>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Why is nothing easy? Cos then it wouldn't be worth doing... lol

Why did Emmey leave? I've no idea :(

And your little man is super cute!

This is true, life would be boring if it were easy I guess!

He is cute... but he's a little bugger! lol

ellen83 said:
This is true, life would be boring if it were easy I guess!

He is cute... but he's a little bugger! lol

He's adorable... I think boys are always little monkeys, as they get older they're no better! Hehe. My lad was a terrible sleeper until 8 months, he just didn't sleep. It was horrendous as I had to go back to work when he was 7 weeks old and I would be up with him all night and I'd just be sobbing as id be so tired. Can totally relate to that exhaustion, its hard. But, he did one day at 8 months sleep all night 7-7 and did it right through until last April. Now I'm lucky if he's asleep by 10.30pm and sleeps past 6am but still, anything is better than nothing!

I can't offer any miracle cure, I wish I could - sleep deprivation is horrendous. I hope he settles back to his routine soon... Like you said tho , with that grin how could you not have a midnight cuddle! Little charmer :)

Have hurt my mummy tummy/ over hang / kangaroo pouch sooo badly. I scratched the skin Saturday and today its become inflamed and sore.. joys of having rolls if chub ! :( lot of pain tho. Hoping it ll cool tonight and heal up. Wouldn't think its hurt as much as it does.. ! Argh. Not one thing its another.

Got my trainers ready by the door, school run and then 6k walk.

Mornin' all!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Well done anyone who's a loser :D Good to see you back PD, your hols sounded just perfect :) Sad to see you go Emmey, but good luck if you read this!

Is anyone else getting a bit bored with 'the plan' and finding it hard to stay motivated? I know it's probably the novelty wearing off from when most of us started in Jan and the Easter weekend didn't help. I'm finding little things slipping back in like being a bit generous with things I need to measure (things like gravy granules and flora cuisine) and having a little 'bite' of something in the fridge. It didn't affect me last week but I have a feeling it's going to come back and bite me soon. This thread has kept me going for the last few months and I don't want it to fizzle out. Would be great to see more people posting again!

On the plus side I have developed some good habits that seem to have stuck, I now drink at least 5-6 pints of water every day and 3-4 cups of green tea. I don't know if it's the tea or just my stomach shrinking but my appetite is smaller and there have been occasions where I've actually forgotten lunch or dinner... I know!! Would never have comtemplated that 6 months ago!!! For me, this time around a real revelation was looking at the SW plan and adapting it to suit me. I've always known that carbs don't suit me so cutting down on bread, pasta, rice etc was obvious and Red days or EE (but keeping the aforementioned to a minimum) seem to work better. Since drinking the water and tea I've naturally just stopped drinking so much diet coke (was a real addict) and juice drinks (no room and running upstairs for a wee would probably get me a few body magic awards!!). Although they are sugar free, I'm starting to think that they also triggered the carb reaction, i.e binging. feeling hungry even after a big meal etc. I also started looking at calorie content, I know SW doesn't look at this but it's a simple equation, you can't lose weight if you consume more calories than you use! If anyone is struggling while being 100% I would recommend tracking your 'on plan' food on My Fitness Pal for a few days. Might just make you think about portion size and things that although are 'free', are quite calorific.

Sorry for waffling on... just a bit of food for thought (pardon the pun!:D) Don't want this thread getting a little bit like the SW meetings I used to hate where the assumption was 'one plan fits all', the Consultant's word was law and happy clapping for the gains and the losses! We've been losing people along the way and there are less posts so maybe we need something to get us all motivated again...

Anyone up for a challenge, any ideas?? Or maybe just post your own revelation's and foods you've found that really make a difference.

Have a good day :D

I'm up for a challenge!!

I agree, its a shame we ve lost a few regulars but the motivation from the posts I do read on here are fab :)

I really should make more effort to drink more water. I hate green tea but I know you can buy capsules, do they have the same effect? Hmm. Tbh I am a total diet coke addict. I need to kick it soon..

At our group yesterday we ve been encouraged to try more things for breakfast / lunches / dinners. Increase the variation. I've bought porridge oats and I'm going to have that with a muller for brekkie with fruit tomorrow. I miss my oats so simple porridge cups soo much!! Soo hoping the oats mixed into muller over night with fruit will be a good replacement.

