>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

I did start out at 18 stone, but my C never mentioned extra syns lol

I started at 21.2 st and my consultant told me 15. But a previous consultant told me 20 syns until 20 stone then down to 15. X

Thanks...it's 15 syns then that I'll stick to!

I started at 19st 10 and my C never said anything about more syns - he told me to use between 5-15. To start with I hardly used to use syns as I felt I had so much free foods to choose from, but I do have them every day now lol!

Very proud of myself today, I managed to remember to drink my water and must have had about 3 litres of it! (When this thread first started we used to do a challenge every week, and one of the first ones was the water challenge, which is why I mention it, as I never remember to drink enough!) :)

Hope everyone has had a great day! Xxx

5 syns a day is very easy until I have a drink!! 1/2 a bottle of rum, a pack od Mikado, a Cadbury's boost is shocking!!
Then add a Chinese meal from my local Chinese!!

After being strict all week as soon as I either go out with a mate or a mate comes round it all falls apart!!!

:cry:

T11cky - you'll be fine if you get back on it straight away I'm sure! Life is for living. As long as you enjoyed yourself and then all I'd personally do today and tomorrow is up the speed foods etc :) you'll be fine!

Missclumsy I need to concentrate on drinking more! I'm going to start today!

My skin has always been ok but the last 4-8 weeks its nose dived. I'm really self concious of it as I can't go out without make up on or anything which isn't like me. I went out yesterday and bought a new set of sensitive skin toners cleansers and creams etc and hoping if I keep it up it'll clear up. Waaah :( I would of though dieting and eating right would not affect the skin on my face tbh? I bought new make up brand incase the latest one didn't agree with my face and washed my brushes etc. Fingers crossed eh! So annoying!! Has anyone else found this?? Maybe drinking more water will aid it too.

And...
New guy at work started with me yesterday and he's actually training to be a personal trainer and is qualified in nutrion etc. I mentioned I'd be happy to get a personal trainer June / July and maybe he could shape me up for the wedding and he said why start then what you doing Wednesday! So he's giving me a free trial / induction to see how I get on (Ahh I'm petrified lol!) And he's going to write a programme for me and offered to do an hour or two a week PT soooo cheap as he's still training.

So now.. dilemma! Does anyone know of any exercise clothes that stop everything wobbling!?! Mainly my bum and gut!!!!!!!! I can strap the twins down its just everything else shaking that puts me off when i jog/run.. plus this guy is easy on the eye so I don't want him to think we re getting a round of applause but its actually my ar*e slapping the back of my thighs as I run!!!!!!!!!!

lol @ arse slapping as you run!

Fatbegone, I'm sure you'll be just fine. And hey, even if you do make wierd noises while running etc., so what?! At least you're doing something about it!
All I can suggest would be to layer a bit. Maybe get some lycra for underneath your track bottoms so that even if you do wobble and shake, it's just material hitting material.

Best of luck, and I hope you enjoy it! Plus, hey maybe he's a bit keen on you since he offered to do this right away...

T11cky, I know that feeling. I have the best of intentions and even when I do go out I fully intend to have only 4 shorts (16 syns) but it all goes t1ts up haha

Hey everyone,

So from Monday I've lost 2 lbs- which is great. I had to WI today because I won't be able to on Monday at mums so I'm now 19 stone 11.

Going to be as good as I can, apart from my birthday cake at mums- lots of salad and veg and if she makes delicious food I'll have a small portion to compensate.

I'm packed- just need to take a shower and get ready now.

I doubt I'll be on here very much so lots of love to you all and I'll speak to you properly when I can.

And let's still aim for our 6 stone aim :) we have lost lots of the oldies, but doesn't mean I'm going with them.

I'm sorry for not being around- it's been really hectic for the last few weeks. But I'm back and we should start our challenges again- what does everyone think?

Rozie x

T11cky - you'll be fine if you get back on it straight away I'm sure! Life is for living. As long as you enjoyed yourself and then all I'd personally do today and tomorrow is up the speed foods etc :) you'll be fine!

