>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Just looked at the update on the SW website about Onken:
"Onken have recently redeveloped their fat free flavoured yogurts and they now contain sugar rather than sweetener. This means that the calorie content of all three of their fat free flavoured yogurts has increased significantly and as a result, they’re no longer Free."
:(

A monopod? Is that like having a monoboob when you wear a sports bra?

Moonstruck_Morning said:
Just looked at the update on the SW website about Onken:
"Onken have recently redeveloped their fat free flavoured yogurts and they now contain sugar rather than sweetener. This means that the calorie content of all three of their fat free flavoured yogurts has increased significantly and as a result, they're no longer Free."
:(

Why would they do that people liked it before why make it bad for you? I dint get it xx thanks for info though :)

Hiya...I have lost another 1lb this week!

My losses are slowing now and I have decided to start my body magic this week. I am going to a "mini bootcamp" on Sunday morning which my sw consultant is running which should get me started but I was wondering if anyone had any tips of body magic I can start. I have lots of weight to lose so don't want to push myself too hard at first.

I was thinking of taking my 16 month old daughter Lexie out for "brisk" walks in the buggy and doing an exercise dvd. Any other ideas of things I could do daily for 5, 10, 15 minutes that doesn't involve paying for a gym membership?

xx

Would it be greedy to want the ice tool AND the ground sheet this week? :D lol

Why not! :D

Well, I have had a good idea. As our weekly target weight loss figure changes (hopefully lessens) as the weeks go by, why dont we see what a wide variety of 'odd' objects we can collect over the year :D

For example, if I lose 2lb tonight, I will collect a tent, and my weight loss target figure goes down to 620g per week. If I lose that amount of weight next week, I can then collect a 4 day old labrador puppy, awww, and if I lose another 2lb then my target goes down yet again, and so on.

Any takers :sign0163:

Hiya...I have lost another 1lb this week!

My losses are slowing now and I have decided to start my body magic this week. I am going to a "mini bootcamp" on Sunday morning which my sw consultant is running which should get me started but I was wondering if anyone had any tips of body magic I can start. I have lots of weight to lose so don't want to push myself too hard at first.

I was thinking of taking my 16 month old daughter Lexie out for "brisk" walks in the buggy and doing an exercise dvd. Any other ideas of things I could do daily for 5, 10, 15 minutes that doesn't involve paying for a gym membership?

xx

Congratulations on the weight loss this week Lisa. Swimmings brilliant if you have the time to get to the pool on your own, even if you just start with 15 or 20 minutes. But walking is great too and you can take your daughter with you. Just build the time and speed up gradually.

Medicine balls and kettle bells are all the rage for muscle strengthening, theyre cheap to buy and you can just pick them up for 5 minutes here and there and gradually build up time and reps.

Hope this helps :)

Congratulations on the weight loss this week Lisa. Swimmings brilliant if you have the time to get to the pool on your own, even if you just start with 15 or 20 minutes. But walking is great too and you can take your daughter with you. Just build the time and speed up gradually.

Medicine balls and kettle bells are all the rage for muscle strengthening, theyre cheap to buy and you can just pick them up for 5 minutes here and there and gradually build up time and reps.

Hope this helps :)

I was thinking about Kettle bells as I saw an article on the SW website about a girl who lost a good amount of weight and used kettle bells to tone up. Might have to drop some hints as my birthday is coming up :)

I am not confident just yet to go swimming...which upsets me as my little girl loves the pool but my mum has to take her as I am too embarrassed. One of my goals is to lose the weight and get up the confidence to take her swimming with my mum so I can spend time with Lexie and go off swimming while my mum looks after her :)

Thats something to aim for then Lisa. But in my opinion, when I see larger people in the pool I admire their confidence to be there and I admire the fact that they are doing something about their weight. But thats just me.

In my pool there are all sorts of shapes and sizes during the day, its usually full of the over 65s lol.

I was thinking about Kettle bells as I saw an article on the SW website about a girl who lost a good amount of weight and used kettle bells to tone up. Might have to drop some hints as my birthday is coming up :)

I am not confident just yet to go swimming...which upsets me as my little girl loves the pool but my mum has to take her as I am too embarrassed. One of my goals is to lose the weight and get up the confidence to take her swimming with my mum so I can spend time with Lexie and go off swimming while my mum looks after her :)

Hey, i go swimming 3-4 times a week and yes i am probably the biggest one in the pool but i can honestly say that i have never felt embarrassed most people are more interested in what they look loike to worry about other people, swimming really is a godd way to lose weight and tone at the same time, why not give it a go and if you feel uncomfortable you can get out! you might surprise yourself you might like it! , goodluck in whatever you chose to do my lovely xxx

I absolutely love swimming, I too go about 3-4 times a week. Its the only exercise that I really enjoy doing. I permanently smell of chlorine thats the only problem tho lol, and its not good for the hair.

no very bad for your hair, i put lots of leave in conditioner on mine then tie it up into a tight bun seems to help a bit. I have to say im loving the gym , i never thought i would as im generally a lazy person lol, but i love it i go 3-4 times a week then go swimming after xx

I picked up some chocolate philly in my shopping today... now what can I do with it? Ideas, please!

Well done LisaMarie, I'd suggest power walking with your buggy, that is how I first shifted the pounds when my children were little. My daughter (who is now 21!!!) has two good friends with babies and they belong to a local group that go out as a group power buggie walking, maybe there is a group local to you..or maybe you could start one, nice social thing to do and fun for the kids too!! I used to run a little local nursery part time when my children were small, it was a couple of miles away from home and I didn't have a car. My lift stopped when a member of staff moved so I had no choice but to walk....and fast... pushing my youngest in her buggy. I had half an hour from when I dropped my eldest two to school to walk to work so I had to walk at a pace. With out changing my diet I lost a dress size within a few months just from that walking!!.....alternatively...get a dog then you have to go out every day!!! I also try to do something that's fun so maybe see if you can get a simple Zumba dvd and have a nice dance around your living room.....good luck, starting the exercise is hard but once you've pushed yourself out the door or done your dvd you'll feel great, it really does boost your mood. xxxxx

LisaMarie my daughter is 16 months too :)

I am self conscious about swimming too but when I go with her I don't feel like anyone is looking at me, just her being cute! I have a little baby swim seat for her and I push her up and down the pool in it so I am getting some exercise too.

If you've got a garden you could let her run around while you run up and down or do star jumps or something?

You are probably doing more than you realise - I know after a few rounds of 'Grand Old Duke of York' my arms feel like they've had a workout!

I picked up some chocolate philly in my shopping today... now what can I do with it? Ideas, please!

Nom! I just have mine on toast with sliced banana.

For Valentines Day I made the alpen bar cheesecakes and mixed it with quark for the topping - it tasted like a proper chocolate cheesecake :D

xMandyDx said:

Make the half syn roulade and put chocolate and banana inside - or use the mixture to make fairy cakes and top with the Philly :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done LisaMarie xx

OMG someone has just come trotting into my office with about 12 massive cream cakes :eek::eek:

Choose one he said :eek::eek: Choose one! lol Despite the fact that I could easily polish two off, I said.........."no thanks Steve, I've just had my lunch and I'm stuffed" :eek::eek: I actually refused a cake :D :woohoo:

Back