Had berries, alpen bar and yoghurt. I'm going to try and eat more fish too as I had no idea most types are speedfood! - is this correct? That's what I read elsewhere.. hmm. Having a jacket with tuna and salad for lunch. 2 cucumbers for £1 at Tesco and going to eat lots today and tomorrow !

Really hoping for a 3lb loss this week to get my next award.

Bought butterkist toffee popcorn small bags 5.5 syns today and philly choc little individual tubs are 4 syns and lush to dip raspberries in/strawberries. I'm also freezing the mullerlights still for an icecream when I have the munchies!!!!! Yumm.

In group our consultant did a new technique where we all had to give

- one HINDER (when you find it difficult o keep to plan ie nights out, meals out, afternoon snacks, not enough free foods)
- one HELP (one thing that helps you resolve that hinder ie trying on clothes/eating frozen grapes when you have the munchies)

It was fascinating to find out others hinders and how they resolve it.

My hinder is when my sons in bed and the rest of the family are eating chocolate and pizzas etc.. my help, I've already mentioned it in this post, is a frozen muller! As they take so long to eat..!

Another is when we go out unexpectedly for lunch in a restaurant. My help is Google!! If I'm at a chain restaurant ill Google low syn meals at weatherspoons/harvester etc or ill look for syns on Google at macdonalds or for crisps etc if I get stuck anywhere I am during the day. Thank goodness for moviles broadband!! But its very useful, plus if you see its 28 syns for something and something else is 12 syns it does make you think and helps you to make a choice :)

I have to hang my head in shame!!! :cry:

All has been going great and then last week it all fell apart!! I had my 2 boys all last week and went to Pizza Hut for a lunch time buffet, Went for a chinese buffet, had a fair few pints on both Friday and Saturday night! As well as having a large Chinese take away on Saturday night that I also had the remains on Saturday night!!

I put on 5lbs!!! :cry:

My scales are now showing that I have lost 3 of them pounds since yesterday morning, maybe the Sunday night chinese has worked its way through, Walked my dog 4 walks of about 4 miles each and went and swam about a 1000metres today. As well as pretty much staying 5 syns each day!
I am so determined to lose what I put on and more this week!!

I will correct my errors, I am so determined!!! :)

I have to hang my head in shame!!! :cry:

All has been going great and then last week it all fell apart!! I had my 2 boys all last week and went to Pizza Hut for a lunch time buffet, Went for a chinese buffet, had a fair few pints on both Friday and Saturday night! As well as having a large Chinese take away on Saturday night that I also had the remains on Saturday night!!

I put on 5lbs!!! :cry:

My scales are now showing that I have lost 3 of them pounds since yesterday morning, maybe the Sunday night chinese has worked its way through, Walked my dog 4 walks of about 4 miles each and went and swam about a 1000metres today. As well as pretty much staying 5 syns each day!
I am so determined to lose what I put on and more this week!!

I will correct my errors, I am so determined!!! :)

Don't worry about the falling off, it's the getting back on that counts! There will always be days or weeks even where life gets in the way. If we can just learn to accept that, enjoy it but get back on the plan after then it shouldn't have too much of an effect on the long term. I think we have to try to stop thinking about being 'bad' or 'naughty' for not making the best choice food wise, after all it's not like we can go cold turkey and give it up completely :)

Last edited:
Thankyou Sarah, I like what you have said!!
Like I said, I am proper going for it this week, I felt so disapointed in myself and embarrased at the meeting yesterday!!

I also put on this week. Thought I'd put on a tiny amount or have a STS even... but I put on 2lb. Serves me right for the Easter Egg Fiasco and the night out. Blah... back to it.

dextersmum said:
This week will be a GOOD week xx

Mandy and t11cky don't worry... Life is for living!! If you can't enjoy yourself on holiday, bank holidays or with family... When can you?

So far so good...

Bought a new rain running jacket yesterday. Impulse I bought bright fuschia pink... Wearing it on the school run in a bit and thinking hindsight I wish I'd gone for a dark colour! Years of wearing black the thought of wearing a bright pink jacket blue jeans and patterned trainers... Daunting!

