>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

I've made it Rozie, and it's lovely :) Not sure on the syn value of tahini paste, but it uses 2 Hexb's in olive oil

Corkscrew said:
I've made it Rozie, and it's lovely :) Not sure on the syn value of tahini paste, but it uses 2 Hexb's in olive oil

Oh you use tahini paste? I'm sure there's a syn free one floating around...

Is there?? :D Oooo now I'm interested! lol Let me know if you find it :D

1 big can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
1/4 cup liquid from can of chickpeas
3-5 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on taste)
1.5 tablespoons tahini
2 cloves garlic, crushed
0.5 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil

Sorry I've not been on, been a bit manic, didn't go to group this week as had a lot on with a craft fair I'd signed up to on Saturday, had loads of un-slimming world friendly cakes and cake related items to make. Was super stressed all week then on Thursday as I put the second cake in (the giant cupcake) the electric tripped and then I realise the oven is no longer hot and it appears it was the oven that tripped it and we have to wait for the landlady to arrange for it to be fixed... this house is ridiculous! We have been here 7.5 months and we have had the shower fixed twice, the kitchen ceiling has had to be lowered because it's an extension and there was no insulation in the ceiling which meant the whole ceiling moulded over... we have a slug issue and ants are trying to get in on the action and now the oven. Grrr. Luckily my friend loaned me her kitchen.
Am so stressed, my OH was meant to be starting back at Uni in September after defering for a year after we moved all the way to Plymouth and now he's not and money is a major stress as he can't find a job, I'm trying to get onto a access course as am going to apply for a Midwifery course but am concerned as it's so competitive and need to sort out some 'clinical experience' but have no idea how to get any, my youngest has gone back to not sleeping well and I'm so tired. Sorry, needed to rant somewhere.
Not really been on plan 100% and am annoyed that I'm probably not going to reach the next target I set myself on time....I so wanted to see 16 something on the scales this Wednesday as well. Still have 3 days. It's completely doable right? We'll see...

You should move! What a horrible house it sounds like Ellen.. Jobs are scarce that's true.. So might be an idea for the OH to start widening his search if he hasnt already..

What's wrong with the little un?

You should move! What a horrible house it sounds like Ellen.. Jobs are scarce that's true.. So might be an idea for the OH to start widening his search if he hasnt already..

What's wrong with the little un?

I would move if we could afford to. Our biggest issue with jobs is that neither of us drive which is a pain in the proverbial!

Miles has never been a great sleeper, only started sleeping for stretches more than a couple of hours at about 10.5 months when he started sleeping much better (maybe waking 2 or 3 times a night which I could cope with but he seems to have regressed this last couple of weeks and it seems harder as I'd got used to finally having some sleep again. Not sure why he's doing it but I hope it goes as soon as it came.

ellen83 said:
I would move if we could afford to. Our biggest issue with jobs is that neither of us drive which is a pain in the proverbial!

Miles has never been a great sleeper, only started sleeping for stretches more than a couple of hours at about 10.5 months when he started sleeping much better (maybe waking 2 or 3 times a night which I could cope with but he seems to have regressed this last couple of weeks and it seems harder as I'd got used to finally having some sleep again. Not sure why he's doing it but I hope it goes as soon as it came.

That's a bummer.. Yeah must be very hard if you can't drive..

Have u been to the docs about miles sleeping pattern?

I'm going to discuss it when we get his year check although who knows when that will be. Haven't seen a HV since he was 16 weeks!!! When we moved here in August I called to let them know we moved, they said we 'should' see someone before he's a year... pah! Good job I look after my kids hey!?!

He's still breastfed and is in full separation anxiety mode atm so think that might be a contributing factor.

ellen83 said:
I'm going to discuss it when we get his year check although who knows when that will be. Haven't seen a HV since he was 16 weeks!!! When we moved here in August I called to let them know we moved, they said we 'should' see someone before he's a year... pah! Good job I look after my kids hey!?!

He's still breastfed and is in full separation anxiety mode atm so think that might be a contributing factor.

How old is he? Weaning him is a difficult process for any child but you should see the dic yourself even if u don't see a HV x

How old is he? Weaning him is a difficult process for any child but you should see the dic yourself even if u don't see a HV x

I'll see how he is over the next week or so, I'm off to London on Friday over night and will be away from about 10am through to about 4pm the next day... He's not going to be happy about it but I'm looking forward to a full nights sleep!

Hello all, well I'm back from a lovely week and a bit of holidaying. Spent five nights in Mallorca visiting family and sitting around a lovely pool, having lovely massages and making full use of the spa and then when I came back Mr PD and I went off in our bus for a few nights to see Wilko Johnson play and then spend a couple of days sightseeing in Oxford, Mr PD's dad was at uni, he lost his dad very young and has always wanted to go and see where he spent his formative years, it was lovely........ and a little emotional for him ! Needless to say I am dreading WI on Wed as I have been very off plan, lot's of lovely dinners out and good wine, cocktails round the swimming pool and cosy nights on the bus eating cheese and buscuits and drinking port but here I am back on it today and hoping to lose another stone by the beggining of the summer holidays. I am back in work so haven't had time to read through what you have all been up to this week so I hope you are all happy and healthy and have been brilliant at supporting each other when we are not!! I think I'm going to need lots of that brilliant support to get back on the wagon!!! much love xx

Good morning everyone ....Hope everyone has had a good weekend.2lbs on for me yesterday feeling really bloated and coming up totm and cravingggggg chocolate badly:eek: so my plan this week is to shift it agin lol .I have my water bottle beside me,upping my fruit and will be checking out some new recipes to try.

