>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Hi all, I met up with some friends yesterday that I hadn't seen since starting my diet. I was very excited thinking they would marvel at my weight loss (22lbs) but no one noticed! I was crest fallen BUT rather than let it get me down I went to the gym and pushed myself really hard as I am determined to lose this 6 stone. Did anyone see the Obese a Year to save my Life on Monday? That has really inspired me.

Love popping in here and reading all your stories and your ups and downs and can't wait till we all get to our goals.

Send the blind bug*ers to specsavers!! lol

Can't make group this week due to being home bound with an ear infection - home scales cannot be trusted so stayed off em for ages now and don't wanna start using them - I'm calling it a STS this week and will report in next week with a loss ?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good lass staying away from your home scales :D Never a good idea to use two different sets.

Hope you feel better soon xx

Hope you feel better soon Emmey, ear infections suck! :)

It makes you feel so good when you automatically make good decisions food wise, it's those little things that keep us going. You'd have felt so annoyed with yourself if you'd have had the goodies and it wouldn't have helped you get better at all.

I managed a whole night in the pub last night drinking water... and I had a great time!

I'm impressed Sarah.......very impressed :D Well done you! :D xx

Hi Everyone,

Hope you're all doing well :D My weigh in tomorrow, went out over the weekend for Mothers Day - my sister made a surprise visit from down South which was lovely...but it resulted in us all being very drunk indeed! So I think I was over on my points, however we avoided a meal out (which is usually a must) and last night I really craved chocolate but walked away from the shop empty handed! (Well done me).

Anyway its my weigh in tomorrow, but after all the alcohol consumed, I'm going to go on a month detox (week days only of course :p) haha.

Hope everyone is doing great!

P.S Love that dress.....my sister is getting married in July and I wish my dress was like that!!

x

Well done on resisting the choccy :D Good luck for WI xx

Weeeeee

I'm poorly sick! With a bit of a nasty ear infection or virus type thing - wobbled over to the supermarket to pick up supplies of medicine - when I'm poorly I always treat myself to something totally yummy - big cake or mass amount of chocolate and crisps - thought I'd treat myself today and ended up walking out the supermarket with..... A fat free yoghurt!!!!

Now I know that SW has officially been a lifestyle change for me and not just a crash diet, I've looked back and realised the 26odd weeks I've been doing it I've done it well and done it to the point where I will continue to live like this even after the weight has gone!

I've stayed strong through birthdays and celebrations - etc etc and will continue to do so - I dont miss out, I have my alcohol and chocolate and cake but I syn them so I have them in moderation - i can still have a take away but i chose the best options and syn them - like normal people should! Like I always should have - my lifestyle is now totally different and I've realised how far I've come - nearly 3stone with ease, and what's more is I know I'll get to target and stay there because this is lifestyle and not a crash diet - ill not only win but I'll stay winning - I love SW!!
?

Excellent post Ems :D Just shows how far you have come and how natural your new lifestyle has become to you :D 26 weeks to change the habits of old eh? Well done petal, that's just great :D xx

Good for you resisting the naughty things! That really shows what a lifestyle change it is! Hope you feel better soon x

Weeeeee

I'm poorly sick! With a bit of a nasty ear infection or virus type thing - wobbled over to the supermarket to pick up supplies of medicine - when I'm poorly I always treat myself to something totally yummy - big cake or mass amount of chocolate and crisps - thought I'd treat myself today and ended up walking out the supermarket with..... A fat free yoghurt!!!!

Now I know that SW has officially been a lifestyle change for me and not just a crash diet, I've looked back and realised the 26odd weeks I've been doing it I've done it well and done it to the point where I will continue to live like this even after the weight has gone!

I've stayed strong through birthdays and celebrations - etc etc and will continue to do so - I dont miss out, I have my alcohol and chocolate and cake but I syn them so I have them in moderation - i can still have a take away but i chose the best options and syn them - like normal people should! Like I always should have - my lifestyle is now totally different and I've realised how far I've come - nearly 3stone with ease, and what's more is I know I'll get to target and stay there because this is lifestyle and not a crash diet - ill not only win but I'll stay winning - I love SW!!
?

Feel better soon emmey! And well done you.. what will power :)

I am buying a hula hoop tomorrow!! I saw an article on daily mail (inbetween me drooling at Kim kardashians fabulous body - one day ey) saying its great exercise and as its all regards to the core it pulls your tummy in nd whirtles down the sides of your tummy. Obviously I rarely see my gut as it is a podgy one but I'm thinking about just doing it to build up to a more energetic sport once I can manage that.

Considering I never could hula hoop as a kid, this will be comedy gold!

What a beautiful day it is outside... Just gorgeous :)

Well, back from weigh in am am shocked to have LOST 2lbs!!!! Get in!

Glad you all like the dress! The more I look at it the more I want it lol

Ellen that dress is fab!! I am a vintage fan myself, I love having repro vintage dresses made, try some of these sites for 40's and 50's style dresses, some make beautiful bridesmaid dresses!! Vivien of Holloway, Big Beautiful Barbara Brown (makes up to size 28/30 I think!) Polka- Dot- Polly and Call me Betty, they all have Facebook pages as well, have a look see what you think!! ooh and try Miss L Fire for shoes, some lovey quirky 50's styles on their Facebook page....I would have to go for cupcakes if I were to get married again, all in lovely pastels with sugared almonds on top!!....although the Sience Department had a bake sale for charity last week and they made a periodic table of cupcakes which Mr PD loved!! xx

Have been on a couple of those sites, will look through the rest at some point though, thanks hun. I will be having cupcakes as either part of the sweet buffet I'm planning or linked to favours. I'm contemplating an Alice in wonderland type theme... kinda mad hatters tea party, not sure, still playing with ideas!