Going to do it tho and then go on a 6k walk.

As dextersmum put it - this week is going to be a BRILLIANT week for us all!

Mandy and t11cky don't worry... Life is for living!! If you can't enjoy yourself on holiday, bank holidays or with family... When can you?

So far so good...

Bought a new rain running jacket yesterday. Impulse I bought bright fuschia pink... Wearing it on the school run in a bit and thinking hindsight I wish I'd gone for a dark colour! Years of wearing black the thought of wearing a bright pink jacket blue jeans and patterned trainers... Daunting!

Going to do it tho and then go on a 6k walk.

As dextersmum put it - this week is going to be a BRILLIANT week for us all!

You know Fatbegone, my daughter said to me before I went on the diet, that I always wore black, and I did. I opened the wardrobe and the couple of things I had that were in a different colour, I never wore. My new yrs resolution was to never wear all black again and I have a rainbow of colours in my wardrobe now and rarely wear black. So many poeple have commented how lovely my clothes are now ( I get 90% in charity shops as I go down a size every two months approx) Clothes used to be a cover up job for me at 24 st and now I love them. If I love clothes at size 20, I'm going to be a shoppa holic when I get to target! Wear your fushia raincoat with pride!

I've been a bit lax on this thread, sorry but it's been manic with the kids off for Easter. I've been really stuck in the 18's for 8 weeks and thats starting to get me down BUT my sneeky peek on the scales looks very promising indeed for my official weigh in at class tomorrow!

4 weigh ins til I put my new sized bot on a plane seat, so very focussed!

Happy slimming everyone!

Lucia Lucia I wore it and I'm so pleased. I felt self concious at first but then went for a 6.5k walk/jog in it and it was raining and thought yay! So thank you.. its amazing how wearing black all the time and suddenly wearing colour makes the difference. :) I never think to look in charity shops for clothes! I always look on eBay... Gutted I was outbid on a river island dress by £1! :( but its lovely shopping and enjoying shopping...

Like you, I dread to think what my credit card bill will be like when I get to small sizes!!! :)

Went to weatherspoons for lunch and had a skinny chicken burger. It comes with salad and the burger is in a bun.. but I removed the bun, had no cheese and took my own dressing and it was lovely! Butterfly chicken salad really. And 3.99 including diet Pepsi! Bargain! I'm assuming it'd be 2 syns for the chicken as its bound to be cooked in oil, even tho it looked grilled. And I added my own dressing of extra light salad cream another 2 syns! So 4 syns for a lovely lunch with lots of protein and super free.. Yumm!

Sounds a great lunch. I had some chicken kebab type thing on the new menu and that was pretty good and very low syn in my unofficial syn book!

Lucia Lucia said:
Sounds a great lunch. I had some chicken kebab type thing on the new menu and that was pretty good and very low syn in my unofficial syn book!

Oooo the sweet chilli kebab stick thing ? Without the dressing Apparently its only a couple due to the oil ... Yay!

I know I shouldn't use my weighing scales at all and should only use when its weigh in day, But!!

My scales are really annoying me, The weights it says I am are always varying, For example this evening with just my underwear on, I touched the scales with the bottom of foot and the scales came on and said 0st & 0lb's

I got on and then they say 16st 9lbs

I get off and let them turn off!!

Then repeat the process and suddenly I have gone upto 16st 12lbs!!

I never know which weight I am, Are my scales rubbish, broken or is this just how they all work???

Get new scales.. Mine used to do that.. Rubbish scales!

Thanks, I thought everybody had died or something in here, What has happened to the constant chat??

Can I ask what scales you have?? And anybody else that reads this!! Come on what scales do you all recomend!!!

I lie.. It's not salter.. I'll type up the name of the company later on for you.. But they are excellent. Doesn't matter how many times u get on it.. It will tell you the same weight and doesn't change every time u step on it..

Mine scales seem to work ok but I don't think I'd go for digital ones again as they can be temperamental. I think the mechanical ones with a dial and a needle have less which can go wrong. Probably best to get a more expensive set rather than the ones for a fiver in Asda though :D

Back