DVD. I struggle getting the Rosemary Connelly one done, I usually only get to do the warm up:sigh:. But it is more than I have done for a couple of years:banana dancer:

I do the Rosemary Connelly one - well when I can be bothered! I'll be honest I'm holding off on exercise this time, different tactic, I'm waiting till I start to plateau at around 2.5 stone and then hopefully kick start it with some exercise. I'm thinking that way I'll stay motivated - plus it should be warmer then ;) haha! I'll start nice and easy with some walking and build it from there - theres some challenges on the online SW site where you can aim to walk round central park or from lands end to john o groats or what have you so I might tackle those when I need to :)

Emmey...are you alive....can you walk to the computer? I've been thinking about doing the shred....or going back to a dance class....feel a bit more fairy elephant than sugar plum fairy at the mo though....and not sure my ankles will support all 16st of me on pointe!! When I was very young I was in a pantomime with the Rollie Pollies....do you remember them, the larger ladies that were Les Dawsons chorus girls.......little did I know then a decade or two later I could have auditioned for a place in there line up!!!
Corky you have made my day....I always guesstimated a bottle of wine at about 30syns...but I'm happy to go with 24, you sound to me like a lady who will have done her research....thoroughly!!! So although I have promised myself an alcohol free weekend....having my Grandaughter to stay....(not a good idea with a hangover) the following week I will feel much less guilty whilst quaffing a few glasses!!!

The roly polys!!!!!

Big exciting non scale victory to report! I bought some boots and got them on my legs and zipped up!!!!! First for me! No more freezing in shoes!

Neither, it was just a funny memory, remember the really large lady in the middle:D

Think I may be overdoing the sf for my tea! Lol. Having loads of veg in a stirfry with a salmon fillet followed by chopped fruit salad with a muller light. Yummmmm

Yes, nail on the head Peacedove. The thing is lots of us have lost a bit of weight in the past and then fell off the wagon and regained it. It's about making strategies to manage our weight long term.

I had my first "fall off the wagon big time" since August and i'm facing my first real gain. The difference this time is I havent thrown it all away and just kept eating, i've looked ahead and just taken control with my eating again. This is a real key thing for me and lots of you I suspect.

I have found the programme "obese, a year to save my life" very inspiring, Jessie, ( isnt he just lovely) says, "just give me a year of commitment 365 days". I keep saying that in my head.Since Aug, i've lost almost 5 stones and by August, I will have given a year of my life to this and I probably will have saved my own life. I was over 24 st to begin with. But there is no end is there, it is our new life x

Be proud of yourselves, girls!

Well said Lucia!!! Couldn't of put it better myself.Well done for drawing that line and starting a new day.Whatever the gain you know it will soon be off again and more besides:) xxx

Well, it's 68 calories for 100ml (Dry white is only 64, but I'm having some cheeky red :D) so technically it's only 23.8 syns! WooHoo :8855:

Whatever you do though, don't choose a sweet wine cos that's 32.9 :D

Can you tell I'm having a lazy day at work......converting all my fave tipples in points from my friends calorie book! :8855:

Here's the fruits of my labours for the last 5 mins ..........

Red = 23.8 syns per bottle
Rose = 24.85 syns per bottle
Dry white = 23.10 syns per bottle
Medium white and sparkling white = 25.90 syns per bottle
Sweet white = 32.90 syns per bottle

Oh crikey:eek::eek: trust me to like sweet white lol

Hello everyone, so much to read, I'm not going to even try commenting on all the posts. So, hope everyone is doing ok. Well done on the losses, commiserations if you gained and welcome if you've joined us (think that covers it :D).

Have struggled a little this week, been feeling really hungry and had the urge to pick. I think I've kept a lid on it and fended off a couple of potential binges but I definitely don't feel 'in control'. I'm finding it hard to drink my water because it's so cold, I really don't feel like it :sigh:.

I'm trying to think of something positive to focus on so I'm thinking of things to look forward to when (not if) I lose this weight. Apart from the obvious, fitting into clothes in 'regular sizes', feeling more mobile and healthy. It's the little embassassing things that only people who are seriously overweight can relate to Lets start a wish list!! Here's a few of mine...

1. Not feeling hot and sweaty even when it's not hot.
2. Not looking at chairs in public places worrying they might not be sturdy enough.
3. Doing up a seatbelt on a plane without having to lengthen it to it's longest setting. And being comfortable with the tray table down.
4. Small toilet cubicles.... nuff said!
5. Wearing pretty shoes/heels.

SarahCroz said:
Hello everyone, so much to read, I'm not going to even try commenting on all the posts. So, hope everyone is doing ok. Well done on the losses, commiserations if you gained and welcome if you've joined us (think that covers it :D).

Have struggled a little this week, been feeling really hungry and had the urge to pick. I think I've kept a lid on it and fended off a couple of potential binges but I definitely don't feel 'in control'. I'm finding it hard to drink my water because it's so cold, I really don't feel like it :sigh:.

I'm trying to think of something positive to focus on so I'm thinking of things to look forward to when (not if) I lose this weight. Apart from the obvious, fitting into clothes in 'regular sizes', feeling more mobile and healthy. It's the little embassassing things that only people who are seriously overweight can relate to Lets start a wish list!! Here's a few of mine...

2. Not looking at chairs in public places worrying they might not be sturdy enough.
3. Doing up a seatbelt on a plane without having to lengthen it to it's longest setting. And being comfortable with the tray table down.

Breaking toilet seats!
Inner thigh friction burn from rubbing!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

SarahCroz said:

Oh god I was in the council office the other day and it was so embarrassing as the seats had arms and not a lot of space between them. I couldn't fit in the chair so had to perch on the edge :( I'm always having to check seats to see if they have arms as I probably won't fit in them :(

Buying knee high boots from a regular shoe shop and being able to zip them all the way up.
Not having to wear a cardigan to cover my lumps and bumps

You can eat eggs on any day, they are free :D

Well, girls, my gain is weighed in at 3.5lbs so i'm aiming for 4 off this week! Roziee please update my stats, thanks very muchly x

Hello ladies,

I have updated all those that have reported their WI results but could u please check just to make sure lol

Lots of posts to read :D so don't want to have left anyone out.

Ilovecake- thank you for popping in :)

Dory- no more naughty stuff ok? ((hugs)) you can have an off day at the end of march... Because thats when I'm having mine :D

Everyone has done so well... Lots of WI today so well done everyone :) xx

Lucia Lucia said:
You can eat eggs on any day, they are free :D

Well, girls, my gain is weighed in at 3.5lbs so i'm aiming for 4 off this week! Roziee please update my stats, thanks very muchly x

Knew I hadnt done yours! Better than 10lbs right? And u had a good time :) brill! Xx

Mmmmm let me fink :D

1. Sitting on a barstood with crossed legs (sounds bonkers, I know! lol)
2. Buying clothes from any shop I fancy
3. Wearing smaller, pretty underwear again

Back