>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Corkscrew said:
It's called Obese - A Year to Save My Life. :)

Well I don't eat high amounts of meat. I don't think there's anything about SW Red days that even remotely resemble the Atkins diet. I'm puzzled why you would say the red plan isn't a way of life :confused: We're all different I guess, because it's my idea of a good, sustainable plan. Easy and healthy.

Hi Corky I didn't mean to come across as ignorant of it, I think its just my love of carbs!

I've never tried the red or green days. I dont think I could do red.. I like carbs too much,., not not enough to do green days..

I am SOOOOOOOO excited, going to try wedding dresses on at a bridal shop on Friday that are having a 'plus size' event, now I know I'm not going to be plus size by the wedding or anything but will be my first time trying on dresses even though I've been engaged for nearly 3 years! The most exciting thing is that I know she has the dress I am in love with (the one I have as my avatar) I've only seen the picture so far, so am looking forward to seeing the dress in person AND trying it on, despite being about a 22! The ladies sound so lovely at the shop and I hope it's as good as I'm imagining in my head.

Have also been asked to have a cake stall at a fundraising event over easter weekend (also happens to fall the day after my youngest son's 1st birthday, which is going to be interesting... have kind of avoiding making cakes too much whilst on SW and now I'm going to have loads of the bloody things!

Congrats to those who lost, good luck to those who are weighing tomorrow, It's the moment of truth for me too. Did do a 6 mile walk yesterday as part of my midnight walk training which I worked out with my weight, average speed and distance covered I burnt over 900 calories... hopefully that has helped a bit... fingers crossed for a sts

I know I've posted this before but I don't think you've seen it Ellen... My wedding cake :D

Attachments

• image-2774285009.jpg
    image-2774285009.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 38
I know I've posted this before but I don't think you've seen it Ellen... My wedding cake :D

That's lovely hun.

I'm not sure If I'm mental or not, but I'll be making my own cake. Got some interesting ideas planned...

ellen83 said:
That's lovely hun.

I'm not sure If I'm mental or not, but I'll be making my own cake. Got some interesting ideas planned...

This was made by my friends sister :) I think that's a wonderful idea! What ideas do u have?

This was made by my friends sister :) I think that's a wonderful idea! What ideas do u have?

Well because we are having the wedding so far away (over 250 miles away) I am thinking I am going to have the bottom tier fruit cake and then have dummy tiers for the others as this means I don't have AS much stress, then can make some other slabs of different cakes that can just be sliced (if that makes sense). I'm quite liking the shabby chic feel for cakes at the moment, like slightly modern vintage thing so maybe a play on broaches/buttons too... will of could have some flowers on but not sure what type. Will be using lace and ribbon on some tiers... I have SO many ideas, really need to start sketching! The colours for my wedding are looking to be turquoise and hot pink as an accent colour, playing with the idea of having my bridesmaids in almost 50's style dresses, a bit like this (but in my colours)
487130_10151393822510262_538565261_23247390_1218855259_n.jpg

My poor bridesmaids hey. If I didn't love my dress choice so much, I'd be tempted to wear something like this myself!

I'm obviously not overly conventional...

Roziee, another two weeks, more or less and I should have the results.

I loooooove that dress Ellen

Hi Corky I didn't mean to come across as ignorant of it, I think its just my love of carbs!

You didn't :D I was just puzzled as to what you meant and with your comparison of red days with the Atkins :D That's all! lol

I am SOOOOOOOO excited, going to try wedding dresses on at a bridal shop on Friday that are having a 'plus size' event, now I know I'm not going to be plus size by the wedding or anything but will be my first time trying on dresses even though I've been engaged for nearly 3 years! The most exciting thing is that I know she has the dress I am in love with (the one I have as my avatar) I've only seen the picture so far, so am looking forward to seeing the dress in person AND trying it on, despite being about a 22! The ladies sound so lovely at the shop and I hope it's as good as I'm imagining in my head.

Have also been asked to have a cake stall at a fundraising event over easter weekend (also happens to fall the day after my youngest son's 1st birthday, which is going to be interesting... have kind of avoiding making cakes too much whilst on SW and now I'm going to have loads of the bloody things!

Congrats to those who lost, good luck to those who are weighing tomorrow, It's the moment of truth for me too. Did do a 6 mile walk yesterday as part of my midnight walk training which I worked out with my weight, average speed and distance covered I burnt over 900 calories... hopefully that has helped a bit... fingers crossed for a sts

Awwww how exciting :D I hope it's as good and what's in your head too! lol

That's a lovely cake Rozie :) Any left? :D lol

Well because we are having the wedding so far away (over 250 miles away) I am thinking I am going to have the bottom tier fruit cake and then have dummy tiers for the others as this means I don't have AS much stress, then can make some other slabs of different cakes that can just be sliced (if that makes sense). I'm quite liking the shabby chic feel for cakes at the moment, like slightly modern vintage thing so maybe a play on broaches/buttons too... will of could have some flowers on but not sure what type. Will be using lace and ribbon on some tiers... I have SO many ideas, really need to start sketching! The colours for my wedding are looking to be turquoise and hot pink as an accent colour, playing with the idea of having my bridesmaids in almost 50's style dresses, a bit like this (but in my colours)
487130_10151393822510262_538565261_23247390_1218855259_n.jpg

My poor bridesmaids hey. If I didn't love my dress choice so much, I'd be tempted to wear something like this myself!