Missclumsy I need to concentrate on drinking more! I'm going to start today!

My skin has always been ok but the last 4-8 weeks its nose dived. I'm really self concious of it as I can't go out without make up on or anything which isn't like me. I went out yesterday and bought a new set of sensitive skin toners cleansers and creams etc and hoping if I keep it up it'll clear up. Waaah :( I would of though dieting and eating right would not affect the skin on my face tbh? I bought new make up brand incase the latest one didn't agree with my face and washed my brushes etc. Fingers crossed eh! So annoying!! Has anyone else found this?? Maybe drinking more water will aid it too.

And...
New guy at work started with me yesterday and he's actually training to be a personal trainer and is qualified in nutrion etc. I mentioned I'd be happy to get a personal trainer June / July and maybe he could shape me up for the wedding and he said why start then what you doing Wednesday! So he's giving me a free trial / induction to see how I get on (Ahh I'm petrified lol!) And he's going to write a programme for me and offered to do an hour or two a week PT soooo cheap as he's still training.

So now.. dilemma! Does anyone know of any exercise clothes that stop everything wobbling!?! Mainly my bum and gut!!!!!!!! I can strap the twins down its just everything else shaking that puts me off when i jog/run.. plus this guy is easy on the eye so I don't want him to think we re getting a round of applause but its actually my ar*e slapping the back of my thighs as I run!!!!!!!!!!

I had the same prob with excercise clothes. I found some great leggin type things but much thicker in Sainsburys. They are really comfy but not tight and hold everything tum, bum etc in place, they are three quarter length and were around £10 come in black and have a grey band around the top. I cant recommend them highly enough. I bought three prs and live in them now!

Lucia Lucia they sound excellent!! I'm going to have a look, did you buy them recently??

I bought 2 sports bras and hoping they'll keep the girls down and going to look at those leggings and a sports top which should keep my gut held back!!

I am quite looking forward to it... It's a massive step. I just feel that this is it now, no more messing. I gotta do it now and I know I can do it so its just swallowing my nerves and getting on it!

Just about to have a jacket and salad with some chicken followed by muller light !

Suns shining isn't it beautiful!?! Hope weathers nice where you are! Might go for a family walk down the beach, my sons got his bike out first time this year and is itching to have a long ride on it.

And slap my wrist weighed myself again and I've put on 2 lb now! Arghhh!

All I can think is its the exercise increase? Who knows. If I can scrap a lb gain or maintain that'll be good but I better loose loads next week as I've stuck to plan rigidly!!!! :(

Rozie I think starting up the challenges again is a great idea! Give us all something to achieve even if we have a STS some week..

The leggings are with the sports clothes and I bought them 2 months ago

Hope everyone is well, too tired to read through all posts, have just got back from a couple of days in London and am exhausted!

ellen83 said:
Hope everyone is well, too tired to read through all posts, have just got back from a couple of days in London and am exhausted!

Hope you had fun!!

WI first thing... Defo no pants!! I'm convinced I'm going to gain :( scales still saying +1 or 2lb .. :(

Annoying when you feel you've stuck to plan. Sigh! I'll see how it goes first thing :)

Hope you all have had a good weekend??

ellen83 said:

Hope you had fun!!

WI first thing... Defo no pants!! I'm convinced I'm going to gain :( scales still saying +1 or 2lb .. :(

Annoying when you feel you've stuck to plan. Sigh! I'll see how it goes first thing :)

Hope you all have had a good weekend??

Hello everyone, I hope you are all well.

I haven't been on for a couple of weeks as have been on holiday then too busy when I started back at work. I also didn't weigh in for 2 weeks as I had been a bit naughty with wine and a couple of takeaways but I was delighted yesterday when I still lost 3lbs over the fortnight but the best thing is that takes me to under 14stone for the first time in years! Total wieght loss to date is 32lbs. I can't PM Rosiee - by the way I have only just worked out what that meant - as I don't have enough posts so if anyone else is sending theirs in could you do mine.

thanks and have a great week everyone.

Last edited:
Back