Welcome back Peacedove sounds like you had a great time.Well done you for getting back on track.

The sun is out today yay!!!!! Have a great day. xx

Ellen, I completely understand the not sleeping. My 9 year old never slept one night until he was almost 3 years old. He would sleep from 8 til 12 or 1, and then was awake SCREAMING every hour on the hour...sometimes for an hour or more at a time. Then come 5 or 6am, he was up for the day. There were some very dark thoughts going through my head as I was on my own with him, and his sister who was still a toddler herself. Nothing I tried would get him to calm down or to sleep. I tried rocking him, feeding him, changing his nappy, singing to him, putting him in the bed with me, ignoring him, crying with him, getting cross with him, and one time I even tried giving him a chocolate bar out of pure desperation...but even that didn't get him to stop crying.
I'm afraid you're just going to have to tough it out, my lovely. It won't last forever.

As for the house you're living in... I would be very upset if things kept going wrong in the house. The flat I used to live in was a total dump, and the landlord wouldn't do a damn thing for me. At least yours will do what needs doing. I had mushrooms growing on the living room carpet from the damp! Shame it was summer when I moved in, or I might have spotted all the damp!
As soon as you can, I would move. Is there no council list you can get on?

Jobs are so rare these days. My OH has been out of work for over a year now. It's a struggle... but what else can be done? We're in the same boat, with no car, as we sold ours last Xmas for a few quid for the holidays. Sometimes you just have to travel for work, and that will probably mean bussing it... but hey-ho, a job's a job, right?

It'll come off next time kenco!! And welcome back peacedove, sounds like an amazing holiday...!!!!! Dont worry about what the scales say... A holiday has to be enjoyed!!

I maintained... Pheww. As my consultant mentioned we only had a 6 day week as the bank holiday got in the way. I'm stepping it up a gear and aiming for 3lb loss this week!!! I'm going to do a 6k walk every morning and stick to plan rigidly. My sisters wedding is 24 weeks away, if I lost 2lb a week I would walk down as her bridesmaid 5 and half stone lighter. Hmm. We ll see!!

Last edited:
Welcome back PD! I hope you had a fabulous time on holidays! Back to the grindstone now lol

Kenko, don't worry about it.. that'll come off in a flash!

fatbgone said:
it'll come off next time kenco!! And welcome back peacedove, sounds like an amazing holiday...!!!!! Dont worry about what the scales say... A holiday has to be enjoyed!!

I maintained... Pheww. As my consultant mentioned we only had a 6 day week as the bank holiday got in the way. I'm stepping it up a gear and aiming for 3lb loss this week!!! I'm going to do a 6k walk every morning and stick to plan rigidly. My sisters wedding is 24 weeks away, if I lost 2lb a week I would walk down as her bridesmaid 5 and half stone lighter. Hmm. We ll see!!

My maths is terrible considering I worked in a bank for years!!

Id walk down the aisle 7 stone lighter!!!!

Morning!

Rozie could you remove my stats from the thread (haven't PM'd you to update them ages) as I shall no longer be around the thread - I shall still hit my target set and continue to lose but without the aid of this particular thread

Good luck to all those genuinely trying to stick to plan and not just see what they can get away with ;) I hope you all hit your targets in the time deserved :)

Don't worry about replying to this particular post as I'm officially Un-subscribing from it
Good luck once again one and all :)

:confused::wave_cry::lost:

Ellen, I completely understand the not sleeping. My 9 year old never slept one night until he was almost 3 years old. He would sleep from 8 til 12 or 1, and then was awake SCREAMING every hour on the hour...sometimes for an hour or more at a time. Then come 5 or 6am, he was up for the day. There were some very dark thoughts going through my head as I was on my own with him, and his sister who was still a toddler herself. Nothing I tried would get him to calm down or to sleep. I tried rocking him, feeding him, changing his nappy, singing to him, putting him in the bed with me, ignoring him, crying with him, getting cross with him, and one time I even tried giving him a chocolate bar out of pure desperation...but even that didn't get him to stop crying.
I'm afraid you're just going to have to tough it out, my lovely. It won't last forever.

As for the house you're living in... I would be very upset if things kept going wrong in the house. The flat I used to live in was a total dump, and the landlord wouldn't do a damn thing for me. At least yours will do what needs doing. I had mushrooms growing on the living room carpet from the damp! Shame it was summer when I moved in, or I might have spotted all the damp!
As soon as you can, I would move. Is there no council list you can get on?

Jobs are so rare these days. My OH has been out of work for over a year now. It's a struggle... but what else can be done? We're in the same boat, with no car, as we sold ours last Xmas for a few quid for the holidays. Sometimes you just have to travel for work, and that will probably mean bussing it... but hey-ho, a job's a job, right?

I just keep telling myself it will pass, he's generally a great kid, cheeky little sod but super cute. Think much of his sleeping issues revolve around him being a quite advanced, had done everything SO early and just likes to be on the go ALL the time.
Miles.jpg

This was him yesterday... How could I be angry at that cheeky face lol.

As for the house situation. We are looking into options, location wise its perfect, it's just a shame about the house itself! Will look into getting on the housing list, need to inquire about other benefits and such anyway. Money is such a pain in the ass!

OH has also been looking into the possibility of setting up as a mobile computer repairer... but would require him to drive (I did suggest his bike...lol). The other factor we have is the boys, if I get my college place, OH needs a good enough job that will cover nursery costs. Why is nothing easy?

Why has Emmey left?

Why is nothing easy? Cos then it wouldn't be worth doing... lol

Why did Emmey leave? I've no idea :(

And your little man is super cute!

Back