Love the sound of the periodic table cupcakes!

Hi all, I met up with some friends yesterday that I hadn't seen since starting my diet. I was very excited thinking they would marvel at my weight loss (22lbs) but no one noticed! I was crest fallen BUT rather than let it get me down I went to the gym and pushed myself really hard as I am determined to lose this 6 stone. Did anyone see the Obese a Year to save my Life on Monday? That has really inspired me.

Love popping in here and reading all your stories and your ups and downs and can't wait till we all get to our goals.

I had the same when I met up with my best mate, haven't seen her in months (she lives in Birmingham, I'm now in Plymouth!)

BigBurd said:
At the start of the year I was 358lbs and my first goal is 200lb which is mammoth 11stone to lose. I have until my 40th next November (2013) to get to 200 or less. I started at the end of last year just before xmas so far this year I have lost 23lbs and I struggle with the curse of PCOS.

Hello :wavey:

I realised that I hadn't spoken to you when you first posted here :)

I'm so sorry- I'll PM you to incase youve thought we've ignored you on purpose!

I have PCOS- well, not fully blown PCOS but I have 2 tiny cysts on my right ovary and had a MASSIVE one removed about 6 months ago. What symptoms do you have?

We would love you to join us :) well done on the fantastic loss so far :) great to hear you're losing... 11 stones? No problem! :D

Would you like me to add you to the list with your 23 lb loss?

brosav said:

Well done brosav :) forget about your friends not noticing.. Sometimes people don't say anything because they feel you might be offended or are too scared to say anything..

Emmey1 said:
Weeeeee

?

:hug99: well done you miss .. So proud of you darling xx

Hello lovelies

Some great losses there and loving the positivity on this thread. I can really empathise with this idea that actually we are just making better choices this time round

Lost 2.5 this week - some red days suit me. My BMI is exactly 40 now so my next loss means my BMI will be 30 something for the first time in ages. I am aiming for 3lbs this week - would be lovely to get my stone

Happy Happy Happy

Hi all, was wondering if it's too late to join this?
Would love to have something to work towards like this (and think its always better to do it with like minded people)
Only started on Monday but have Over half of my body weight to lose (ouch, that hurts saying it that way!)
Thanks
Elle xxx

Hi all, was wondering if it's too late to join this?
Would love to have something to work towards like this (and think its always better to do it with like minded people)
Only started on Monday but have Over half of my body weight to lose (ouch, that hurts saying it that way!)
Thanks
Elle xxx

Hi Elle
Never too late- welcome to the crazy house!!!

Just think of it in small manageable goals

I'm sure the lovely Roziee will be along soon to add you to the list

Thank you :)
I'm going to think of it a 7lb at a time, theres just going to be 26 7s :D
But little(non food) treat at the end of each 7 I think :)

Elle15 said:

Welcome and that's the way to look at it defo. I always work in 7lbs, much less daunting and easier to achieve. All the best, :)

fatbgone said:
Welcome and that's the way to look at it defo. I always work in 7lbs, much less daunting and easier to achieve. All the best, :)

Plus if you go to a group you get a shiny sticker every 7lbs! That's the only reason i am losing weight, stickers!!! :D

Emmey1 said:
Plus if you go to a group you get a shiny sticker every 7lbs! That's the only reason i am losing weight, stickers!!! :D

Me too. 3.5lbs til the next one, this week or next at the latest lol. MUST GET SHINIES! I think I need help!

"Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe."

Thought this was lovely and related to us ..! I was so tempted to eat a 1kg Easter egg last night but had this sent to me and though oooooh :)

Haha... I love how excited us adults get about stickers and certificates. It really is fab to see them on your book... My son has loads of them and gets so excited when he gets one from school and now I can totally relate to that feeling!

I maintained this week. A little bit gutted but I went to zumba on the day before and drank nearly 2 litres of water - on top of the 5-6 glasses I had during the day. Knowing my body I hold water like a sponge so hoping it was that and will be a big weight loss next week xx

At the start of the year I was 358lbs and my first goal is 200lb which is mammoth 11stone to lose. I have until my 40th next November (2013) to get to 200 or less. I started at the end of last year just before xmas so far this year I have lost 23lbs and I struggle with the curse of PCOS.

weight.png

Welcome BigBurd, I think I may have missed your post aswell. Good luck with your journey, looks like you're doing really well so far. Make sure you join in and share your sucesses :)

Welcome too Elle :D Good plan! It's just got to become a way of life, so instead of thinking of losing the whole lot, little chunks are much much managable and they soon go. Just keep chipping away at it :)

I maintained this week. A little bit gutted but I went to zumba on the day before and drank nearly 2 litres of water - on top of the 5-6 glasses I had during the day. Knowing my body I hold water like a sponge so hoping it was that and will be a big weight loss next week xx

I'm sure it'll show next week. I'm finding the green tea is helping with water retention and probably a bit of body magic 'cos I'm running to the loo every 5 mins! :8855:

Anyways, have a good day everyone :D

And if you don't go to group, some kind soul might make you one! :8855:

Me too. 3.5lbs til the next one, this week or next at the latest lol. MUST GET SHINIES! I think I need help!

We should form SA.......Shiny Annonymous :D lol

Our bodies can be such traitors sometimes! I'm sure it will show next week :D

Back