>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

paulabeard said:
Hi everyone sorry i have been AWOL but i have been diagnosed with a gluten intolerance. I have been trying to get my head around this new way of life!! So i will be leaving this group as obviously i cannot follow slimming world anymore, but i wanted to wish you all the best on your journeys and thank you all so much for all the help and support you have given me this year

Good luck everyone

Paula xxx

Oh no, you can't go! Can't you still stay on the thread?

I will pop in to see how you are all doing i promise but i definately cant do slimming world anymore, at least i know now why it hasnt really been working for me!! Hopefully when i pop back in i will be able to report a good loss of my own (seeing as theres not alot of bad stuff to eat on this blinking diet lol!) good luck everyone xxx

You probably will see a good loss Paula as you will be eating the stuff your body likes. I have a starch intolerance, but I still eat carbs when I know I shouldn't, which is why I have really good losses on Red.

Good luck with your new eating plan Hun :)

paulabeard said:
I will pop in to see how you are all doing i promise but i definately cant do slimming world anymore, at least i know now why it hasnt really been working for me!! Hopefully when i pop back in i will be able to report a good loss of my own (seeing as theres not alot of bad stuff to eat on this blinking diet lol!) good luck everyone xxx

All the very best... My neighbour developed same intolerance after she had her second babe. She said it was a relief to find out what was wrong.. she says its hard to follow BUT wanted to tell you she looks amazing...! Skinny jeans and tiny tops, so clearly the diet works and she says she feels brilliant now. Oooo and thorntons do chocs she can eat! Not so diet friendly but good to no hehe.. all the very best xxx

paulabeard said:
Hi everyone sorry i have been AWOL but i have been diagnosed with a gluten intolerance. I have been trying to get my head around this new way of life!! So i will be leaving this group as obviously i cannot follow slimming world anymore, but i wanted to wish you all the best on your journeys and thank you all so much for all the help and support you have given me this year

Good luck everyone

Paula xxx

Hi Paula, my brother has celiac disease (gluten intolerance) and I have been told to test for it too ( not been yet :$)
Slimming world can still be done when u can't have gluten - there is information on the sw website, substitutes for things like pasta can be used in recipes etc
Hope you manage to get to grips with your new plan soon x x x

Thanks everyone, it is a relief to finally no whats wrong but i think until i get my head round the diet i just went into panic mode, but im slowly realising that actually theres plenty to eat its just not rubbish lol everybody who has it who has spoken to me about it has said how they have never felt to healthy so im really looking forward to that, to actually not feel ill will be great!! Xxx

fatbgone said:
All the very best... My neighbour developed same intolerance after she had her second babe. She said it was a relief to find out what was wrong.. she says its hard to follow BUT wanted to tell you she looks amazing...! Skinny jeans and tiny tops, so clearly the diet works and she says she feels brilliant now. Oooo and thorntons do chocs she can eat! Not so diet friendly but good to no hehe.. all the very best xxx

Thank you that good to here, skinny jeans here i come lol, i did notice my kids had a thorntons easter egg that said gluten free yay!! Xxx

Paula, you still have 6 stone to lose, my love. So you can still take part in this challenge.. just not doing it the same way ;)

Glad you've found out why things weren't working for you. Now you can wrap your head around this new plan, and go for it with bells on!

Paula, I have to be very very careful with gluten and wheat. I tested negative to celiac but I was told it was probably a gluten intolerence. If I have wheat/gluten in more than the smallest quantities I get very windy and bloated and my ibs goes crazy.

I think there isnt much difficulty incorporating it in the extra easy plan tbh.

Sainsbury's do a huge range and when my ibs was very bad 2 yrs ago I did a gluten free diet and there are lots of products. As you get more used to it i'm sure it will become easier and then a way of life. Things I used as staples were:

special pasta
cheese sause mix in a drum
made my own museli although you can buy gluten free
kello rice cakes half coated in choc
crispbreads, Tesco stock a lovely one in a green box
The gluten free bread is crap but they do some pittas which are pretty good

hth

Just a thought. The very worse thing I found was pizza hut deep pan pizza and apparently it has huge amounts of gluten in it. Last time I had it my Hubby couldnt even sleep in the same room as he said it smelt like a farmyard!

Lucia Lucia said:
Just a thought. The very worse thing I found was pizza hut deep pan pizza and apparently it has huge amounts of gluten in it. Last time I had it my Hubby couldnt even sleep in the same room as he said it smelt like a farmyard!

Lol... Awww .. see I'm not intolerant but find massive quantities of pasta I get terrible cramps. Dominos or pizza hut pizza makes me so ill! I cant eat it anymore. The only pizza I've found ok is frankie and bennys, no idea why?

Look! LOOK!!! I have a waist!

mne2.jpg

I see you have been talking about Pizza, my 2 boys really wanted to go to enjoy a pizza hut buffet yesterday!!
I said no, I cant (In my dream world, lol). I really said yes thats a good idea and enjoyed my buffet and forgot about sw. I have felt guilty yesterday evening and today. I am worried that I have already cocked this week up, even though I have stayed low in my syns today though!!

Am sure you will be fine......all this pizza talk is making me hungry - thank goodness I don't have a pizza hut or dominoes nearby.......come to think of it - it's 60 mile roundtrip to a Macdonalds and KFC is 80 miles lol

Bloody hell, You must be in the middle of the welsh valleys or somewhere similair, lol
I have a 20min walk to a Mcdonalds and BK and about a 5 min walk to a chip shop or KFC!! Cant work out why I have struggled over the years!!

And I'm actually IN Ireland hahaha but still... twenty minute brisk walk brings you to the doors of McDonalds!

And as for my Oh being easy on the eye... heh heh... I won't tell him you said so; give him a big head haha

Pizza!! Yum. Do the SW Smash Pizza... I think I have an actual addiction to that.

P.S. Don't feel guilty about your pizza binge. I just finally gave in and had an Easter egg binge. Oooops! But hey, they're gone now! And I'll do Success Express the rest of the week to make up for it. I'll be a good gal.

xMandyDx said:
P.S. Don't feel guilty about your pizza binge. I just finally gave in and had an Easter egg binge. Oooops! But hey, they're gone now! And I'll do Success Express the rest of the week to make up for it. I'll be a good gal.

So sorry to ask but what's success express? I'm out tonight so have 3 days to try and pull back a maintain! Need all the help I can get!!

Back