I'm obviously not overly conventional...

I LOVE that dress :D

xMandyDx said:
Roziee, another two weeks, more or less and I should have the results.

Fingers crossed and prayers for u darling x

Corkey- nope :D all in my tummy!

Ellen- beautiful dress! Love it!

Morning All!
looks lovely and sunny here. Off to the next big town shortly as my son has a hosp appt then I'm going in the garden and spending the rest of the day there.

Youngest is off to the big smoke to see the London Symphony Orchestra and is just about to burst!

Happy slimming :D

Last edited:
Ellen that dress is fab!! I am a vintage fan myself, I love having repro vintage dresses made, try some of these sites for 40's and 50's style dresses, some make beautiful bridesmaid dresses!! Vivien of Holloway, Big Beautiful Barbara Brown (makes up to size 28/30 I think!) Polka- Dot- Polly and Call me Betty, they all have Facebook pages as well, have a look see what you think!! ooh and try Miss L Fire for shoes, some lovey quirky 50's styles on their Facebook page....I would have to go for cupcakes if I were to get married again, all in lovely pastels with sugared almonds on top!!....although the Sience Department had a bake sale for charity last week and they made a periodic table of cupcakes which Mr PD loved!! xx

Hi all, I met up with some friends yesterday that I hadn't seen since starting my diet. I was very excited thinking they would marvel at my weight loss (22lbs) but no one noticed! I was crest fallen BUT rather than let it get me down I went to the gym and pushed myself really hard as I am determined to lose this 6 stone. Did anyone see the Obese a Year to save my Life on Monday? That has really inspired me.

Love popping in here and reading all your stories and your ups and downs and can't wait till we all get to our goals.

Can't make group this week due to being home bound with an ear infection - home scales cannot be trusted so stayed off em for ages now and don't wanna start using them - I'm calling it a STS this week and will report in next week with a loss ?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Weeeeee

I'm poorly sick! With a bit of a nasty ear infection or virus type thing - wobbled over to the supermarket to pick up supplies of medicine - when I'm poorly I always treat myself to something totally yummy - big cake or mass amount of chocolate and crisps - thought I'd treat myself today and ended up walking out the supermarket with..... A fat free yoghurt!!!!

Now I know that SW has officially been a lifestyle change for me and not just a crash diet, I've looked back and realised the 26odd weeks I've been doing it I've done it well and done it to the point where I will continue to live like this even after the weight has gone!

I've stayed strong through birthdays and celebrations - etc etc and will continue to do so - I dont miss out, I have my alcohol and chocolate and cake but I syn them so I have them in moderation - i can still have a take away but i chose the best options and syn them - like normal people should! Like I always should have - my lifestyle is now totally different and I've realised how far I've come - nearly 3stone with ease, and what's more is I know I'll get to target and stay there because this is lifestyle and not a crash diet - ill not only win but I'll stay winning - I love SW!!
?

Hope you feel better soon Emmey, ear infections suck! :)

It makes you feel so good when you automatically make good decisions food wise, it's those little things that keep us going. You'd have felt so annoyed with yourself if you'd have had the goodies and it wouldn't have helped you get better at all.

I managed a whole night in the pub last night drinking water... and I had a great time!

SarahCroz said:
Hope you feel better soon Emmey, ear infections suck! :)

It makes you feel so good when you automatically make good decisions food wise, it's those little things that keep us going. You'd have felt so annoyed with yourself if you'd have had the goodies and it wouldn't have helped you get better at all.

I managed a whole night in the pub last night drinking water... and I had a great time!

Thanks Sarah and huge well done for the pub! That's brilliant :)

Hi Everyone,

Hope you're all doing well :D My weigh in tomorrow, went out over the weekend for Mothers Day - my sister made a surprise visit from down South which was lovely...but it resulted in us all being very drunk indeed! So I think I was over on my points, however we avoided a meal out (which is usually a must) and last night I really craved chocolate but walked away from the shop empty handed! (Well done me).

Anyway its my weigh in tomorrow, but after all the alcohol consumed, I'm going to go on a month detox (week days only of course :p) haha.

Hope everyone is doing great!

P.S Love that dress.....my sister is getting married in July and I wish my dress was like that!!

x

Back